0 Thread(s)

embarrassing.

outclassed and unlucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Whirlwind View Post
    Just how complicated is the 4-3-3 to learn, anyways? Must be verging on astrophysics level if by now, we've seen next to no progress with this sytem.
    Many of the players lack fundamental technical ability and don't really have football brains. We have players that can't do the basics - stuff like complete a short pass, use their first touch to create space, move into space when not in possession.

Seriously, I don't know the ins and outs of it...should it really take this long for guys who play the game day in and day out since they were little kids??
    Problem is, these guys lack the skills they should have learned when they where 8-12 years old. You can't teach a player in their 20's the basics that these guys lack.

IMHO it's not so much that we are failing because we are trying to play a 4-3-3, it's that we are trying to play a possession based game without players that can actually do that. Switch to a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 and try to play possession football and we would have the same problems.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I don't get is.........

It may take an entire season to adjust to Winter's philosophy, but then.........

half these players won't be here next year.

In that case, won't you just be starting all over again ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    This team has no soul...no personality...no heart.
    I agree wholeheartedly. We may have not been that great a few years back, but at least players like dichio and robinson played their hearts out. I've accepted that we are rebuilding yet again, but I honestly do not see this team going anywhere in the years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Many of the players lack fundamental technical ability and don't really have football brains. We have players that can't do the basics - stuff like complete a short pass, use their first touch to create space, move into space when not in possession.

Problem is, these guys lack the skills they should have learned when they where 8-12 years old. You can't teach a player in their 20's the basics that these guys lack.

IMHO it's not so much that we are failing because we are trying to play a 4-3-3, it's that we are trying to play a possession based game without players that can actually do that. Switch to a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 and try to play possession football and we would have the same problems.

Thanks for the response - yeah, kind of thought it was more a talent level thing than a system that was so outrageous, it took years to master. Would seem to me we need 4 Ecks, 3 Frings - 2 Platas and a Kooverman/Gordon to make this thing work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. We may have not been that great a few years back, but at least players like dichio and robinson played their hearts out. I've accepted that we are rebuilding yet again, but I honestly do not see this team going anywhere in the years to come.
    Gutted (again!!!), but this is the MLS. Things don't make sense. One year in last, the next: contending.

That rule applies to all teams, right? Right!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden is not a CB, all his instincts are wrong. He was not the only issue in this game, but I am tiered of seeking him play at CB, everything about his game is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News flash: we are never going to sign enough talent to afford to be as tactically naïve as we were today. You can’t just go out there and say “we’re going to play 4-3-3” and sit on your hands while the opposing coach starts making adjustments to pick at your weak spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    This team has no soul...no personality...no heart.
    Disagree. They have all of that. Just very very little talent. And most of the talent is on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do fire Winter though. (I think I want to)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am now a believer.

I think i am beginning to see the progress everyone has been talking about for weeks. Thank god my eyes have been opened.

#roogsyislatetotheparty
    Let's not do this. Only reinforces that unnecessary troll belief.

Team played with heart today.

And demonstrated the talent level hasn't changed a whole hell of a lot.

Still aren't good enough to play. Still aren't good enough to score.

Simple as that.

No need to be trolling sarcastic. No matter how hilarious (in a: i want to cry way) or true it might be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict MLSE offers a refund for tonight's match after that debacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    How do fire Winter though. (I think I want to)
    We fire Winter and replace him with who?

This is my big problem. Better to have shitty stability for 2 years than none for less than a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    We fire Winter and replace him with who?

This is my big problem. Better to have shitty stability for 2 years than none for less than a season.
    I think this is very debatable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positives... We are boosting ticket sales at other cities - increasing their support for local football!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey on a positive tonight's game was on TSN nationally.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right after it was 2-0 I did not watch more even 1 minute from this game, and I came back to the forum well after game was finished.
    I was 100% sure we're done after 2-0 (as I posted then in the game thread), but... I did not expected worse than a 0-3. The sad thing is I'm not surprised at all with the 0-5.

After winning the Voyageurs Cup a lots of regulars of the forum got drunk with cool aid. Do never forget that our opponent, the Shitecaps, was by far the worst team from MLS, and... yes!... that we are just a hair a better team than the Shitecaps.

Having the 2 new DP-s is great, but IMO still would be a miracle if me make the playoffs with this roster and this head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jus think if we had a team like that...why is it that places like ny, dallas colorado cant draw flys but can put a winning product on the field..wtf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I think this is very debatable.
    Agree - stability is only valid if it's the right person at the helm. If not, we can easily end up with another MoJo style mess to cleanup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by no1redsfan View Post
    The thing I don't get is.........

