Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ticket Pricing for the next CCL stage

So we get an extra three games at home this season. How do you think the suits will market these games. Will we see the same pricing structure as the qualifier or will they jack it up a little? Will they make us buy the whole 3 game package at once? I really would like to see a full house to these games to help our boys get past this round for the first time in history.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Will defiantly be a 3 game package - that just makes sense IMO.

As for Price - well... If they want people in the stands, it should be a 1 price package deal for all 3 games

Yellow - $40
    LGray - $42
    MGrey - $54
    L Blue - $64
    D Grey - $74
    D Blue - $78
    Red - $90
    Club - $110

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the FO doesn't want to be dum dums, and take the RE game as a reminder of how they failed at pricing, they would come up with special rates or something.

well, us supporters being dum dums will probably end up buying tickets at regular price but eh.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is that they make us commit to all three games.

Which makes sense from a business perspective, because the 3rd game attendance is really dependent on the results of the previous games.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really like to see them do the right thing... for once.
    Make the ticket prices much cheaper than normal,
    Get more fans in the seats,
    Sell more concessions.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing same price as the Real Esteli match but you must buy all 3 matches. Single tickets will be available later but at a slightly higher cost. Can't see it being done any different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

As for Price - well... If they want people in the stands, it should be a 1 price package deal for all 3 games

Yellow - $40
    LGray - $42
    MGrey - $54
    L Blue - $64
    D Grey - $74
    D Blue - $78
    Red - $90
    Club - $110
    I hope those prices are for all three games combined...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is the same price as the Real Esteli game. They will sell it as a 3-game package.

But if you call your rep you can get individual games at the same price.

They want to hold the value of their tickets. They won't go lower than the Esteli pricing. They would rather have 10,000 in the stands at those prices than 15,000+ at lower prices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given what a three game streak, against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....

If they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

They may use these CCL games as a loss leader, ie commit to 2012 renewals, and you get some of these games (say the first two) for free.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I would really like to see them do the right thing... for once.
    Make the ticket prices much cheaper than normal,
    Get more fans in the seats,
    Sell more concessions.
    you and me both, they really fucked up the qualifiers and i hope they realized it. they can get more of the same or do alot better. These are games they might not have had anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    My guess is the same price as the Real Esteli game. They will sell it as a 3-game package.

But if you call your rep you can get individual games at the same price.

They want to hold the value of their tickets. They won't go lower than the Esteli pricing. They would rather have 10,000 in the stands at those prices than 15,000+ at lower prices.
    The value of their tickets is about 10000 asses in the seats at this point. You would hope they realize if they cut the price in half they can get a full house and kill on the concessions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Given what a three game streak, against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....

If they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

They may use these CCL games as a loss leader, ie commit to 2012 renewals, and you get some of these games (say the first two) for free.
    This is a great idea. But I don't think they have enough time to put this together as the first CCL game is just a few weeks away. They are consistently slow at getting ticket info out. They should have the Group Stage ticket info out now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Given what a three game streak against a truly bad team and an expansion team, seems to do to the mood in these parts....if they're smart they'll gas up the choppers on the 2012 SSH campaign right now.

Hahahahahaha...wishfull thinking. FO caring about the SSH base?

These tickets will be a 3 ticket package at the same or slightly more than the RE game. These games are all bottom line gravy and I doubt they're willing to discount to pack the house. Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    The value of their tickets is about 10000 asses in the seats at this point. You would hope they realize if they cut the price in half they can get a full house and kill on the concessions.
    The thing is they could lower the prices and most likely the attendance numbers don't change dramatically.

They are banking on winning bringing fans back. I think it will take a lot more than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    They realize that. They realize the far more important truth that the possibility of filling BMO at higher prices down the road is worth far more (100x? 1000x?) than the few thousand dollars of extra nachos and beer that they would sell.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Hahahahahaha...wishfull thinking. FO caring about the SSH base?

