Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya looks like they got the supporters pricing correct, but I still think my dark greys are too expensive. At least they tried kinda.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will add that, while I am ok with my Light Grey prices, and the South End prices look good too,
    I think they should have reduced the more expensive sections by a greater percentage.
    It would have been a nice gesture to many of those that fork out a lot of cash for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    TFC Still Gets Pricing Wrong For CCL

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...wrong-pricing/

TFC lowers prices for three upcoming CONCACAF Champions League matches. Why I feel that they have made progress in lowering the prices across the board (and should be applauded for doing so) but have not lowered them near enough to fill the building to anything close to capacity.
    I disagree. If the games are not sold out to capacity, it will not be a result of the CCL pricing scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair play to the FO for lowering prices but I see the same result - full South End, everywhere else empty. The people who care most about these games will be the ones paying $15 per game. The vast majority of fans don't care about this competition so won't be paying $40+ per game. It just ain't happening. Better to charge a maximum of $25/$30 for the more expensive seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Dark Grey is 20% discount from the season ticket price.
    I wasn't talking about the season ticket price. And I got a %30 discount from Mexx for being a loyal customer on the weekend. Now that's something to talk about. Especially considering I don't find their products over priced in the first place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I disagree. If the games are not sold out to capacity, it will not be a result of the CCL pricing scheme.
    im going to have to go with manc on this.
    MLSE knows these games are always a hard sell, and they really do get shafted with the way the tournament is placed. they're trying to find a break even point.

i know i suggested movie-theatre pricing at $12 a ticket, but honestly, that'd require a fuckton of buzz coupled with a promotional blitz that wouldnt be effective given that this is in two weeks. on second thought, my original suggestion was unrealistic, but if MLSE wanted bums in seats, they'd start reaching out to corporations, or at least give the unsold tickets to charities or volunteers for charities.

the fact of the matter is, we're not winning. if we arent making a positive splash in the headlines, MLSE is fighting an uphill battle here. if this was our first two years people would be buying tickets like this just so they could see a game.. but thats a conversation for another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    im going to have to go with ManU on this.
    MLSE knows these games are always a hard sell, and they really do get shafted with the way the tournament is placed. they're trying to find a break even point.

i know i suggested movie-theatre pricing at $12 a ticket, but honestly, that'd require a fuckton of buzz coupled with a promotional blitz that wouldnt be effective given that this is in two weeks. on second thought, my original suggestion was unrealistic, but if MLSE wanted bums in seats, they'd start reaching out to corporations, or at least give the unsold tickets to charities or volunteers for charities.

the fact of the matter is, we're not winning. if we arent making a positive splash in the headlines, MLSE is fighting an uphill battle here. if this was our first two years people would be buying tickets like this just so they could see a game.. but thats a conversation for another thread.
    Fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what, I understand some of the concern for the higher prices in the prawn sections... but by the same token, the people who can normally afford even higher prices for those seats can afford these lower prices. Get what I'm saying?

If you have dark greys already, you're paying something like $50+ a seat for league games. If the difference between the CCL $40 and, let's say, $30/seat is enough to bankrupt you, you probably shouldn't be in dark greys in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think a $10 difference in dark greys would make people come out who wouldn't at $40/seat.

I think it's more complex. For example, around me I have season ticket holders who buy their dark greys every single year, but only attend maybe 75% of the games. So they are essentially throwing away money -- the cost isn't hurting them. They never come out to CCL games. I don't think it's because of money problems.

What I think matters now is the profile of the CCL needs to be increased, and TFC needs to have some success. That's probably a bigger factor than a $10 drop. Also, weeknight games are another factor lowering attendance.

Not to mention the fact that if you don't have the $240 for a pair of dark greys for three games, you can just wait until Friday and get cheaper seats in other sections for all three games, or just attend 1 game. Options exist for attending games at decent prices if you really know/like CCL and TFC.

