Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Nana has upside but obviously something was up this year besides just injury, I think the has only been in 5 or 6 matches.

Johnson is a pretty decent pickup.

Nana was suppose to come back on the 20th to play. He was injured, but big and small, him and Winter didn't see eye to eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    He said he found out about the trade via text message by Sam Cronin, a former TFC teammate who now plays for San Jose.
    Aron Winter, TFC’s head coach and technical director, then called Attakora minutes later to deliver the news.
    "It’s exciting but it’s sad at the same time. I’ve spent my whole career here and it is my home city, so it’s disappointing, but I’m also happy for the change and the new challenge," Attakora said.

I think this is disgraceful and another poor showing from Winter and co

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post
    Nana was suppose to come back on the 20th to play. He was injured, but big and small, him and Winter didn't see eye to eye.
    DEAL WITH IT!! lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I don't like losing Nana at all. I think he's going to be a great player.
    He may be back someday but he clearly couldn't work here. Good luck to him everywhere except against us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Dunfield seems to be overrated on this board. I think he's slow, and his distribution is terrible. Kevin Harmse was also a warrior and a red card waiting to happen.
    Dunfield and Harmse shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. While I don't think he is the second coming, he is definitely a solid holding midfielder by MLS standards with an offensive upside as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    It says Winter called him a few minutes later. In this age of social media, it doesn't necessarily mean Winter took a long time to inform him.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REally like Gordon, I feel its a loss, even if he has health issues.

all other. . prob get banned for over celbrating after giving a thumbs up sign near a camera.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was to guess, I would guess that Sturgis will be gone as part of this. He still has some sort of value, and he is a domestic player. Probably get a small allocation for him.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    No need to move Frei at this point with the current logjam in the midfield.

Frings
    JDG
    Dunfield
    Sturgis
    Tchani
    Yourassowsky
    Zavarise

Something has to give...
    Winter is rolling out his 2-5-2-1 system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    It says Winter called him a few minutes later. In this age of social media, it doesn't necessarily mean Winter took a long time to inform him.

- Scott

Why should Cronin get to know before the player himself? I don't like the way they've treated Nana since they came in

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro: Just got off phone with Earl Cochrane. Told me he could talk about Nana in about an hour, so expect formal team announcement soon.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    I agree. Winter is obviously got his fingers in many different pies at the moment. I'm sure he waited for it to be official with the league before calling Nana, while Cronin could have known prior to it being official.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can they just tell us the news

WTF

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's July 14 folks. Remember that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yourassowsky is a LB naturally. I think he might move back there now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should Cronin get to know before the player himself? I don't like the way they've treated Nana since they came in
    Union rep?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it that under Mo previously and under Winter now, we've always been so overweight on midfielders?

Except for Gerba, when we were overweight on forwards! Badum-tish! Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short Molinaro story on Nana's move:

The Nana Attakora-Toronto FC saga has come to an end.
    The Major League Soccer club has traded Attakora to the San Jose Earthquakes, the Canadian defender confirmed to CBCSports.ca on Thursday.
    Attakora did not know the details of the deal, specifically who TFC will receive from San Jose in return for him.
    A 22-year-old native of North York, Ont., the defender has been with the club since it entered MLS in 2007. He said he found out about the trade via text message by Sam Cronin, a former TFC teammate who now plays for San Jose.
    Aron Winter, TFC’s head coach and technical director, then called Attakora minutes later to deliver the news.
    "It’s exciting but it’s sad at the same time. I’ve spent my whole career here and it is my home city, so it’s disappointing, but I’m also happy for the change and the new challenge," Attakora said.

minutes could be 2 mins. It's not that improbable in this tweetality we live in. Hell it could be as simple as

In Toronto-Get Nana on the phone...
    In SJ- Tell Cronin his buddy's coming...

Tweet wins the race every time.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Major League Soccer club has traded Attakora to the San Jose Earthquakes, the Canadian defender confirmed to CBCSports.ca on Thursday.
    Attakora did not know the details of the deal, specifically who TFC will receive from San Jose in return for him.
    A 22-year-old native of North York, Ont., the defender has been with the club since it entered MLS in 2007. He said he found out about the trade via text message by Sam Cronin, a former TFC teammate who now plays for San Jose.

Pieces of #(%&# s#it! That's how they conduct business, TEXT MESSAGES! MLS should REALLY put a stop to that! RIDICULOUS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Yourassowsky is a LB naturally. I think he might move back there now.
    many forget this

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Winter forgot to add the "416" in front of the number and Sam had him on speed dial.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame San Jose's coach for inappropriately spilling the beans. Has nothing to do with Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bangersandmash View Post
    Union rep?
    Another possibility.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    In this age of social media, somebody from TFC should be a calling a traded player the second it happens, exactly so that this doesn't happen. It can be a flunky who says "Aron's busy, he'll call in a bit, but here's what's up".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangersandmash View Post
    Union rep?
    Not in the slightest and I've been a big proponent of them aside from their dealings with Nana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post
    Pieces of #(%&# s#it! That's how they conduct business, TEXT MESSAGES! MLS should REALLY put a stop to that! RIDICULOUS!

realy that was sam cronin,

it does say winter called him on the phone

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not surprised.

I commented on this when Mike Richards found out he was been traded to LA Kings from ESPN twitter feed.

Social media moves way faster than teams. Because of the need to one up every one, media outlets will report on a deal before it's apparently signed off on.

I've seen it happen with teams I've been involved with. Team informs agent that they're moving their player... need to waive some clause. Agent says it won't be a problem. Teams calls back other team and says it shouldn't be a problem. In the meantime people talk and news gets out that a deal is done. etc.

In a lot of cases, the player is the last guy to find out... In the past, this all would happen away from prying eyes... so the player would have no clue and the team would inform him.

I don't know why more and more people are surprised.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC announced Thursday that they have acquired midfielder Terry Dunfield from Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for allocation money and future considerations.

"We are pleased to add Terry to our midfield, he is a passionate player and he will fit in well, " said Toronto FC Head Coach and Technical Director Aron Winter. "He has played well this season for Vancouver and we have seen first-hand what he is capable of."

Dunfield, 29, is a Canadian international midfielder that scored one goal and added three assists in 12 league games this season for Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Dunfield also scored one goal during the 2011 Nutrilite Canadian Championship in four starts. Dunfield has earned six international caps for Canada and scored his first international goal against Ecuador at BMO Field on June 1 of this year in an international friendly. Dunfield spent time with Manchester City in the club’s youth program before moves to Bury, Macclesfield Town, and Shrewsbury Town all in England. Dunfield joined Vancouver in 2010 while the team played in the USSF Division 2 Pro League.

Terry Dunfield
    Position: Midfielder
    Height: 5’7
    Weight: 165
    Birthdate: February 20, 1982
    Birth Place/Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia
    Nationality: Canadian
    Last Club: Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    How Acquired: Acquired in trade with Vancouver on Thursday July 14, 2011
    Pronunciation: “Dun-field”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Blame San Jose's coach for inappropriately spilling the beans. Has nothing to do with Winter.
    why bring reason to a supporter's forum... lol
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cronin's team was party to the trade. He could have tweeted Nana before it was technically even official.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens