Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not the least bit surprised by some of the typical derogatory comments that have been posted in the aftermath of an embarassing defeat.

However, if as I suspect, TFC starts to round into form over the next several weeks with a healthier roster and Frings and Koevermans in the lineup, I look forward to the sentiments of those who have already declared the new management regime an unequivocal failure, irrespective of the roster situation.
    Man U, I think we have seen the modus operandi of a certain group of so-called supporters on this board. Canadian Champs = **Crickets**. Poor Performance = well, you know the procedure.

If you're expecting kudos and congrats when the team actually performs, you'll be waiting for a long time. Frankly, that behaviour reeks of bitterness with a side serving of arrogance. Embarrasing and quite pitiful to be honest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for JDG I honestly think he's going to be out for the rest of the year if not let go. The constant injuries are not a good sign. Are they giving him enough time to rest? Maybe but perhaps the injury is beyond anything "rest" can do.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Man U, I think we have seen the modus operandi of a certain group of so-called supporters on this board. Canadian Champs = **Crickets**. Poor Performance = well, you know the procedure.

If you're expecting kudos and congrats when the team actually performs, you'll be waiting for a long time. Frankly, that behaviour reeks of bitterness with a side serving of arrogance. Embarrasing and quite pitiful to be honest.
    Come again? Canadian Champs? We beat a third rate NASL team (Montreal), a second-rate NASL team (FC Edmonton) and the worst team in the MLS (Vancouver) to win a trophy. It should be an unforgivable failure for TFC NOT to win this thing, year in and year out.

I'm excited that we've won it, but to me the only thing that matters is that we get a shot at the CCL out of this, not some quasi-nationalist dominion over the country's soccer landscape.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing is important too.

The win over Vancouver happened during a long weekend. The NYRB defeat was during the week. Most forum posting occurs when people are at their desks at work. People weren't going to rush to a computer during a beautiful weekend to talk about TFC's win.

Besides, a few years ago a defeat like this would probably put this thread at a 100 pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Danger ^^ Maybe true. I'm just using it as an example that calls out the inverse relationship between the amount of 'good news' and the number of posts by some members.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    The timing is important too.

The win over Vancouver happened during a long weekend. The NYRB defeat was during the week. Most forum posting occurs when people are at their desks at work. People weren't going to rush to a computer during a beautiful weekend to talk about TFC's win.

Besides, a few years ago a defeat like this would probably put this thread at a 100 pages.
    Some of us decided that it was poor form to spoil it for other supporters who deserved to celebrate something this year.

I am a real dick for not bringing people back to reality right then and there. Lesson learned.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    As for JDG I honestly think he's going to be out for the rest of the year if not let go. The constant injuries are not a good sign. Are they giving him enough time to rest? Maybe but perhaps the injury is beyond anything "rest" can do.
    Not unlike Nana's extended absences I suspect other issues at play here.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not unlike Nana's extended absences I suspect other issues at play here.
    Than why play him against Vancouver?

Not saying I don't agree with you. Just wondering.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The occasional game maybe has to be played because there is only so long you can drag out each injury rehab if there is nothing drastic like a torn ACL involved? Not sure about that particular conspiracy theory but I suspect things will be better for TFC once Winter and Mariner have a chance to make their own decision as to whether to keep or get rid of all of the players with holdover guaranteed contracts from the old regime.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Than why play him against Vancouver?

Not saying I don't agree with you. Just wondering.
    JDG? Oh it's not that I think the coach has the same opinion of the 2 of them. It's just that for different reasons, other than fitness, I don't think we'll be seeing those players as often as we could. It's a shame regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All families fight. Lets love each other instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The half time shows would always feature Frank D'Angelo performing with his band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBWwkXE6pcI
    ahhhhhh I threw up in my mouth, have gone blind, and still can't get that hideous sound outta my brain!!!! God help me!!!! accccckkkkkkkk.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has the right to be upset after last night's scoreline. I'm not defending the lacklustre performance of the club.