For example, if dark grey STH's are really having trouble with the $240, they could get supporters seats for $24 for 2 people for 3 games for $144. $144 for three events for 2 people is not a lot for what is a discretionary expense. Or if you prefer to go alone, that's $72 for three events. Price shouldn't be an excuse.
    Last edited by rocker; 08-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on MLSE ever meeting my expectations of what a season ticket holder benefit is. So I'm not surprised by these prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    you know what, I understand some of the concern for the higher prices in the prawn sections... but by the same token, the people who can normally afford even higher prices for those seats can afford these lower prices. Get what I'm saying?

If you have dark greys already, you're paying something like $50+ a seat for league games. If the difference between the CCL $40 and, let's say, $30/seat is enough to bankrupt you, you probably shouldn't be in dark greys in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think a $10 difference in dark greys would make those same people come out. I think it's more complex. For example, around me I have season ticket holders who buy their dark greys every single year, but only attend maybe 75% of the games. So they are essentially throwing away money -- the cost isn't hurting them.

What I think matters now is the profile of the CCL needs to be increased, and TFC needs to have some success. That's probably a bigger factor than a $10 drop.
    I agree that an additional 10%-15% off isn't likely going to be the deciding factor for STH's in most sections of the stadium. At this point, it's not a question of affordability. I think attendance will depend entirely on the level of interest, as well as the availability of fans, considering that all the CCL matches are scheduled mid week.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 08-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that an additional 10%-15% off isn't likely going to be the deciding factor for STH's in most sections of the stadium. At this point, it's not a question of affordability. I think attendance will depend entirely on the level of interest, as well the availability of fans, considering that all the CCL matches are scheduled mid week.
    you said it more succinctly than I did...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes more sense for me to wait and buy supporters seats than to buy my season's tickets seats. And given the last crowd, I can probably walk over and take my season's tickets seats anyway. If the plan was to entice season ticket holders, they needed a cheaper price on the more expensive tickets I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I can probably help you out with that...send me a PM if interested and I will buy my seats for you. It pains me to not go but such is life right now.
    EMT'd PM'd and emailed. Thanks very much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed.
    dont mean it as a dig, its just the name ive always used for manu fans, apparently its derogatory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=rocker;1359736]you know what, I understand some of the concern for the higher prices in the prawn sections... but by the same token, the people who can normally afford even higher prices for those seats can afford these lower prices. Get what I'm saying?

If you have dark greys already, you're paying something like $50+ a seat for league games. If the difference between the CCL $40 and, let's say, $30/seat is enough to bankrupt you, you probably shouldn't be in dark greys in the first place. quote]

For me being in the Dark Grey's is a matter of Season Seat pecking order. I just got SS this year and had no choice but to go into the Dark Grey. I cannot afford them, but I know in years to come I will be able to move to cheaper areas. That does not mean that I can or want to afford those tickets for extra games.

Agreed that I could wait and buy cheaper seats when it opens to the public, but the Yellow and Light Greys are cheap enough (under $20) that I could see myself getting screwed. It is literally twice as much for me across the isle (110 $17, 109 $40).

My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the same token, I can totally understand why STH's in the Reds or Dark Greys might decide to pass and buy cheaper tickets in the after market or off scalpers.

I predict attendance of approximately 15,000 for the CCL matches at BMO Field, unless of course TFC is out contention by the 3rd match against Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the same token, I can totally understand why STH's in the Reds or Dark Greys might decide to pass and buy cheaper tickets in the after market or off scalpers.

I predict attendance of approximately 15,000 for the CCL matches at BMO Field, unless of course TFC is out contention by the 3rd match against Dallas.
    But there wasn't close to that many there for Real Esteli. So if you predict a massive increase in attendance for this round, and you don't think it has anything to do with prices, then what's your assessment on why the increase would happen?

I personally feel they could've sold out with the proper prices. Put me down as one that would have bought the tickets in dark grey if I saw another %15 discount in the price.

And by the way money isn't the problem. For me it's all about value. I'd like to tell Rocker that but he ignored me
    Last edited by Pachuco; 08-09-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    It's not really a matter of afford. The value is not there. It's barely there for the regular season games. I have red seats and in all likelihood, I will not be buying my seats for the CCL games.

