Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Monday,July.25

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurry up Wednesday.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bring in the christmas tree formation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

defeats the purpose of training all the academy kids to play that system in and out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ people who think the 4-3-3 is going anywhere before the end of Winter's contract. Not happening. Get used to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not actually playing the 4-3-3. He's playing the same 4-2-3-1 that 87% of Europe is using.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    defeats the purpose of training all the academy kids to play that system in and out
    That's the thing. Winter is here for three years (if not less). Then what? Another dutch coach?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    That's the thing. Winter is here for three years (if not less). Then what? Another dutch coach?
    Yep. Or someone else who knows that style. Consistent style is what the Klinsmann plan is all about.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theyll find another coach (not necessarily dutch) that plays a similar style like Barca has

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO,they will look for the coach who has similar style of play,and kids in academy are playing and practicing 4-3-3 and the first team plays whatever the coach wants it,new coach will not have any authority how TFCA is working,that's the way most academies are being run.
    This is the only way to have continuity,otherwise every time new coach comes academy has to change too, kids will never learn anything,no way.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From that 4-3-3 article...

Although Richard Eckersley continues to play out of his more comfortable right back spot, the Englishman was out of position when Omar Bravo exploited the space he vacated for Sporting’s third goal.

How is it that Bravo sprinted 40 metres unmarked between Andy Iro and Eckersley before burying his team’s fourth?
    All it takes is watching one replay Mr Writer guy. Ecks was marking his man, Iro's man (Bravo) took off towards the goal while he continued to jog, Eck's left his man to try and catch this guy. That would be why he turned around livid cussing in Iro's direction.

Eck's supposed to mark two guys at once?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been Toronto Sun free for many months now and loving it. Voting with my clicks (or lack thereof) against this garbage of a newspaper.

ryan is right, It's absolutely not Eck's fault as it wasn't his man to cover in the first place.

And this 4-3-3 bashing ... we'l see we'll see
    Last edited by nickio; 07-25-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This reminds me a lot about golf.

Walk with me.

People who want to get better at golf, often drop a few bucks on some lessons.

But true swing changes take time and unfortunately, as you are making these changes, your game suffers.

A player that used to shoot in the 70's is now firing rounds in the high 80s or 90s.

Many give up. Go back to the old swing in an effort to get their scores down immediately.

It looks like progress as their scores might dip below 80 again. But at the end, they are right back to where they started. Unable to break 70 or whatever target/goal that sent them to lessons in the first place.

The player that has a breakthrough is the player that sticks with the swing change and practices it rigorously. S/he focuses on the long term goal and has to stay unattached to the short term results.

At the end of the day, it's ok to stay with what works. It gets you some decent results. You will never dominate the game, win trophies or any of that but you'll play well at times, poorer at others.

But if you want to be truly great, you've got to step out of your comfort zone and make changes. Changes will hurt over the short term. The long term payoff is much greater than what you can ever achieve with the status quo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    From that 4-3-3 article...

All it takes is watching one replay Mr Writer guy. Ecks was marking his man, Iro's man (Bravo) took off towards the goal while he continued to jog, Eck's left his man to try and catch this guy. That would be why he turned around livid cussing in Iro's direction.

Eck's supposed to mark two guys at once?
    He shouldn't have had to be marking. Santos is moving the ball upfield and, rather than move the ball after beating the first man, he tries to be Superman and work through two other players. He had an option to his right but didn't use it and then got caught.

It should have been a loose marking at best, and Iro started moving upfield too soon.

I wondered who was going to blow a gasket first, Ecks or Frei. And Winter wasn't far behind with the substitution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

LMAO.

Andy Iro of TFC heads the ball away from a couple of Sporting KC defenders on Saturday night. (Getty Images)
    Andy Iro is #3. Thats Doneil Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This reminds me a lot about golf.

Walk with me.

I like this. But here's where it's really like golf - everyone who plays golf believes that if they could just play more often they'd be better.

Partly I think it's because almost everyone who plays golf sometimes has a few really good shots; a great drive, a fantastic approach, some really good putts. And every golfer believes if they could just get out and play every day then they'd be more consistent, they'd have entire rounds of those good shots.

