Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I know...and I know he has the weight on his shoulders and I know everyone just wants him to live up to his potential...I do believe his days are numbered at TFC, but I am at least hoping he can go out with a bang......who knows, they may be able to persuade him to renegotiate for a lower non-DP deal. I doubt it, but we can dream....

And I know everyone just wants him to leave, but if he didn't have a DP tag and that salary would people be more inclined to have him stay and be a part of the team. I think that pitch fork crew might have a different tune....but maybe not as he hasn't played up to snuff for us....
    JDG had his best game of the year for us when it mattered most, and he is one of the primary reasons TFC won the NCC Final to advance to the CCL preliminary round. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations, but as you suggested, he is not going anywhere for the time being because of his contract status, and he can still help this team earn results down the stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any points on the road are big, this was a good game.

Since Winter came out and said 'he' was going to start making trades things have changed and now it seems like winning games right now has taken on a higher priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Koeverman goal made me run through the house and scream like a school girl. Nice to get that kind of feeling back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morgan with experience will be a serviceable MLS guy, but I don't see much upside beyond that. Positionally he was poor, blew several offside traps (including on the first goal), but he gets up and down the field really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Any points on the road are big, this was a good game.

Since Winter came out and said 'he' was going to start making trades things have changed and now it seems like winning games right now has taken on a higher priority.
    Agreed, and it is encouraging to note that the most of the recent acquisitions have made an immediate impact. The only disappointments have been Iro and Viator, but hopefully they will come around. If it wasn't for our cursed backline, we would actually have a very solid lineup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully we hear some news from the travelling TFC fans. Apparently the Timbers supporters were good hosts -- all I've heard so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland's supporters are the class of the league without question. What a phenomenal atmosphere last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should look into a DP left back maybe, Gabriel Heinze?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did not watch the game...how did the young kid (marosevic) look?
    i noticed he was wearing #10,was he playing a AM postion?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    1 - they aren't smokebombs, it's the piped in smoke machines just like they have at BMO. The smoke just hangs better.

2 - flags and smoke at EPL games? Really?

I really enjoyed that game last night. The one big downside is that when Portland seemed to send players right though our midfield at a good speed. Our guys just didn't seem to have near as much hustle. And let's not forget.... Frei had one hell of a game last night.

overall, it wasn't beautiful, but at least it wasn't cringe-inducing or painful to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    1. Are you sure?

2. No smoke @ EPL games but you will see them @ Champions League games involving English teams. Supporters aren't allowed to bring anything in during league matches, but are for CL games.
    I watch the game in full and replay too and
    The smoke was from the Chainsaw,no smoke piped machines or supporters smoke bombs.

and AL-MO you are wrong about CL,supporters are not allowed to bring anything for CL game no matter where they play England,Serbia,Spain.

Clubs are being heavily fined for pyro at CL games,if you see smoke or pyro at CL games it was probably taped before the game, the rule is, it has to be up to 30 minutes prior the or club will be held responsible and fined.

Best pictures from CL when Red Star was playing in Belgrade were 30-40 minutes before the game because of UEFA fines.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i did not watch the game...how did the young kid (marosevic) look?
    i noticed he was wearing #10,was he playing a AM postion?
    Did very well, scored a goal too.
    He wears #70 I believe

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    We should look into a DP left back maybe, Gabriel Heinze?
    We have already 3DPs,we can't have anymore and JDG is going nowhere.

BTW
    It was mentioned last night that TFC is looking for creative midfielder.Will see
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    That Koeverman goal made me run through the house and scream like a school girl. Nice to get that kind of feeling back.
    Me too that's 2 in 3 League games from Koevermans now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great comeback!! They tied it up and still continued to generate chances and put pressure on Portlands back line. Hope this is a sign of things to come.
    on a sidenote...Frie made some great saves but for the love of all thats good in this world please please I wish he would be a little better at PKs. I don't think I have ever seen him save one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    JDG has to go and we need to not get ahead of ourselves. This is still a very bad team with sub-MLS quality players.

But I'll take the draw and not the usual limpdick surrendering.
    Really?

Torsten Frings, Danny Koevermans, Stefan Frei, Terry Dunfield, Joao Plata etc. are all SUB MLS QUALITY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I watch the game in full and replay too and
    The smoke was from the Chainsaw,no smoke piped machines or supporters smoke bombs.

and AL-MO you are wrong about CL,supporters are not allowed to bring anything for CL game no matter where they play England,Serbia,Spain.

Clubs are being heavily fined for pyro at CL games,if you see smoke or pyro at CL games it was probably taped before the game, the rule is, it has to be up to 30 minutes prior the or club will be held responsible and fined.