It may take an entire season to adjust to Winter's philosophy, but then.........

half these players won't be here next year.

In that case, won't you just be starting all over again ?
    Oh shit.

Ive been trying to point this out for ages, but apparently its about filling the team with useless tits and maintaining the same kind of turnover, for a generation while a culture and philosophy is engrained into the 'youngers' so that fifteen years from now we're playing a standard system concurrent with the rest of the world. Everything you see is normal to the rebuilding process.

Also, were developing the spine of the team. Because apparently this team is spineless. But once it has a spine, and these new signings are going to be part of that, then we can look forward to training a bunch of new MLS players and european imports to 'gel' and 'learn the system' before we trade them away for draft picks, bench them over contract issues or have to give them back to their actual clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again for all those people that think THIS is Toronto FC. We we're without:

Alan Gordon
    Maicon Santos
    Julian DeGuzman
    Adrian Cann
    Nana Attakora
    Dicoy Williams
    Elbekay Bouchiba
    & our 2 new DP's (who have been paid for with the departure of DeRo/Stevanovic)

That's 9 players who could contribute more than the NASL/NCAA team we trotted out today. Do you still think there's nothing to look forward to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not going to let this performance tonight ruin the spark of hope that I got on Saturday.

Winter has a chance to redeem himself in the CL, and I think its obvious the playoffs are a lost cause.

NCC/CL has ruled this season so far and could yet save it. Even the quarter finals of the CL would be a victory in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Im not going to let this performance tonight ruin the spark of hope that I got on Saturday.

Winter has a chance to redeem himself in the CL, and I think its obvious the playoffs are a lost cause.

NCC/CL has ruled this season so far and could yet save it. Even the quarter finals of the CL would be a victory in itself.

That's more like it! Tbh I gave up on the playoffs a while ago. I recognize that is mathematically possible and that anything can happen in this league but I just feel that the excitement is going to come from the CONCACAF group stage. If we don't get past Real Esteli then I'll join the chicken little crowd too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    For all the crap we gave Preki, it's striking to compare this game to the one we played in NY last August.

We were clearly outplayed then too, but we held our shape, and only lost 1-0. Like it or lump it, that was actually a system we were playing. We had chances in that game to steal a point.

We are not playing any system now, we are pretending to play 4-3-3, and we are just out of too many games.
    Only to lose 4-1 to the same team, at BMO Field, a week later.

Let's not reminisce romantically about Preki-ball just because the team got the shit kicked out of them today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    That's more like it! Tbh I gave up on the playoffs a while ago. I recognize that is mathematically possible and that anything can happen in this league but I just feel that the excitement is going to come from the CONCACAF group stage. If we don't get past Real Esteli then I'll join the chicken little crowd too.
    Losing to the team that the impact put out in the same round, and effectively ending any chance of compensating for the scarcity of home games in the second half of the year, and giving the DP's something to do, would basically put an end to Winter's last chance yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Once again for all those people that think THIS is Toronto FC. We we're without:

Alan Gordon
    Maicon Santos
    Julian DeGuzman
    Adrian Cann
    Nana Attakora
    Dicoy Williams
    Elbekay Bouchiba
    & our 2 new DP's (who have been paid for with the departure of DeRo/Stevanovic)

That's 9 players who could contribute more than the NASL/NCAA team we trotted out today. Do you still think there's nothing to look forward to?
    You have a point, especially at the back.

But it's not that compelling an argument. Other teams (LA, DCU) are able to play through major injury problems without losing games 5-0 and 6-2.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-injury-report
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Only to lose 4-1 to the same team, at BMO Field, a week later.

Let's not reminisce romantically about Preki-ball just because the team got the shit kicked out of them today.
    I concede this point. We sucked last year too. No point arguing about degrees of bad suckitude.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    Right after it was 2-0 I did not watch more even 1 minute from this game, and I came back to the forum well after game was finished.
    To each his own, but I disagree with waking away simply because the team is loosing 2-0 and then analyzing the results and potential of this team.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I like watching this football- chances, posts, great runs, some combination passing. The current problems aren't that hard to fix- Get healthy, get some defenders, get the Strikers going- and we'll be competitive. I think TFC is on the brink of that. I strongly disagree with firing Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also a sweet body-check by the Canadian boy- Stinson. A bit of Canadian grit in there made me smile! Ye ye I know it's not hockey, but it's in our blood to be tough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't want to give Winter the keys to the city last week, and I don't want to fire him tonight.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens