Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Molinaro still insisting Kevin Hatchi is coming to TFC despite Mariners denial...

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...Called-fooball

Interview on CSN starts with Molinaro insisting that this will happen, from a 'very good source'.

Interview starts at the 18th minute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the Hatchi guy and why should I care? Seems like a big deal over nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a big deal cuz Mariner said hes not coming.
    basically itd mean the FO is lying (and as every paranoid TFC fan would state WHY SHOULD WE TRUST THE FO, THEY ARE MLSES PUPPETS, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER COACH, FIRE MLSE FIRE THE FO).

To a certain extent they would be right, it would breach what trust (in some cases what little trust) we have for the new FO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id be a bit conflicted myself as we definitely need a CB right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What!? A reporter mentioned something in a story and the FO denied it? That never happens in football. As soon as a rumor is broken by the media, the managers always fess up and admit "Schucks, your right, we are trying to sign player X. Got us..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    What!? A reporter mentioned something in a story and the FO denied it? That never happens in football. As soon as a rumor is broken by the media, the managers always fess up and admit "Schucks, your right, we are trying to sign player X. Got us..."
    HAHAHA
    pretty much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 goals in 10 years. Sounds promising.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rarely expect my CBs to be scoring goals, dunno bout you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does he stand on the "...He'll Tear This League Apart..." scale...???
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post

Except, as always, with this messed up team it's a problem. When Mariner was first on the job he said they were on the verge of a "big signing" and it didn't happen. Then when the two DPs were signed the Klinsmann connection was mentioned and now if a guy he has denied is signing signs there will be the inevitable questions about who is running this team?

And seeing as how no one ever stands up and says, "This is my team, I'm responsible for it," we continue to wonder who is running it.

And probably so do the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro knows about as much as I do in the world of soccer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    We have the wiki stats, all we need is some YouTube highlights and we can tell for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Except, as always, with this messed up team it's a problem. When Mariner was first on the job he said they were on the verge of a "big signing" and it didn't happen. Then when the two DPs were signed the Klinsmann connection was mentioned and now if a guy he has denied is signing signs there will be the inevitable questions about who is running this team?

And seeing as how no one ever stands up and says, "This is my team, I'm responsible for it," we continue to wonder who is running it.

And probably so do the players.
    Inferring anything from what is a standard, and quite frankly a good practice when dealing with player signings in the media is silly IMHO.

I would worry far more if the FO were publically owning up about every player they are signing (or trying to sign).

This just strikes me as a witch hunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    its a big deal cuz Mariner said hes not coming.
    basically itd mean the FO is lying (and as every paranoid TFC fan would state WHY SHOULD WE TRUST THE FO, THEY ARE MLSES PUPPETS, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER COACH, FIRE MLSE FIRE THE FO).

To a certain extent they would be right, it would breach what trust (in some cases what little trust) we have for the new FO
    They don't HAVE to tell us shit. Ever consider the fact they lie to us, not to be assholes, but to protect the best interest of the club?

In fact Molinaro may be causing damage by releasing information he shouldn't know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    They don't HAVE to tell us shit. Ever consider the fact they lie to us, not to be assholes, but to protect the best interest of the club?
    Yep, or they dont say anything for the same reason.
    Im not mad at it or suspicious.
    Ive put my faith in Winter and Im going to give him two seasons.
    If something fishy like payoffs etc happens then I will turn on him but until then the FO has not done anything wrong yet (i would like to see some decent signings during the window and a better positioning of the team at the end of the year)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Voyageurs thread gives the impression that he was playing well for L'impact. He says he was let go because he was a bad loser - that could be a problem if he joins us

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php...ased-by-Impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post

In fact Molinaro may be causing damage by releasing information he shouldn't know.
    There have been several deals in pro sports that have fallen apart becasue of the media involvement so I 100% agree with this.

The only time the team needs to confirm player movement is when they have actually signed, released or traded a player imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even hear any rumours of Frings coming to TFC (Redbull? yes) before he was signed. That's fine by me. Just sign the guys and don't get my hopes up with rumours.

I found it funny tho that Molinaro published a rumour even when the club denied it. It reminds me of when I was a journalist and you'd desperately want to publish a story to show your bosses you're getting work done..... and then you'd call the official spokesperson and it would be denied completely, so you'd have no story to write. Molinaro's story is like a transcript of the behind the scenes work of a journalist, not an actual story.
    Last edited by rocker; 07-12-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    There have been several deals in pro sports that have fallen apart becasue of the media involvement so I 100% agree with this.

The only time the team needs to confirm player movement is when they have actually signed, released or traded a player imo
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I didn't even hear any rumours of Frings coming to TFC (Redbull? yes) before he was signed. That's fine by me. Just sign the guys and don't get my hopes up with rumours.

I found it funny tho that Molinaro published a rumour even when the club denied it. It reminds me of when I was a journalist and you'd desperately want to publish a story to show your bosses you're getting work done..... and then you'd call the official spokesperson and it would be denied completely, so you'd have no story to write. Molinaro's story is like a transcript of the behind the scenes work of a journalist, not an actual story.
    But working behind the scenes with a team, trades and signings are usually done way before an official release is done.

And when deals fall apart it's not necessarily the media's fault. i.e. player is signed or traded, media reports that they've heard a deal has been done, player has visa issues, fails a medical, deal falls apart. It has nothing to do with the media.

Believe me, the media, and in particular, social media, moves way, way faster than teams do and in some cases the way leagues do. This is something professional leagues are dealing with. Some teams now instead of putting it on their website first will make a post on twitter because it's quicker to get the announcement out.

I know a big stink was made recently where the Philadelphia Flyers were criticized because Mike Richards found out about his trade to LA on twitter as opposed from the team.

Teams operate with the understanding that they can't comment on a transaction until it's finalized or approved by the league.

Therefore, Hatchi could still be on the way to Toronto or he has signed an agreement with Toronto but a) it hasn't been finalized by the league, b) there could be visa issues, or c) he may need to pass a medical.

Either way, Molinaro isn't the only one saying that Hatchi has signed with Toronto. Others involved in Canadian football have heard the same thing.

In the meantime, until it's finalized, what else is Mariner going to say? Of course, he's going to say no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    The Frings to TFC rumors were flying around all over the place before he signed.

Curious more than anything - but do you find this any different than what happens daily in the football news around the globe? This happens on a daily occasion.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Molinaro stating that an announcement could be made on Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he require int'l slot? Could be Mariner doesnt want to tip his hand if he is trying to trade one of int'l players to clear up the roster slot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know but I hope he stands up pretty well against the 'league tearing us a new one' department.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Molinaro stating that an announcement could be made on Friday.
    Which is the day the transfer window opens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to clarify that I don't think Molinaro has brought this up with the intentions of damaging the team although there have been other situations in the sports world where a leaks have made it difficult to get things done.

And Whoop you're right. What else is Mariner supposed to say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well travelled 5'10" defender?
    Je suis tres excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Does he require int'l slot? Could be Mariner doesnt want to tip his hand if he is trying to trade one of int'l players to clear up the roster slot.

Good point, showing his cards in this regard would hamper him creating space for Hatchi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me no want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a "good" player, who's very competitive...and has attitude problems. He can play on our back-line, but isn't the saviour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i made this handy scale for all MLS acquisitions.