However, I do agree with those that feel that last night's debacle is not at all inidicative of what this club is capable of the rest of the season, given the overwhelming number of injuries that have recently plagued the roster. If New York was missing Henry, Agudelo, Lindpere, Taino, McCarty, and their top centrebacks, and TFC had a semblence of their best starting lineup available, is it not reasonable to assume that the end result could have been much more favorable to TFC?

As others have suggested, I also believe there is still something to look forward to this season, with the CCL group stage potentially on the horizon, and the likelihood of a much more competitive lineup once Winter has a reasonably healthy roster at his disposal in a couple of weeks.

It's all a matter of perspective. I choose to look at the NCC victory, the signing of our two new DP's, and the overall roster situation in recent weeks as a means to give me hope, or blind faith as some would call it, that this season may yet be salvageable one way or another.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 07-07-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we didn't lose with our 'A' team. lol

BTW, did anyone here watch Whitecaps-Crew game? I thought Toronto has issues, but looks like Whitecaps is the worst and unluckiest team in MLS not us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I for one, appreciate the fact we won the Canadian Championship. But I have to temper that enthusiasm a bit. Five years in, I think we all know what we want and while that Canadian Championship was tasty, we’re all waiting for the main course.

There is a huge gap right now between what we expect to happen in the future and what is happening in the present. The stats are damning beyond belief: most goals conceded, least goals scored, worst goal differential, points-per-game basis trending very close to our worst ever expansion result. Then there’s individual things that have happened week-to-week like losing to a ten-man side and being blown out by 4 goals plus on several occasions. We are going beyond being bad and showing an incredible level of futility.

Despite our previous baggage and challenges with things like injuries, to be THIS futile tells me something. Not necessarily that Winter cannot cut it as manager, but to say the least something has gone terribly, terribly wrong with planning.

I have no doubt future signings and adjustments will improve the club, but the question is how much? A lot of improvement will be needed to make the playoffs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny enough, I do believe the club and their results will indeed improve. It has to. The amount of money being thrown at it makes it almost impossible not to improve.

Unfortunately, it's like putting a Ferrari engine in a Fiat. It doesn't mean you own a Ferrari but you certainly spent a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Funny enough, I do believe the club and their results will indeed improve. It has to. The amount of money being thrown at it makes it almost impossible not to improve.

Unfortunately, it's like putting a Ferrari engine in a Fiat. It doesn't mean you own a Ferrari but you certainly spent a lot of money.
    Ya but when you're in a race against Mazda's, Mitsubishi's and Peugot's a Ferrari engine in a Fiat can go a long way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Ya but when you're in a race against Mazda's, Mitsubishi's and Peugot's a Ferrari engine in a Fiat can go a long way
    Well played sir.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been done.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/09/o...ibuto-ferrari/

I would be happy with this vehicle.....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone direct me to the sign up table for the pissing contest? I want in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Been done.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/09/o...ibuto-ferrari/

I would be happy with this vehicle.....
    Haha, how appropriate that it's painted in TFC colors.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Can anyone direct me to the sign up table for the pissing contest? I want in.
    It's right beside the measurement table. You can't miss it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's right beside the measurement table. You can't miss it.
    Where do I find the yard sticks for measuring in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Haha, how appropriate that it's painted in TFC colors.
    Do the wheels fall off in the late summer?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Well played. It also requires new drivers at least once a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    We'll find out soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you must pay with cash. NO cheques.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of us decided that it was poor form to spoil it for other supporters who deserved to celebrate something this year.

I am a real dick for not bringing people back to reality right then and there. Lesson learned.
    Thanks for being a real dick,hopefully you will stay a real dick for the rest of the season so we can enjoy occasional wins._
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do my best impression of you I possibly can Denis.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't forget, when you take it in for a yearly tune-up you have to replace the entire engine.

god this reminds me of the TFC donut thread!!