Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Any word on YaYa? What horrendous conditions to put top-flight players through. And kudos to Whitecaps fans for keeping it classy by booing the guy off the pitch as he struggles to get off.
    "While both teams substituted liberally in the second half, Man City lost Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure to an ankle injury that Mancini said was not serious." -TSN article

I don't even know why artifical turf is even allowed in this league. It's not like american football where you just have to run on it. It actually effects the way the game is played due to movement of the ball on the inferior surface.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    "While both teams substituted liberally in the second half, Man City lost Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure to an ankle injury that Mancini said was not serious." -TSN article

I don't even know why artifical turf is even allowed in this league. It's not like american football where you just have to run on it. It actually effects the way the game is played due to movement of the ball on the inferior surface.
    They used a temp. grass surface.

Actually if they just kept the artifical stuff then it would have been better off than that mess of patch work grass that was out there.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game,
    But I was impressed with how Vancouver played against a superior team.

I've seen this before... how "weak" players find a way to play better than usual when up against stronger opponents.

It's as if many "less talented" players simply lack ambition or confidence,
    But when the pressure is off (in a friendly and against a team they shouldn't beat) their worries are removed and their best efforts are seen.

Or it's just a fluke/coincidence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game,
    But I was impressed with how Vancouver played against a superior team.

I've seen this before... how "weak" players find a way to play better than usual when up against stronger opponents.

It's as if many "less talented" players simply lack ambition or confidence,
    But when the pressure is off (in a friendly and against a team they shouldn't beat) their worries are removed and their best efforts are seen.

Or it's just a fluke/coincidence.
    Crappy pitch aside, i think it's also a case of Vancouver being in mid-season form and Citeh using the game to get their fitness level up and to shake off some rust.
    Last edited by Gazza; 07-19-2011 at 10:14 AM.