Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    Actually the guy probably is farthest away from being an ass as possible. I can understand where the guy is coming from. He is taking his daughter out to a game and throwing an object at a player is not something that would even cross his mind. I have a 5 year old daughter and the first thing I ever learned was when you give a preschooler a drink, a lid is always required because the drink usually ends up on them or you .

When I took my daughter to a few games last year I just brought a sippy cup and put her drink in there. I never had a problem with security over it. I just had to show them it was empty before being allowed to bring it in.

Sure he may not know about the past problems in Europe, but that just makes him ignorant of footie history, not an asshole.
    Ya, an asshole was taking it too far, ignorant, or just rude is better, since hes giving tfc a bad rep, and making it out to be worse then it actually is, he should try taking his daughter to a game in another country, like serbia, croatia, or poland, i doubt he would be complaining about bmo rules after that. We have it pretty good at BMO.

MUFC_Niagara

most stadiums in england prohibit alcohol in the stands or the stadium in some places....not to mention that people have been complaining about the atmosphere in the premiership the last couple years....so this guy will fit right in with the whining and the golf clapping...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know for sure the Molineux (Wolverhampton) doesn't serve alcohol nor a decent pork pie.... You have to wander across the road to the "Goal Post" pub for some bbq chicken and a pint of Banks's from a west indian fellow. Yummy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nancymiranda View Post
    you know what... most stadiums keep the cap..... instead of whining up, down and backwards..... bring a cap from home and stick it in your pant pocket!
    I found the majority of bottles are the same size - so the caps from other bottles should work.

thats what i do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Yeah I know for sure the Molineux (Wolverhampton) doesn't serve alcohol nor a decent pork pie.... You have to wander across the road to the "Goal Post" pub for some bbq chicken and a pint of Banks's from a west indian fellow. Yummy!
    Thats why you need a balance, premier league has sooo many rules now, best football in the world, but not the best atmosphere. On the other hand, fans from countries like poland and serbia, take it too far most of the time, and they dont have high average attendance so its a bit like NYRB games. I think the league that has the best fans,that don't take their support over the top, is france, aslong as you're not with PSG fans. They have great atmospheres, but dont take it too far.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Cmon Cash, What isa the fucking point?

Did the writer bitch about anything to do with the team? management, the players, the game in general or the typical behaviour of fans?

no, he illustrated a major flaw in BMO policy, which is to force parents to buy water for their kids at disgustingly inflated prices, he's not buying the projectile argument (which he should) and he believes that this an 'excuse.'

If throwing bottles was not a concern, do you think they'd allow us to bring our own unopened water bottles in?

You're input may as well be unpaid damage control for MLSE.
    I'm pointing out the errors in his argument. Read my response and you'll note that I point out two things. Firstly, the bottles aren't allowed caps not because you can throw the cap, but because it prevents the whole bottle with liquid from being thrown. Secondly, several venues in the UK have the same policy towards bottle caps.

When people are wrong, a correction should be made. Simple as that.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hence, I had to buy her water (it was 26C)..."

Yeah, 'cause in 26 degree heat, you'll dry out faster than a post-menopausal woman in the fucking Sahara.

That's 4 degrees above room temperature, for those keeping track. Hardly a scorched earth scenario here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we were allowed to bring bottles of water to TFC games??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamplater35 View Post
    Ya, an asshole was taking it too far, ignorant, or just rude is better, since hes giving tfc a bad rep, and making it out to be worse then it actually is, he should try taking his daughter to a game in another country, like serbia, croatia, or poland, i doubt he would be complaining about bmo rules after that. We have it pretty good at BMO.
    Some people just react badly to not being able to do whatever they want to do.

Most will accept it. Others like this fellow go out to make it a cause celebre.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torcida_Toronto View Post
    I've had mine confiscated. I've tried sealed bottles, and even empty ones without caps (to fill up at the water fountain).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sympathize with this gentleman. He is just trying to have a fun day with his kid and external forces make it difficult. But then again the list of prohibited items is posted all over the place in reference to attending games and placing a bottle cap in ones pocket will solve this little problem.

Still... it is how the issue is dealt with that can cause the problem...
    I took my 12 year old daughter to a local baseball game many years ago. She was wearing one of those little purses with a zippered type strap so it could be worn like a backpack. The security guard insisted on searching it even though it was about 6 inches in length and obviously would not hold much in way of "contraband" food or drinks which they obviously wanted you buying at the stadium.
    My daughter was not impressed with some goof pawing thru her belongings and asked why other women were entering the stadium and not having their handheld or over the shoulder purses searched. We never got an answer to that one.
    My daughter never again attended a ball game with or without me.

It was this kind of narrow thinking that killed that franchise here in Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, you're allowed to bring an empty bottle (no cap) and fill it up at a fountain or concession stand for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prohibited Items

For the safety and security of our fans, the following are not permitted inside BMO Field:

• Outside Food & Beverage of any kind
    Source: http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/st...hibited_items/

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken my seven year old son with me to just about every home game, this season and last, and the routine at the concession stand is the same every single time. I order him a bottle of orange juice, they bring it out, removing the cap, I ask them if they could pour it into one of their PAPER CUPS, so I can slap a LID on and poke a STRAW in it and not splill it as we walk back to our seats, they say "Of course -- no problem." and give me exactly that.

Then of course, we swing by the Carlsberg draft taps and...well, you know how that all ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    You give your seven-year-old son beer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get why he's making out UK stadia governance is much better than at BMO. I assure you it is most certainly not and any bottles aren't allowed in the stadium. I happen to think it's pretty much common sense; bottles can injure whereas streamers can't really do that - they just put the kick taker off a bit.

He should go in the away end at Celtic Park and see how they deal with away fans. His letter would become a novel.
    Last edited by Denis; 07-11-2008 at 04:55 AM.