Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not getting a cap with your bottle of water is Letter of the Day?

Wow.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, there're not the same size-even the pop and juice at BMO don't have the same size cap. But I do try to remember to stick a cap in my pocket, because anything that can spill will spill.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post

Wow.

Yes, and the Beans on Toast thread is on page 5...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottles can be thrown just as far without a cap on them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sour grapes from that guy...bloody hell they didn't have the lids for the collector coca cola cups i want to portest!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nancymiranda View Post
    you know what... most stadiums keep the cap..... instead of whining up, down and backwards..... bring a cap from home and stick it in your pant pocket!
    I found the majority of bottles are the same size - so the caps from other bottles should work.
    That is thinking ahead and that is why I bring a cap with me to the games. However at the Vancouver game BMO outsmarted me. Usually I buy a bottle of lemonade. They used to sell Minute Maid with a small neck, but when I bought a lemonade on Canada Day they gave me a Del Monte with a large neck. Foiled again!

BTW this was my first day in 112 and I did see a bottle of water thrown onto the field from a couple of rows in front of me. I couldn't tell if it had a cap or not but either way it would have hurt. Fortunately the idiot throwing it had lousy aim and it landed just outside the touch line in front of 111.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhhhhh Mufffffin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm completely confused because I was under the impression streamers are not "banned" as they can still be thrown during the anthems.

To say nothing of the fact it wasn't a regular MLS league game anyway (so what regs apply?!)

Parents should just take some responsibility for themselves and do a bit of research before going to something like this. I notice he knew "something" about streamers, why was he not aware of "no outside food or drink" policy that applies EVERYWHERE ON THE PLANET?

I swear if they give this asshole free tix...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie79 View Post
    I swear if they give this asshole free tix...
    we find out where he sits, and WHO ARE YA? him all game long
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

LOL! Love this! FUCK YOU CLOUD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a tool. Apparently crepe paper causes more injuries than bottle caps and other hard projectiles. I better duck the next time I'm near a parade route.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post

Wow.
    Yeah, I'm reading this and thinking, "It's great to live in a city that has so few issues that the 'letter of the day' is about bottle caps".

Kinda sums up the Sun and it's readers…keep up the good work…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is I swear this guy was going in right behind me (I would be the guy with the bag o'streamers lol) but saw him and his little girl getting roused about the water. Really just sounds like the guy is bummed he is a crappy dad and wants to blame someone else for it. Try doing some research about an event before you bring your six year old... or buy more water
    ...and some streamers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously! People bitch about the dumbest things! I had a serious conversation with my buddy that just came back from Afghanistan on the topic of how we complain about the most mundane of things here in Canada. People in this World are dying from starvation, are being oppressed, pillaged, raped, attacked by suicide bombers and this guy is bitching about f***ing BOTTLE CAPS!

For the love of God!!! Get a life, buy your kid another bottle of water or go to the water fountain if you're too damn cheap to pay for another over-priced water!
    Last edited by TicTacTabarnack; 07-07-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nancymiranda View Post
    you know what... most stadiums keep the cap..... instead of whining up, down and backwards..... bring a cap from home and stick it in your pant pocket!
    I found the majority of bottles are the same size - so the caps from other bottles should work.
    I do this for every game... I stop on my way down to the stadium, buy a bottle of Dasani (shudder) and just take my cap in with me. I buy my water in the stadium and pop the lid on. Simple!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    LOL! Love this! FUCK YOU CLOUD!
    I think this one's pretty good too...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ ahahahahah you weasel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to watch the bigger picture go sailing over everyone's heads.....

IT's the first time I remember a TFC missive being letter of the day, and they -- of course -- pick one that is both negative, and stupid; meanwhile, every week the paper ignores plenty of letters about tfc altogether. Says a lot about the "official" paper of the team, which still doesn't even have a soccer section on its sports web page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nice to watch the bigger picture go sailing over everyone's heads.....

IT's the first time I remember a TFC missive being letter of the day, and they -- of course -- pick one that is both negative, and stupid; meanwhile, every week the paper ignores plenty of letters about tfc altogether. Says a lot about the "official" paper of the team, which still doesn't even have a soccer section on its sports web page.