Best pictures from CL when Red Star was playing in Belgrade were 30-40 minutes before the game because of UEFA fines.
    Timbers Army use real smoke, controlled by members and done on the capo platform. The are allowed two smokes per goal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    Timbers Army use real smoke, controlled by members and done on the capo platform. The are allowed two smokes per goal.
    Thanks for this info, Hey TFC FO do you read this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    It also helps when they have active and retired fire marshals as part of the TA to talk to their FO to sort out the liability and safety concerns. It's a negotiated agreement to permit smoke in match from the supporter group in their controlled sections.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can tell we've got the attack to compete now, we've got the midfield to compete now. All that is left is to produce the back line to compete and we will be able to compete in a real way. I honestly think for the first time that Winter might actually have a vision and is trying to achieve it with the support of his staff. Next year might be really exciting. CCL might get really exciting too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    From what I can tell we've got the attack to compete now, we've got the midfield to compete now. All that is left is to produce the back line to compete and we will be able to compete in a real way. I honestly think for the first time that Winter might actually have a vision and is trying to achieve it with the support of his staff. Next year might be really exciting. CCL might get really exciting too.
    I agree man...forgot we have the keeper to compete too tho

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really happy for the TFC away fans that made the trip. What a game to attend! The atmosphere and then the comeback? Now that's a memorable game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    It also helps when they have active and retired fire marshals as part of the TA to talk to their FO to sort out the liability and safety concerns. It's a negotiated agreement to permit smoke in match from the supporter group in their controlled sections.
    I suspect fire codes and liability and such is also going to be different between Toronto and Portland (and anywhere else in the US for that matter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To come back from a 2 goal deficit in that stadium showed some heart and fortitude that has been missing this year. Out of all our players, Iro was the most disappointing last night. I'll cut him a bit of slack, due to basically no playing time for quite some time. Overall, a strong result.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked at the "foul" that led to the penalty for Portland - Iro got kind of hosed there. As far as contact in the box goes, that was pretty sketchy.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see a good angle on the non-offside before the first Portland goal?

Johnson looked well offside at the point the ball was hit, but because he stopped and waited for the ball, and all the players moved back, it appeared to some he wasn't offside. But I'm sure he was offside.

It looked to me like Eckersley had him covered at first, but seeing him offside, Eckersley moved in to help his defender take on the man with the ball, leaving Johnson totally free in an offside position. But with no call on the offside, Ecks was now out of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late Game Heroics in Portland

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...s-in-portland/

My post game video blog after Saturday night's 2-2 draw in Portland that saw the Reds come back with two late goals to salvage a point.

In this edition I take a look at the good, the bad and the ugly... the good was namely Ashtone Morgan in the attack, Peri Merisovic scoring in his debut, Danny Koevermans scoring his 2nd in three games and of course the best player on the pitch for TFC two games running, young Joao Plata. The bad of course was a helping of sketchy MLS officiating, and a dose of once again poor defensive positioning. And the ugly was of course Ty Harden still on the pitch and Julian de Guzman missing the sitter of the season. I also take a quick look ahead to the critical Champions League game in Nicaragua on Tuesday evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are positives. We finally have a top class striker, Dunfield is the midfielder JDG should have been (made some good defensive challenges yesterday), and Plata is looking good (although hot and cold).

The HUGE weakness is there for all to see - our defence. If it were not for Frei, they could have put many, many past us yesterday.

This board tends to go from extremes. The point saved yesterday was a good one (how often do we come back to get something?), but let's not kid ourselves - our defence was shocking at times and against a stronger team we would have been punished.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Late Game Heroics in Portland

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...s-in-portland/

My post game video blog after Saturday night's 2-2 draw in Portland that saw the Reds come back with two late goals to salvage a point.

In this edition I take a look at the good, the bad and the ugly... the good was namely Ashtone Morgan in the attack, Peri Merisovic scoring in his debut, Danny Koevermans scoring his 2nd in three games and of course the best player on the pitch for TFC two games running, young Joao Plata. The bad of course was a helping of sketchy MLS officiating, and a dose of once again poor defensive positioning. And the ugly was of course Ty Harden still on the pitch and Julian de Guzman missing the sitter of the season. I also take a quick look ahead to the critical Champions League game in Nicaragua on Tuesday evening.
    HEY! That's my shtick at RedNationOnline!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    i gotta say Dunfield made such a great first impression. Solid guy, knows where to pass.

How the hell Soehn let him go for a sack of potatoes I will never understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll never understand why we start Harden..