View Poll Results: Would you want Carlos Ruiz on TFC?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 4.65%
  • No

92 71.32%
  • Bring back Andy Welsh

31 24.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.. look at the guys on that bench as Ruiz sits down.... blast from the past!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Ruiz actually highlights an alarming trend from our former management.
    He came in, an MLS goalscorer, no doubt.
    Our staff didn't find a use for him and in turn he was never really given a shot.
    Much like Mista after him.

Did it bother anyone the way both these players left? Mista was doing well-ish, and suddenly he was benched permanently, amidst rumors that he wanted to go back to Spain after spending a few weeks in Toronto. He fought with Preki at an away game and was shipped out a month later.

Yet we as fans have negative views of both Ruiz and Mista. Both are high-quality players who were mismanaged and/or mistreated.
    LOL Mista had like 4 goals in the 3 previous years b4 joining tfc

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just that some players don't even get the chance to show what they can do.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was all about the coaching situation here in Toronto for Mista.

Lets hope the current guys can rectify this, we are seeing a turn around in the attacking half of the pitch now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a case of the former regime having no plan for how players would fit in. When you're changing coaches every year it's hard to have any plan. Mo Jo had enough sense of talent to bring certain players in who would later succeed in better systems. But in the end his signings did not reflect a clear vision (in tune with the coach) for the team.

And then some players got lots of chances to show what they could do and failed miserably, partly because the talent evaluation failed, partly because there was no plan in place. It was a team of individuals. At times, it worked, such as when Dichio and O'Brien were leading the team. But then when guys got hurt, it all fell apart.

I got a sense with the revolving door of players over the years that Mo Jo thought "talent" alone would win the day. Ruiz, for example, was clearly a talented player and has proven with Philly that point since then. We know of other players who have left to succeed elsewhere. But in the end without a plan, and when his talent evaluation failed on some guys, what was left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A month ago I would have said yes but I think our offensive woes are close to being solved.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruiz was horrible, for TFC and many other sides. Its a case of an its him, not the team situation.

I fail to see any logic behind why people would want him playing for their side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an email from Sportsnet I've pasted below. Is this Ruiz on his way back ( I hope not) or is it something else? Does anyone have further info? "More Moves For TFC? Sources have told Sportsnet Radio THE FAN 590's Dan Dunleavy that another new acquisition by Toronto F.C is waiting league approval and could be official as early as Monday morning."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please bring him back!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    I just got an email from Sportsnet I've pasted below. Is this Ruiz on his way back ( I hope not) or is it something else? Does anyone have further info? "More Moves For TFC? Sources have told Sportsnet Radio THE FAN 590's Dan Dunleavy that another new acquisition by Toronto F.C is waiting league approval and could be official as early as Monday morning."
    Personally i'm more excited for certain player(s) being moved out. Then ones being moved it. You know who you are, Julian De Guzman.

Can't see how you can get excited with Carlos Ruiz coming back to TFC, if he is (rumors keep on coming) however like what others have been saying. Its a matter if he wants to play well, not the team he's with. We don't need selfish players/dressing room cancer if you ask me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please bring him back!!!!!
    More sarcasm icons please.

Either that or change your av to Ruiz.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/6199...-rapids/report

Nowak did not announce what team Ruiz is joining, but rumors have already suggested a return to Puebla FC for the 31-year-old.

However, the most bizarre part was the coach's reasoning for letting Ruiz leave. Nowak seemed to blame the fans, not sporting interests, as the motivation.

“A lot of fans even in the stands have a pre-bias toward Carlos and make bad comments about him being a diver, being that, being that, not working hard, all these little things, and it was getting tired to us,” Nowak said. “I always believed fans in the stands will stand behind us and are going to cheer for us and all the players we have on the roster, and not having something against a single player. As I said, it’s an unfortunate thing.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    More sarcasm icons please.

Either that or change your av to Ruiz.
    I genuinly want him back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks on Ruiz. Possibly the only player we could get that would be worse than signing Whoregreaeves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had Ruiz on my TFC's worst eleven in a thread about a week ago. He was up top beside Andrea Lombardo. So no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Novak listens the fan opinion when deciding on keeping or trading a player? you gotta be kiddin' me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit I wasn't following things as closely as I should, what exactly happened in Philly to cause this rupture? I thought Ruiz was doing well and was liking it in Phil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    So Novak listens the fan opinion when deciding on keeping or trading a player? you gotta be kiddin' me!
    If TFC management listened to the fans about keeping or trading players - we'd be well over 200 players by now. One game a player is a goat, the next game the player is a hero for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Personally i'm more excited for certain player(s) being moved out. Then ones being moved it. You know who you are, Julian De Guzman.

Can't see how you can get excited with Carlos Ruiz coming back to TFC, if he is (rumors keep on coming) however like what others have been saying. Its a matter if he wants to play well, not the team he's with. We don't need selfish players/dressing room cancer if you ask me.
    From what I've read, he is going to a second division side in Mexico.

You're right, we certainly do not need any more problem players in the TFC dressing room. This fresh start with so many new bodies and so much new quality is probably making for a happy room.

Edit: Here it is. He's going to Veracruz. http://www.brotherlygame.com/2011/7/...rumor-transfer
    Last edited by Blizzard; 08-01-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    No, it's Ruiz being unhappy at the way he feels he is being treated by the fans so he wants to leave ... or at least that is the impression I've been getting via other sites etc etc etc.

Novak is sympathizing with him as he feels bad about losing one of his offensive threats but this is Ruiz's move, not Novak's.

Some insight might be gained in this thread. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...700214&page=12

There is some talk of racist epitath's being thrown at Ruiz from the Philly supporters. Who knows. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but something convinced Ruiz to get out of Philly.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 08-01-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^the latest in the BS thread quoted him on ESPN Deportes saying that it was simply a better offer from team in Mexico, not related to any negative issues.

Glad of that and even more glad he's not ending up back in TO.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't read thorugh the thread, an ma very very drunk so all I'll say is...Good god no!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    No, it's Ruiz being unhappy at the way he feels he is being treated by the fans so he wants to leave ... or at least that is the impression I've been getting via other sites etc etc etc.

Novak is sympathizing with him as he feels bad about losing one of his offensive threats but this is Ruiz's move, not Novak's.

Some insight might be gained in this thread. http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...700214&page=12

There is some talk of racist epitath's being thrown at Ruiz from the Philly supporters. Who knows. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't but something convinced Ruiz to get out of Philly.
    Epithets. Epitaphs are what they throw after him now that he's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Epithets. Epitaphs are what they throw after him now that he's gone.
    Ooops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exactly would he fit in our system, he is not a Target Man CF, nor a speedy WF/SS type, nor realy a CAM?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruiz would play similar to santos with less diving. And he got sold to veracruz in mexican second div
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano