Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    The SJ/DC game in six had at LEAST 5 Nana errors, seriously.
    So if we rewind that and compare it to our Harden / Iro shit-show in the back. push?

Or is it possible both Iro and Nana are making more mistakes than they normally would after long periods of time on the bench.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    he did score the goal against RSL in teh playoffs that brought them to the finals if im not mistaken
    Yes he did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    who cares.

this season has been over for weeks, the quicker everyone comes to grips with that the quicker you can see the upside.

this squad is finally looking like a team, and beginning to resemble the type of squad who CAN play the system Winter has put in place. work isn't over, but this project is making some serious strides.
    Yea, I can see this, too bad my season ticket prices stay the same despite the on field product. No discount or scratch and save days in this business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So if we rewind that and compare it to our Harden / Iro shit-show in the back. push?

Or is it possible both Iro and Nana are making more mistakes than they normally would after long periods of time on the bench.
    You'd have to have a spectacularly bad match to have that many errors captured in a game recap.

Harden's not a starter and has no trade worth, so comparing Attakora to him says little.

I'd like to think that they both are simply rusty, time will tell and I don't think enough has been given just yet.

At the end of the day though, the trade with San Jose is looking like absolute trade rape with every match Johnson plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As nice as some of Santos' goals were I don't think he would pass the Avi Test either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this kid could be a huge steal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Yea, I can see this, too bad my season ticket prices stay the same despite the on field product.
    If you still have season tickets after what has happened in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, you shouldn't be complaining about the on field product. You knew what you were getting into when you bought for 2011.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much. Also the end product (as of recent) is looking significantly better than it has in the past and i bet it only gets better.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea, I can see this, too bad my season ticket prices stay the same despite the on field product. No discount or scratch and save days in this business.
    If that materialized, you want prices to go up when the team starts to do well?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ppoks, ive heard you make this argument a lot on the forums, and i wholeheartedly agree. however, the more i look at it, the more i think that MLSE will start to raise prices when we're winning anyways. why not get the cheapest prices we can out of watching a team rebuild?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Shit. This did not occur to me. I suppose that means ACC season ticket holders will be taking out mortgages and selling their children by the time the leafs start winning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    If you still have season tickets after what has happened in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, you shouldn't be complaining about the on field product. You knew what you were getting into when you bought for 2011.
    That reasoning is like having sex with your future mother in law to find out what your wife will be like in 20 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That reasoning is like having sex with your future mother in law to find out what your wife will be like in 20 years.
    An educated consumer is our best customer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god that sounds so hot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the girl I'm seeing, I'd be kinda up for that just now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You say that like it's a bad thing... don't discount the importance of research.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i Dont Know What This Thread Is About Anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sex with Maicon Santos' mother in law

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not true. It's pretty easy to feel hosed. It's been maybe the most massive turnover of players in sports history, a perpetual training camp. Prices of course remained the highest in the league.

There are two outfield players left from the season end 2010 roster (4 if you count Cann and Lindsay, but you get the picture).

How you feel about that is up to you. I think they're going to pay for it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference is, however, that the turnover rate for the next season looks like it's going to remain relatively low.

Winter is building HIS team, and I doubt they'd make the same mistake as years prior and blow it up if it doesn't work immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That is not true. It's pretty easy to feel hosed. It's been maybe the most massive turnover of players in sports history, a perpetual training camp. Prices of course remained the highest in the league.

There are two outfield players left from the season end 2010 roster (4 if you count Cann and Lindsay, but you get the picture).

Agreed on all accounts. I have no doubt that renewals will stagnate next season, but that will benefit all of us in the long run.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    The difference is, however, that the turnover rate for the next season looks like it's going to remain relatively low.

Winter is building HIS team, and I doubt they'd make the same mistake as years prior and blow it up if it doesn't work immediately.
    I think the turnover will continue. Lots of the guys Winter/Mariner brought in during the first transfer window will probably also be moved out (Martina, Yourass, etc.) This team still isn't good enough to compete in MLS. Don't let matches against Portland and Real Esteli fool you.

And it wouldn't surprise me if there is an entirely new CB pairing.

It also wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the day we have nothing to show for the De Rosario trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I just find it amusing that people renew over and over and then complain when the team sucks. I have heard this *every year* since the end of the 2008 season.

I say to them "Buyer Beware." This team hasn't had much success. Buying season seats and then complaining about performance is like buying a used car you know has had major running problems in the past and then complaining when it breaks down.

Personally, I knew it was going to be a rebuilding year when Preki and Mo were fired. I still renewed my season seats. I'm not now going to complain that I'm getting ripped off because the team is performing poorly in rebuilding mode and demand a refund. I took my chances, knowing how shitty this team has been over the years and all the turmoil that's gone on. I was fully aware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I think the turnover will continue. Lots of the guys Winter/Mariner brought in during the first transfer window will probably also be moved out (Martina, Yourass, etc.) This team still isn't good enough to compete in MLS. Don't let matches against Portland and Real Esteli fool you.

And it wouldn't surprise me if there is an entirely new CB pairing.
    I think the bulk of the current roster will remain intact going into next season though, especially our key players in the starting lineup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id be amazed if we rid of Johnson, who we got for the DeRo trade and thats just one piece of it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I think the bulk of the current roster will remain intact going into next season though, especially our key players in the starting lineup.
    agreed, i dont think our team will differ much next year from what we have right now, except they will play better together

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    id be amazed if we rid of Johnson, who we got for the DeRo trade and thats just one piece of it
    No. We got Johnson in the Attakora + Peterson + Gordon trade.

Right now we essentially have Borman, Iro, Griffit and a draft pick to show for De Rosario.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just find it amusing that people renew over and over and then complain when the team sucks. I have heard this *every year* since the end of the 2008 season.

I say to them "Buyer Beware." This team hasn't had much success. Buying season seats and then complaining about performance is like buying a used car you know has had major running problems in the past and then complaining when it breaks down.

Personally, I knew it was going to be a rebuilding year when Preki and Mo were fired. I still renewed my season seats. I'm not now going to complain that I'm getting ripped off because the team is performing poorly in rebuilding mode and demand a refund. I took my chances, knowing how shitty this team has been over the years and all the turmoil that's gone on. I was fully aware.
    +1,
    this post sums it really nice
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    There is a core of 5-6 players who might be good enough to form a good MLS team. But there are a number of positions we need to improve on. Plus a number of the recent additions are projects. They won't all pan out.