Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other threads? What are you talking about?

Extrapolating? You mean assuming. Tell me Phonz. How many 5 month old babies do you have? How many business trips do you have to go on? How many widowed mother-in-laws do you take care of?

Answer me that and THEN tell me that having to sell my tickets is not supporting.

Thank you by the way. Thank you for getting me involved in another dick-measuring "I am a better supporter than you" argument. Yes...you are there for every game Phonz. Good for you. I guess you really are a better supporter than everyone else who isn't. I bow down to you sir...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so its not selling tickets then give us something Roogsy. How do we hold the team accountable it's that simple. I'm not going to go hunting in threads but I've read quite a few of your posts that either read hold them accountable or stop being blind sheep etc. (if your first response is omg show me proof I'm not bothering anymore).

So the question is how do we as a group do it knowing that the group itself is divided on whether we just accept this year was a write off and worry about next year or we start bitching and moaning for year number two and just get ourselves some lip service.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm honestly not interested in any "dick-measuring" or "I'm a better supporter than you" type debate. That's not why I asked Roogsy what I did.

He's a passionate guy, who speaks very eloquently (although he and I frequently disagree). I'm genuinely seeking his answer to "holding the team accountable," since that phrase seems very abstract and not at all practical in the way I've seen it used (IMO).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey life happens. Nothing you can do about that.

But my question comes back to - short of not going to games - how else can you hold the team accountable?

I think that was the question.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Everybody

This got started when you turned discussion towards yourself, Roogs, and accusations of being too negative.

Phonzo let's not make this too personal.

As Whoop says, life can get in the way.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Heathen

The complaining on this thread isn't because we lost, it's because we lost 5-0. Honestly does anyone believe there'd be as much dissent if we'd lost 2-0, 3-1? I wasn't expecting to get much from the game but being blown out regardless of roster, injuries etc is never acceptable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never implied better support just want to put that out there. My only point was I'd really like to hear him tell us how to hold the club accountable instead of just saying it everywhere. Honestly I don't know how so if someone has an idea I'd like to hear it.

I am an Online Pole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we lost, fuck it! what can you do? calm down.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-07-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Not funny

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    ok so its not selling tickets then give us something Roogsy. How do we hold the team accountable it's that simple. I'm not going to go hunting in threads but I've read quite a few of your posts that either read hold them accountable or stop being blind sheep etc. (if your first response is omg show me proof I'm not bothering anymore).

So the question is how do we as a group do it knowing that the group itself is divided on whether we just accept this year was a write off and worry about next year or we start bitching and moaning for year number two and just get ourselves some lip service.

Give you something Phonz? What the fuck do I owe you? Nothing. You fucking call me out because you think you're a better supporter than I am? Fuck that. I owe you nothing. I have lived and died for this team from before you even knew about it. Then you take my personal situation and blast it out in public so that it makes you look better?

I guess despite everything I have to go through just to even watch a TFC game, as long as I am positive and not negative, then it would fit me into your nice little mold of "great supporter". No thanks.

Give me a break. I am out. Go measure someone elses dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha grown men fighting on computers make me laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never implied better support just want to put that out there. My only point was I'd really like to hear him tell us how to hold the club accountable instead of just saying it everywhere. Honestly I don't know how so if someone has an idea I'd like to hear it.
    It's not our job or duty to hold the team accountable, it's the player's themselves that have to do that. I'm pretty sure after any loss, especially a blowout, when the team returns to that dressing room and they look at each other acroos the room they know what they did wrong and what they have to do to correct things.

With Frings, Koevermans, JDG, Santos, Gordon, Williams, Nana all healthy and in the lineup I think we will be okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOLLLL the last few posts on this thread have been more entertaining than last night's game itself.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Now you made me laugh.

Thank you.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I'm honestly not interested in any "dick-measuring" or "I'm a better supporter than you" type debate. That's not why I asked Roogsy what I did.

He's a passionate guy, who speaks very eloquently (although he and I frequently disagree). I'm genuinely seeking his answer to "holding the team accountable," since that phrase seems very abstract and not at all practical in the way I've seen it used (IMO).

Sorry to get off-track Rudi.

I have answered this question before. And there are things I do that I would prefer not to mention publicly. The public stuff I have mentioned before is things like cancelling tickets, refusing to buy merchandise this year and not supporting extra-curricular events like their foundation anymore.

Suffice to say, I am active in pressuring this team to do better. Very active. Too active my wife would say.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    It's not our job or duty to hold the team accountable, it's the player's themselves that have to do that. I'm pretty sure after any loss, especially a blowout, when the team returns to that dressing room and they look at each other acroos the room they know what they did wrong and what they have to do to correct things.

With Frings, Koevermans, JDG, Santos, Gordon, Williams, Nana all healthy and in the lineup I think we will be okay.
    You would think so - and while it probably happens to a small degree - I get the impression there's no one in that locker room holding their teammates accountable.

Like someone suggested last night, that's what happens when you have a team with no personality, no soul, no leadership.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    LOLLLL the last few posts on this thread have been more entertaining than last night's game itself.
    so was my last bowel movement, though

a low bar, to be sure

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    refusing to buy merchandise this year and not supporting extra-curricular events like their foundation anymore.
    i was doing this stuff before the team was shit

(just kidding, the team has always been shit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hahahahhahhahah. Funny, sad, and too fucking true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Twitter:

Tony_Tchani Unbelievable what's going on!!!

