Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Mariner commented on how it's always nice to have a ginger in the line-up haha. "The lads take the mick, but he's a good kid and works his tail off in training."
    "All For One" takes on a whole new meaning when a ginger (Ecks) and a scouse (Iro) are plying their trade on the same backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this was the best part of the Iro story:
    “So I’m a little excited about that,” he said. “I’m ready to be back in a big city — kind of reminds me a little of London when I was back there.”

LOL. Poor Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you haven't registered for the tournament already, what are you waiting for? It's a month away. Check out the link below. Join a team or sponsor a player. Either way, come on down to KW and enjoy a day of fun with fellow RPB.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28490

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

French footballer Eddy Viator trained with Toronto on Tuesday. The 29-year old defender has represented Guadeloupe and has been on trial with TFC. There is no indication if the Reds will move forward with Viator. Testing his versatility, Toronto coaches tested him at the centre back and right fullback positions during training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea who this guy is but any new player at this point is good news.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember the name from the Gold Cup, was on the Guadeloupe. Specifically remember his from the U.S.A. match, don't remember if he was any good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddy Viator, I can see a new chant coming on:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sturgis being shopped around, with a deal that fell through with Seattle.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2009

Dicoy Williams out for the season<-Luke Wileman
    Last edited by nickio; 07-19-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I didn't realize that Iro was voted team MVP last season. Good stuff.
    Voted on by his coaches and fellow players....so it was REAL, not a fan-based popularity contest...me likes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto's Aron Winter is on a mission
    http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...er-mission-mls

Good ESPN piece here. Some interesting quotes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    French footballer Eddy Viator trained with Toronto on Tuesday. The 29-year old defender has represented Guadeloupe and has been on trial with TFC. There is no indication if the Reds will move forward with Viator. Testing his versatility, Toronto coaches tested him at the centre back and right fullback positions during training.
    That's from Asif Hossain on the TFC website BTW. http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/07...s-new-look-tfc

I appreciate getting straight info from the club...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post

That article is ... uggh kinda scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That article is ... uggh kinda scary.
    This is one of the most even handed and realistic articles that I have read this season.

Why is it scary?

It will probably take a few games for the new guys to settle in but once they do I'm sure we'll have a competing team. We won't make the playoffs but we'll win a few games by a few goals and watch out next season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto to announce it's adding a formalized scouting structure and U-13 and U-15 Academies.

Anslemi also revealed that Toronto FC will unveil an under-13 and under-15 next year as part of its youth academy, as well as launch a formal and structured scouting department that will be domestic, national and international in scope.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...#ixzz1SbWAv0Qz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Why is it scary?
    The quotes don’t reflect very well in my opinion. I’m not going to dig into this in depth and be accused of pissing in everyone’s Cornflakes (anymore than i already have) so I’ll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The quotes don’t reflect very well in my opinion. I’m not going to dig into this in depth and be accused of pissing in everyone’s Cornflakes (anymore than i already have) so I’ll leave it at that.
    You are right. Wow, there are a couple of doozies in there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well cmon boys, ya cant say that then keep schtum.
    lets have an opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ESPN article is absolutely fascinating though. None of the local reporters get those kinds of indepth, honest quotes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post

It's a good thing TFC fans know better than even Winter does!

"I thought it would go quicker than it has," Winter said
    Poor Winter has to work in conditions that other coaches in MLS don't have to. No wait.

Other challenges, such as a slew of injuries that Winter blames on the artificial turf still widely used in the league, fixture congestion and time-consuming travel have left the coaching staff with less time than it would like for practice. "Those aren't reproaches," Winter said, "but it does underpin that it was a difficult way to start and that you weren't able to work the way you had in mind."
    I will say one thing about most soccer players I have met. They have very little grasp of reality and in this case, math. Either they truly beleive what they are saying and don't understand laws of probability, or they're just saying platitudes.

Martina isn't even ready to give up on this season. "I think we'll take a lot of points in the second half," he said. "We can beat anybody. Everything is still possible."
    Last edited by Roogsy; 07-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Toronto to announce it's adding a formalized scouting structure and U-13 and U-15 Academies.

Anslemi also revealed that Toronto FC will unveil an under-13 and under-15 next year as part of its youth academy, as well as launch a formal and structured scouting department that will be domestic, national and international in scope.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...#ixzz1SbWAv0Qz
    I swear, every time I hear Anselmi speak I want to break something.

Anselmi admitted that the playoffs are "at risk now" for TFC, but he echoed Winter's sentiments, referring to Tuesday more than once as "the first day of the rest our lives."
    "I think what I am hearing from our fans is they like what they are seeing, too. They're seeing the style [introduced by Winter] unfold. They may only get 40 minutes of it in a game, which isn't enough, but they are starting to see things get better," Anselmi claimed.
    And there you have it. Proof that Anselmi takes the easily won approval of the fans as evidence he's doing things right. This right here is why I have been so disappointed with my fellow supporters. We let these guys off way too easily and now they're patting themselves on the back even though they haven't even accomplished anything yet.

Anselmi was also quite candid in stating that missteps were made by MLSE management in the past three seasons with regard to building the club. He took full responsibility for that, saying: "It's with me. The buck stops with me." But he also stated that MLSE has since gone to great lengths to address those mistakes, including hiring Winter and Mariner.
    If the buck stops with Anselmi, then he paid practically nothing for messing things up for 5 years. As the saying goes, he apologizes for everything but takes responsibility for nothing.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the ESPN article, this is just a lie;

fancy downtown stadium
    Really though, I thought that was a good article. I do like the honesty from Winter and DeKlerk, I don't know why any of the issues that every club faces should have been a surprise to them but besides that I'll still have optimism and I've seen more good things go on with this group than at any other time in our clubs short history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the ESPN article is absolutely fascinating though. None of the local reporters get those kinds of indepth, honest quotes.

Yeah the article was a breath of fresh air.

To be honest I'm sick to the point that I don't even read or listen to most local media anymore. Especially TFC TV, its very monotonous. SAME questions and SAME type of questions of the players over and over again.

The players really must be besides themselves with boredom and frustration having to answer and placate the same sentiments over and over again. Lee Godfrey is spectacularly uncreative and one of the worst offenders in this regard in my opinion. His voice is like finger nails on a chalk board to me now.