But the truth is, almost all of us could play every day and practise with the top golf coaches in the world and do everything they say and we'd just never get past the hump from okay golfer to consistently really good golfer.

So yeah, sometimes the one step back two steps forward can really work but to get to the top of a sport - like an art - is far more than technical. That technical ability can only take you so far, especially when all your opposition has access to it as well.

This is why bad teams go for defensive play and grinding out wins as the first step to getting better .

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    LMAO.

Did Nigel Reed write that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, the 4-3-3 is here to stay. Fine.

Any reason why it can't be implemented slowly as opposed to making the player go through a crash course?

And the really big answer, what proof is there that the 4-3-3 will even be effective in MLS? Why this dedication to the 4-3-3 unless there is proof that THIS is they key to unlocking marvelous glories in MLS that no other team has figured out yet?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do you prove something will be successful in the future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought people might be interested in this. Interview with Heiko Oldoerp of the German Press who was covering Frings first game with TFC. Some good insight.

INSIDE THE MLS: HEIKO OLDOERP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    He shouldn't have had to be marking. Santos is moving the ball upfield and, rather than move the ball after beating the first man, he tries to be Superman and work through two other players. He had an option to his right but didn't use it and then got caught.

It should have been a loose marking at best, and Iro started moving upfield too soon.

I wondered who was going to blow a gasket first, Ecks or Frei. And Winter wasn't far behind with the substitution.
    Well that's a whole other part to it, yeah. But Iro could have kept with Bravo, he just chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    LMAO.

Also, why would our defender be heading upfield away from SKC's defenders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I have no problem with the 4-3-3 whatsoever. In fact, even when Winter leaves someday (whether that be next year or ten down the road) I hope TFC sticks to what they started here.

The issue is the way we try to play the formation. Not the formation itself.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactical analysis of the tfc v skc game

from the folks at keeping a clean sheet

it seems that it is not their strategy (variations of the 4-3-3) that is failing them, but the players who are trying to implement it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    How do you prove something will be successful in the future?
    My question clearly asks what proof is there that it can be effective. That in itself is a request for past evidence, not future. We only have the past to give us guidance on the future.

If not, then any evidence whatsoever that this is the ideal route to go. We've been asked to place our faith in this. Based on what exactly?

Isn't it prudent to ask these questions? Or is this another case of shut up and just cheer?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

You have Soolsma and Santos playing in your XI but they weren't on the pitch at the same time were they? And Santos was playing the OW not on the front 3. Hence the defensive miscues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC's goals were all crap. Santos missed a clearance on the first - instead of playing the post like he was supposed to, he crept up and didn't have enough time to respond to clear it. Poor mistake. The second Zavarise's marking was awful. And on we go...It's really frustrating to see 25 minutes of solid play done in in 8 minutes with really bad defensive mistakes.

That said, I think at the very least we should alter the 4-3-3 for road games. We're getting eaten up at the back, and way too often opposing midfields have the space to run at our defense, which isn't it good in the best of times, but it's pretty hard for any D to respond when the oppostion has so much space. Maybe even put in a 4-5-1 with the outside midfielders place defense first. That's not too far off the the 4-3-3 they play now. It's more of a tactical difference.

But at the end of the day we can't have guys like Santos and Zavarise making huge mistakes leading to goals. Santos should not go in again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto are favorites for Wednesday's game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Oh what's that? It's not Winter's tactics? But I keep hearing that over and over again...

Our defense from game 1 until now has been horrible, with a couple bright spots, but there are holes all over the place. Once we can plug those holes, we will see some wins under this Dutch regime. Harden, Borman, and our CB injuries have been our bane this season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about we give Winter and his system a chance before we start calling for it to end. If this can make any sense at all, We look better technically than we EVER have IMO, even though the results aren't there to prove it.

Hell watching the SKC game Saturday I kept thinking "Holy shit, it's nice to see player actually at the end of the crosses!"

I'm willing to give him 3 years. I see the improvement in the squad already. I'm still on the fence about Koevermans, but I think Frings, by attitude and work ethic alone, will do more good for this team than anyone else has in the short and pathetic history of my beloved club.