Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice when the post game thread doesn't have the word "rant" in the title... Entertaing game with lots of positives to carry over to Wednesday.. Nice seeing Koev score and more so Marosevic.. Eat it Dallas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes, JDG must go!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good thing, the refereeing was as horrible as they are going to get in Central America. This match is good experience. If they can get a tie there despite one-sided calls, TFC will be on to the next round!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCDP View Post
    It's nice when the post game thread doesn't have the word "rant" in the title... Entertaing game with lots of positives to carry over to Wednesday.. Nice seeing Koev score and more so Marosevic.. Eat it Dallas!
    I think game is Tuesday 10pm,no?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Just assumed Wednesday.. You're probably right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching again, I have to vote for Frei as MotM. He saved our bacon too many times....again.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    After watching again, I have to vote for Frei as MotM. He saved our bacon too many times....again.

i agree, made some great saves at key times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While a point on the road is better than none, it came against a team who is arguably as-bad-or-worse than TFC.

It will only mean something if they don't revert to type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    I'm not going to be so harsh on JDG, but you can't help but feel that we could have another great DP with all the connections that our management has.

The question is, if we were to get a DP, what position would he fill? Would we really want a CB DP? Or should we go out and get a world-class winger, Creative AM?
    i would rather us have 2 really solid mls CBs i think with the price of jdg ..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    His saves were amazing but we hit the woodwork and fluked out in the box almost as much.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings is the key that turns the engine of this team. He brings everyone's play up and allows good players to to raise their play (JDG, Koevermans).

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting comments on GolTV to start the game. That TFC is not done dealing and looking for help in the midfield.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Post game thoughts.

While I like Johnson and Plata, Soolsma is too often hit or miss and Ive got little time for Martina.
    I like Martina's ability to create space in 1 v 1 situations and ultimately earn an opportunity to cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings is starting to show what an important acquisition he is. He is a steadying influence in the midfield, a hard worker and excellent tackler. He also has very good vision and puts through some great balls. I was impressed by Dunfield, Plata, Frei and Ecks. Still feel that Iro can be a liability.
    We have a lot of room for improvement, but I was entertained last night, and feel that we are finally heading in the right direction. When the transfer window opened up we were able to start moulding the team that Winter/Mariner envision.
    Good effort last night too, the team worked hard, and did not give up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    1 - they aren't smokebombs, it's the piped in smoke machines just like they have at BMO. The smoke just hangs better.

2 - flags and smoke at EPL games? Really?
    1. Are you sure?

2. No smoke @ EPL games but you will see them @ Champions League games involving English teams. Supporters aren't allowed to bring anything in during league matches, but are for CL games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called 2-2 before the game and that JDG should go. Let's hope instead of getting 1/2, I get 2/2 by then end of this week

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Didn't stay up for the come-back, but pleased with the final result this morning.
    Same. Very pleased.

I would have liked to, but had a mean case of The Itis, after having some Chinese hot pot with some work friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Another good thing, the refereeing was as horrible as they are going to get in Central America. This match is good experience. If they can get a tie there despite one-sided calls, TFC will be on to the next round!
    yeah it was terrible reffing and at one point i realized i wasnt disappointed or surprised with it. I had definitely given up, its amazing and great to see the team didnt give up. We can definitely expect more of this in Nicaragua.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Interesting comments on GolTV to start the game. That TFC is not done dealing and looking for help in the midfield.
    yep, apparently looking for an attacking creative mid, curious to see who goes and who comes in

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as the hate on is for JDG...and deservedly so........unless you can find some team to eat up that contract....HE IS GOING NOWHERE. We will just have to deal with it until TFC can either buy him out and get him off the books or his contract expires.

As much as no one wants to see him touch the pitch again. I am hoping that once he regains fitness after his knee swelling that he will help the squad in league and champions league play......

He gave the ball away a bunch last night, but by no means was he the only one doing it. I understand everyone has him under a microscope because of his DP tag and salary(which is warranted), but sometimes it seems like people just love to rant. of the 6 shots and one on net in the first half, JDG had 4 of them and the only shot that hit the net.....Not sure why he was the only one really getting involved in the offence in the first half.....that to me is more of an issue than ragging on his play. If he is the catalyst of the attack for the first half, TFC has a lot more work to do.....I love Frings and know he is the man, but he had some open looks on goal last night and didn't pull the trigger. No one ragging on him? JDG had looks and missed the net on most, but he really was the only one attempting shots in the first half......but people don't seem to care about that?

Again, I am a fan of JDG, so take it for what it is worth....and yes I know he has played like garbage since joining TFC....so you don't have to inform me of that. I am well aware.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we please try Iro with Robinson instead of Harden. Eck covers for Harden, that left Johnson open for the first goal.

Iro made a clumsy challenge that costs a PK, still raw, but getting more comfortable. Everyone looks horrible with Harden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kovermans for a slow guy, definitely knows how to make space for a shot. A few times I was like no way, he can get around these guys and shoot.....then boom he hits it on target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought JDG was decent last night, other than his poorly weighted back pass to Frei. Dunfield did look better in his place though, in terms of distribution and defensive tenacity. Dunfield hustled back to make a beautiful sliding tackle to block a shot in the box in the dying minutes to preserve the draw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Can we please try Iro with Robinson instead of Harden. Eck covers for Harden, that left Johnson open for the first goal.

Iro made a clumsy challenge that costs a PK, still raw, but getting more comfortable. Everyone looks horrible with Harden.
    I still blame Ecks for that first one........he left his man to double team the ball carrier leaving Johnson wide open.....but I would like to see Harden take a rest as well....the broadcasters seemed to say late that it seemed like he took a knock....so maybe he is out.... for good.
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not allowing myself to get too excited yet, but having said that, I don't think it really matters what quality of opposition Portland is. That's missing the point. The point is, when have we ever showed the heart and grit to come back and get a point on the road after being in a two-goal deficit, instead of just surrendering like we normally do? I don't care if it was against an expansion team, I'll take it. Very encouraged by the result, although like I said, not getting too excited just yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I also thought JDG was decent last night, other than his poorly weighted back pass to Frei. Dunfield did look better in his place though, in terms of distribution and defensive tenacity. Dunfield hustled back to make a beautiful sliding tackle to block a shot in the box in the dying minutes to preserve the draw.
    I agree that Dunfield did look fantastic in his debut and I love Dunfield as well......but to play devil's advocate.....

JDG is still getting back into the swing of things after his latest injury stint and according to the broadcasters was only going to play 60 minutes before getting subbed.....so who knows if JDG was completely match fit if Winter would have brought in Dunfield at all? I am curious about that...I really do wonder if we would have maybe seen Dunfield inserted with Frings and JDG. I think that this will be the eventual midfield(FRINGS, JDG, DUNFIELD)

The fact that JDG seems to be on a scheduled timetable for regaining match form helped us out last night for the most part......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^against L.A earlier this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I agree that Dunfield did look fantastic in his debut and I love Dunfield as well......but to play devil's advocate.....

JDG is still getting back into the swing of things after his latest injury stint and according to the broadcasters was only going to play 60 minutes before getting subbed.....so who knows if JDG was completely match fit if Winter would have brought in Dunfield at all? I am curious about that...I really do wonder if we would have maybe seen Dunfield inserted with Frings and JDG. I think that this will be the eventual midfield(FRINGS, JDG, DUNFIELD)

The fact that JDG seems to be on a scheduled timetable for regaining match form helped us out last night for the most part......
    Don't get me wrong, I like JDG, and I know he has a lot more to give. I think he will play his best football yet for TFC in the next several weeks alongside Frings and Dunfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    ^against L.A earlier this year
    True, but that was a one goal deficit. I can't recall if TFC has ever rallied from a 2 goal deficit on the road prior to last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like JDG, and I know he has a lot more to give. I think he will play his best football yet for TFC in the next several weeks alongside Frings and Dunfield.
    I know...and I know he has the weight on his shoulders and I know everyone just wants him to live up to his potential...I do believe his days are numbered at TFC, but I am at least hoping he can go out with a bang......who knows, they may be able to persuade him to renegotiate for a lower non-DP deal. I doubt it, but we can dream....

And I know everyone just wants him to leave, but if he didn't have a DP tag and that salary would people be more inclined to have him stay and be a part of the team. I think that pitch fork crew might have a different tune....but maybe not as he hasn't played up to snuff for us....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that expansion team is 3 points ahead of us in the standings with 4 games in hand with a record of 5-4-2 at home (better then ours) so this comeback does say a lot to me.. for them being an expansion team they still have been better then us this year..