As a side note, according to the Montreal seating chart, my tickets would cost me approximately half if I was an Impact supporter.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But JonO, "supply and demand" and "equivalent entertainment value in this market" and all that jazz. LOL

So don't compare to Montreal. LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    "equivalent entertainment value in this market"
    this is literally my favourite thing in the world, btw

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha... the irony is that I understand there is a premium involved in living in a city like Toronto. Just the nature of the beast - things cost more. But I think they totally fell of their rockers in terms of how much more we are paying. Still the most expensive place in the league to be a season seat holder - especially in the reds....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'll see more than 13,000 for either game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    But there wasn't close to that many there for Real Esteli. So if you predict a massive increase in attendance for this round, and you don't think it has anything to do with prices, then what's your assessment on why the increase would happen?

I personally feel they could've sold out with the proper prices. Put me down as one that would have bought the tickets in dark grey if I saw another %15 discount in the price.
    I never said it has nothing to do with prices. I always believed that a notable discount was required for STHs (compared to regular season matches) in order to boost attendance figures for the CCL, which TFC has now offered.

I know the new pricing scheme is not a substantial discount compared to the previous Real Esteli match, but overall, I think it is reasonable. I also think there will be a greater level of interest because it's the group stage, and two of the opponents in Pumas and Dallas are far more recognizable to Toronto soccer fans than Real Esteli. For these reasons, I think there will be an additional few thousand fans in attendance.

If the tickets were an additional 10%-15% less, you might be more inclined to purchase at that point in time, and there are probably others that feel the same way, but it's more likely a matter of principle than the actual difference in cost, which would amount to $3.00-$5.00 per ticket per match. If it's truly a matter of affordability, and fans still want to attend, they can certainly find alternatives in the aftermarket in other sections and still make it to the stadium on game day.

In the grand scheme of things, I just don't believe further discounts would have made a substantial difference in the attendance for these matches.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 08-09-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still feel this is over priced in some sections for these games i dont think any ticket should be over $40. Other teams probably charge less for these type of games. This would make more sense to me....id say $15 south end, $20 North End. $30 for near center field on the west stand, while $25 closer to the corners on the west stand. $30 near the corners of the lower east stand while $40 near the center field, while the 2nd tier on the east stand is $25 near the corners and $30 near the center field.
    Last edited by james; 08-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it this discount is only for 3 games, does it say anything about pricing not for the 3 pack? I'm not going to 3 regardless as there is a strong possibility the 3rd game will be meaningless.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I take it this discount is only for 3 games, does it say anything about pricing not for the 3 pack? I'm not going to 3 regardless as there is a strong possibility the 3rd game will be meaningless.
    You will have to wait until they release tickets to the public to see what prices they set.
    They'll still be lower than reg season tickets though.

As for your prediction that game 3 will be meaningless:
    I'm sure the players appreciate your vote of confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    You will have to wait until they release tickets to the public to see what prices they set.
    They'll still be lower than reg season tickets though.

As for your prediction that game 3 will be meaningless:
    I'm sure the players appreciate your vote of confidence.
    I said there was a possibility. I bought these last year and the final game was at bmo and was meaningless. It doesn't matter anyway, I can't go to 3 midweek 8 o'clock games, that's the bottom line. Why isn't this brought up as much as the cost of tickets, why not make it a 7 o'clock start?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone in 112, 113, 114, or 115 has three tickets they don't want the package for, I will gladly take them. Let me know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I said there was a possibility. I bought these last year and the final game was at bmo and was meaningless. It doesn't matter anyway, I can't go to 3 midweek 8 o'clock games, that's the bottom line. Why isn't this brought up as much as the cost of tickets, why not make it a 7 o'clock start?
    lol. because more people can't make it to 7pm start than 8!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    lol. because more people can't make it to 7pm start than 8!
    If that's the case why do the leafs and raptors play at 7 pm. The galaxy game was a midweek 7 pm start was it not? My point though was how many thousands of people won't consider coming because of the 8 pm start time?