What can I say, I like Photoshop

I see what you're saying, but really I think that the thread show exactly what everyone thinks of the Sun (barring Page 3) as a journalistic medium. This is a newspaper that prioritizes their covers using the Maple Leafs Home and Away Schedule; I saw Tragedy in Tibet on the Star, the (ack) Post and the Globe, but the SUN was a big picture of Tucker getting his ass handed to him and a hedaline similar to LEAFS LOSE!

The SUN is not going to get any of its major readers to all of a sudden become football fans if it adds a Soccer Section.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sun is a rag for selling cars. that's it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the guy comes off sounding like a real whiner, but I for one am pleased to see MLSE finally get some bad press about their water policy.

It's complete BS that you are not permitted to bring water into the stadium in blazing afternoon sun during the dead of summer. Worst of all, Paul assured me in one of the off-season ask mlsintoronto threads that the rule would be changed to allow us to bring water into the stadium on hot days, yet nothing has changed.

The cap causes a projectile argument is complete BS. If you want to be an asshole and throw something that could do some damage just ball up the the change in your pocket. That would do alot more damage that a plastic bottle of water, cap or no cap.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writing a response to the Sun right now. I suggest others do the same and put this guy in his place.

Re: Unsportsmanline Conduct (Alex Crichton, Sat. July 5, 2008)

While Mr. Crichton is certainly entitled to his opinion about the Toronto soccer fans and overall atmosphere at BMO Field, he is incorrect about a few items. Firstly, water or soda bottles are not allowed to be capped and are sold without them not because the cap itself can be thrown onto the pitch, but rather so the entire bottle won't be filled up and thrown with a liquid inside.

Despite what Eric believes, I've yet to see a person injured by a piece of harmless coloured paper thrown onto the pitch, but surely the same could not be said for a 750 ml bottle filled with water and capped.

Furthermore, I've been to several EPL and SPL matches in my life, and many clubs in the UK have the same no-cap policy towards bottles.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 07-08-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I agree, but the point is it's still throwing something on to the field....anyway, I'm not here to go back and forth on what type of projectile would hurt more when hit by it, just saying he has a point.

Cheers,
    Dom.
    His point is on the top of his head. The rest of his complaint is completely utterly totally mindless bitching. The arsepirate is unhappy about his $3.75. Stay home, wad. The water there is cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, and there's NO such concern for security in England. What a D-bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Writing a response to the Sun right now. I suggest others do the same and put this guy in his place.
    Not worth it. Sounds like he won’t be back anytime soon which is exactly what we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Cmon Cash, What isa the fucking point?

Did the writer bitch about anything to do with the team? management, the players, the game in general or the typical behaviour of fans?

no, he illustrated a major flaw in BMO policy, which is to force parents to buy water for their kids at disgustingly inflated prices, he's not buying the projectile argument (which he should) and he believes that this an 'excuse.'

If throwing bottles was not a concern, do you think they'd allow us to bring our own unopened water bottles in?

You're input may as well be unpaid damage control for MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny part is I brought my water bottle WITH the cap in that day. Security said nothing at all. At the Pachuca game however, security made me remove it. I usually keep a second cap in my pocket so.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what an asshole, does this guy know that people used to kill eachother in england over football, does he know that in england you cant drink anything at your seat? Obviously this guy doesnt know much about footy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a water off one of the walking vendors he left the cap on it for me because I was struggling with two large beers already. Nice chap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamplater35 View Post
    what an asshole, does this guy know that people used to kill eachother in england over football, does he know that in england you cant drink anything at your seat? Obviously this guy doesnt know much about footy.
    Actually the guy probably is farthest away from being an ass as possible. I can understand where the guy is coming from. He is taking his daughter out to a game and throwing an object at a player is not something that would even cross his mind. I have a 5 year old daughter and the first thing I ever learned was when you give a preschooler a drink, a lid is always required because the drink usually ends up on them or you .

When I took my daughter to a few games last year I just brought a sippy cup and put her drink in there. I never had a problem with security over it. I just had to show them it was empty before being allowed to bring it in.

Sure he may not know about the past problems in Europe, but that just makes him ignorant of footie history, not an asshole.