I don't really know what this is in reference to, so I'll just assume he is talking about this thread. Or it could be about Murdoch shutting down News of The World. So hard to say.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait I asked if selling tickets was the answer and you aired your personal shit not me roogsy. I didn't even know it just you sold each ticket this year. I asked you to tell us how to be accountable that's it. I'm not measuring dicks don't really care to or who is a better supporter. Each person does it their own way and as long as they do I could care less.

I am an Online Pole

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait I asked if selling tickets was the answer and you aired your personal shit not me roogsy. I didn't even know it just you sold each ticket this year. I asked you to tell us how to be accountable that's it. I'm not measuring dicks don't really care to or who is a better supporter. Each person does it their own way and as long as they do I could care less.
    Bullshit. You inserted a snide remark after a question that was not even directed at you while revealing what a better supporter you consider yourself than anyone else who feels they have to sell their tickets. It doesn't matter if it's me that has to sell their tickets or John Smith in 116, why someone sells their ticket does not equal "bad support" and it certainly is none of your business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    You would think so - and while it probably happens to a small degree - I get the impression there's no one in that locker room holding their teammates accountable.

Like someone suggested last night, that's what happens when you have a team with no personality, no soul, no leadership.

It doesn't seem too surprising that the team has no personality or leadership. They've all pretty much been told they're just placeholders until the real team that is able to play the system gets here. There are some mid-level MLS players who could probably get better results playing a more "MLS-style" but that's not what the team wants so those guys just look bad game after game. But so what if they lose a bunch of games until that happens? No one in the organization seems too bothered or worried.

And some of those guys will get traded to other teams where they'll fit in better and won't stand out as weaknesses so much.

In previous years TFC wasted the off season and didn't get its team together until the first few weeks of the season - now it seems like everything until July 15th is preseason. The good news is this is MLS and they could still make the playoffs and even go on a CCL run.

But they will have to make some attitude adjustments which may be even tougher than tactical adjustments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Still don't understand why they still can't fill out that place? Or is everyone in New York waiting for the Cosmos?
    Partially yes, a lot of people are waiting for the Cosmos, but also there are a lot of problems with NYRB the way it currently is. The stadium is beautiful but it is designed very poorly (expansion is not possible, and the tight concourses will be packed when the stadium is at full capacity), parking is atrocious, there is total gridlock even 90 minutes before the match, its at the end of the subway line (which is too far for most NYers who have most amenities close by), and the owners of the land immediately in front of the arena have spiked the purchase price (Red Bull thought it could be used for parking right away, but the owners want to build condos and shopping malls, which is kinda ridiculous considering the size of Harrison, NJ). Also marketing to casual fans and the latino communities are non-existent.

The city of Harrison is also mad at the team because they were tricked into believing that the stadium and the team would bring millions in revenue so they fronted most of the bill for the stadium. Now Harrison is in a recession that rivals Detroit, where police officers are being laid off en masse and the municipal budget has serious problems.

Like you inferred, the Cosmos will come back, its just a matter of when. They literally have everything in place except a stadium (will be in Queens, next to Citi Field) and players. The administration, academy, ownership and everything else is already established http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Cosmos_%282010%29. New Yorkers that support Cosmos but go to Red Bull matches sometimes refuse to chant any chant that have Red Bull in the chant (there are also problems that the latinos in the group wont chant unless its in Spanish and the gringos try to make all chants in English).

They have a clusterfuck of problems that make us look fine by comparison. But then again, what team / SG doesn't have its issues?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It doesn't seem too surprising that the team has no personality or leadership. They've all pretty much been told they're just placeholders until the real team that is able to play the system gets here. There are some mid-level MLS players who could probably get better results playing a more "MLS-style" but that's not what the team wants so those guys just look bad game after game. But so what if they lose a bunch of games until that happens? No one in the organization seems too bothered or worried.

And some of those guys will get traded to other teams where they'll fit in better and won't stand out as weaknesses so much.

In previous years TFC wasted the off season and didn't get its team together until the first few weeks of the season - now it seems like everything until July 15th is preseason. The good news is this is MLS and they could still make the playoffs and even go on a CCL run.

But they will have to make some attitude adjustments which may be even tougher than tactical adjustments.
    I think this post is very key to what is currently wrong with the team.

What confidence can the players have when they've heard pretty much from everywhere that they're not good enough and many if not most will be moved out at some point? How do you get a player to play his heart out for you under these circumstances?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you support a team named after an energy drink

why not fucking magicJack FC

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Maybe we need a coach who displays a similar level of passion to that during team training?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHIItTSgMg

{probably best not to provide a translation}

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    It's not our job or duty to hold the team accountable, it's the player's themselves that have to do that.
    I have to disagree.

How does a 40k player who may play his guts out hold a DP who just shit the bed accountable?

How does a player playing for a new contract hold his coach who made a tactically stupid decision accountable? Or a GM who isn't bringing in the right players?

Players are nothing more than short-term employees. Most of them are eyeing the next opportunity and don't want to screw up the current ones.

There is only one group that is immune to any consequence. The consumer. The ones dolling out the money. They are the ones that hold everyone accountable and when they don't, the lunatics run the asylum. It's how it works in every industry, sports included.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    would you support a team named after an energy drink

why not fucking magicJack FC
    Sidenote: I love my MagicJack. I strongly encourage it especially if you or a loved one is going to a long distance location but has high speed internet access.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Like you inferred, the Cosmos will come back, its just a matter of when.
    The Cosmos have no ownership. That's the main thing holding them back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously guys??

this thread is a fucking