These tickets will be a 3 ticket package at the same or slightly more than the RE game. These games are all bottom line gravy and I doubt they're willing to discount to pack the house. Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.
    Did you even read my post?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Plus they're all going to be wed night matches so expect turnouts to be similar to the RE game.
    Nah I think we are looking at at least 15,000 people for the group stage, at least if the matches still mean a chance to move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry folks, but I think some of you are being waaaay too optimistic in terms of what this means to regular fans. I really don't think they care about CCL very much and unless the pricing is about $15 for all tickets, the attendance will be meek. People are pissed off about this crappy season, pissed off at the FO, and care much more about making the play-offs (which we've missed this year).

A lot of them are also probably regretting renewing season tickets this year, so I can't see them splashing out for more games at $40 or so in the CCL.
    Last edited by mclaren; 08-03-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, commiting to three games at the RE prices is a HUGE chunk of change. My tickets were around $60 per seat. So I would have to invest $360 for a pair? That's a big commitment for a "rebuilding" TFC i have already invested over $2000 for.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Sorry folks, but I think you're all being waaaay too optimistic in terms of what this means to regular fans. I really don't think they care about CCL very much and unless the pricing is about $15 for all tickets, the attendance will be meek. People are pissed off about this crappy season, pissed off at the FO, and care much more about making the play-offs (which we've missed this year).

A lot of them are also probably regretting renewing season tickets this year, so I can't see them splashing out for more games at $40 or so in the CCL.
    Sounds like last year.

Last year the matches were attended well until we had no chance of moving past the group stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turn out will be far less than the RE game if they don't come up with an attractive discount for the 3 game package.

I was one of the 10,000 at the RE game and I will not buy the 3 game package this time if it is at the same price as the RE game - i'll watch them on TV.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, is the schedule out yet? Does TFC know which dates will be its home games?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto will play away to Tauro F.C. to begin the Champions League group stage on August 18. They'll be at BMO Field for their first home game of the next round against either Dallas or Alianza on August 24.
    According to the TFC website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Sounds like last year.

Last year the matches were attended well until we had no chance of moving past the group stage.
    I think last year was different - people still had a little faith then in the FO. The price hike last year took the biscuit. I didn't renew for one.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always been critical of the pricing of TFC tickets but the prices for the Real Esteli match were OK. They were cheaper (slightly) than our regular tickets. If these are the same, then unless you just cannot afford to go financially how can you say no?

If you are more than a casual fan of TFC then isn't this freakin fantastic? CONCACAF Champs league group stage, pretty good stuff and great stuff in a season where things haven't gone very well. If it cost me $60 for 3 matches then I don't have a problem with that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    According to the TFC website.
    Thanks. So that gives them about 3 weeks to sell a 3 game package.

As far as I can find the other matches aren't set yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that most of BMO was closed down during the RE game is kinda scary. It was like they were willingly anticipating a low turnout (by their own fault) and were ok keeping most the concession stands closed. My fear is that MLSE is not going to try and market TFC to be anything more then what field results dictate. Like why not at least try and pack the house? Are they that lazy that they rather keep the stadium half closed and 2/3 empty? Or are they that stupid that they think people will pay their fucktarded price to see a game they don't understand the significance of because MLSE have done fuck all in marketing?

Which is it MLSE? Are you lazy or stupid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Yellow - $40
    LGray - $42
    MGrey - $54
    L Blue - $64
    D Grey - $74
    D Blue - $78
    Red - $90
    Club - $110
    Isn't this the premium price structure? They should at least give us basic rates. I think my light gray's are going for $29 or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    you and me both, they really fucked up the qualifiers and i hope they realized it.
    Nope. More excuses about not having enough time to sell tickets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Or are they that stupid that they think people will pay their fucktarded price to see a game they don't understand the significance of because MLSE have done fuck all in marketing?
    I'll take you to task on that comment.

If the people don't understand the significance of a game involving a team they supposedly support, I'm not sure that the "fucktard" label belongs on MLSE in that case.