Default Post Game: Ny 5 - Tfc 0

back to the team we know and love

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winter is a bad coach

hand wave this away with some bull about 'our precious system', i won't read it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    winter is a bad coach

hand wave this away with some bull about 'our precious system', i won't read it
    I'm coming to this conclusion as well. If the players on the pitch aren't capable of handling a 4-3-3, its time to make adjustments.

Honestly, I would've preferred a 5-4-1 and having a chance to leave NJ with a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolol 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get through Saturday's game, then 11 days for the injured to heal and the two new DPs to join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only thing you need to be a fan of this team is a ready supply of mind-altering substances. If you're not moshed by the 45th minute you're not doing it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Get through Saturday's game, then 11 days for the injured to heal and the two new DPs to join.
    My sentiments as well.

This result in the long run is a very good thing imo. We want teams who spend money on Talent/DPs to win and keep winning. It will show to the rest that you need to splash cash on players in order to compete. Only way the league will improve. Henry, Luke Rodgers, Teemo Taino, Jan Gunnar Solli. Fantastic players. Shows good players make a difference in this league.

It would be a sad state of affairs if Tfc, with the lineup they put out there, a bunch of kids and MLS 1.0 players like Gargan/Harden were to win.

It's better this way. In the long run.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    My sentiments as well.

This result in the long run is a very good thing imo. We want teams who spend money on Talent/DPs to win and keep winning. It will show to the rest that you need to splash cash on players in order to compete. Only way the league will improve. Henry, Luke Rodgers, Teemo Taino, Jan Gunnar Solli. Fantastic players. Shows good players make a difference in this league.

It would be a sad state of affairs if Tfc, with the lineup they put out there, a bunch of kids and MLS 1.0 players like Gargan/Harden were to win.

It's better this way. In the long run.
    A very good point. We do want MLS to become one of the better leagues in the world, one in which a Harden wouldn't even make the bench.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-07-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A very good point. We do want MLS to become one of the better leagues in the world, one in which a Harden wouldn't even make the bench.
    Harden is not a CB in any league anywere not even in a pick up game in a Toronto park, his instincts, positioning, physicality and approach is all wrong. If I would have to summarize the basic attributes of a CB it would be good positioning, reading the game, controled physicality, and decisivness. Harden does not excell at any of these, and is indecisive, he seems to be continuosly cought in poor positions and is unaware of what is happening in the play, and is not physical when it counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Harden is not a CB in any league anywere not even in a pick up game in a Toronto park, his instincts, positioning, physicality and approach is all wrong. If I would have to summarize the basic attributes of a CB it would be good positioning, reading the game, controled physicality, and decisivness. Harden does not excell at any of these, and is indecisive, he seems to be continuosly cought in poor positions and is unaware of what is happening in the play, and is not physical when it counts.

I will also add that when you are playing a two CB system, if one of them is poor as Harden then it affects the entire backline, because it creates problems and space right in the midle of your line, right in front of goal. A good coach should find a way to address this. You are better off taking that CB out, and pulling the two FB in and playing two DMs to protect them for example. His insistence on playing Harden is puzzling, it is my biggest question of winter as a coach. [now Harden may be decente in some other position but he should never, ever play CB again].

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Exactly. We're only one point out of the playoffs with two DPs on the way one of which should be able to give us the punch up front that we need.

Plata was only good for 20 mins last night and needs to finish his chances, hopefully a new striker will take the pressure off him.

Get a grip folks, everytime we lose this board goes into meltdown. Back the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Exactly. We're only one point out of the playoffs with two DPs on the way one of which should be able to give us the punch up front that we need.

Plata was only good for 20 mins last night and needs to finish his chances, hopefully a new striker will take the pressure off him.

Get a grip folks, everytime we lose this board goes into meltdown. Back the team.
    I think you might want to heed your own advice, ie, get a grip.

TFC is 3 points out of a playoff spot, but the teams it is chasing have games in hand. Plus there are 6 teams between TFC and 10th place.

Again, by my estimations, TFC needs 25 points in 14 games to have a shot at the playoffs.

Anyways, I don't see the meltdown you speak of. Its more like apathy, with a handful of people rightfully calling out the shit they witness, and a handful of people still showing blind faith.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 07-07-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're only one point out of the playoffs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post

this is by far the silliest thing i've seen on these boards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this post reinforces everything I think is wrong with how we support TFC.

TFC has learned that appeasement works instead of addressing fundamental needs.

I will flip it around on you and use your own "get a grip" rationalization. After winning the NCC, you should also "get a grip". We played 2 poor teams, neither of which was any good and winning the title doesn't give any indication of how good or bad this team is. Losing by 3+ goals 4 times this season in league play however does give a better indication of how poor we are.

These 2 new DPs aren't going to help us do dick all if a new backline isn't produced to keep the goals out of our net. You'd think this need would have been addressed by now. Instead we were nickel and diming our MVP last year who while nothing special, provided that which we now appreciate, stability and heart.

One more thing...I am tired of people saying that beging negative or complaining is somehow not "backing the team". You know what? I do back the team. I want better for this team and the fans than what we are getting, that's why I say the things I do. "Back the team" should not mean being a simple cheerleader of everything this team does, good or bad. It should mean caring. Caring enough not to allow further damage to the brand, to the fanbase and to the psyche of our players. If you don't think a 5-0 loss completely undoes whatever confidence our players had coming off the NCC win, you're smoking some serious shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And this post reinforces everything I think is wrong with how we support TFC.

TFC has learned that appeasement works instead of addressing fundamental needs.

I will flip it around on you and use your own "get a grip" rationalization. After winning the NCC, you should also "get a grip". We played 2 poor teams, neither of which was any good and winning the title doesn't give any indication of how good or bad this team is. Losing by 3+ goals 4 times this season in league play however does give a better indication of how poor we are.

These 2 new DPs aren't going to help us do dick all if a new backline isn't produced to keep the goals out of our net. You'd think this need would have been addressed by now. Instead we were nickel and diming our MVP last year who while nothing special, provided that which we now appreciate, stability and heart.

One more thing...I am tired of people saying that beging negative or complaining is somehow not "backing the team". You know what? I do back the team. I want better for this team and the fans than what we are getting, that's why I say the things I do. "Back the team" should not mean being a simple cheerleader of everything this team does, good or bad. It should mean caring. Caring enough not to allow further damage to the brand, to the fanbase and to the psyche of our players. If you don't think a 5-0 loss completely undoes whatever confidence our players had coming off the NCC win, you're smoking some serious shit.
    Who is cheering for this result? I'm pretty sure people are looking to see improvement. Like how 2 DP's are going to improve the team. Will it improve enough? That's to be seen but it will improve by a margin.

Will that be enough for every one of us to be happy about raised ticket prices? Fuck no. I am not appeased by 2 DP's. I have hope for improvement.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Who is cheering for this result?
    I never said anyone was cheering for the result. Please don't mischaracterize my position.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said anyone was cheering for the result. Please don't mischaracterize my position.

"Back the team" should not mean being a simple cheerleader of everything this team does, good or bad.
    It was a bad result. I'm not cheering it. No one is. And you were saying people think that's the way to support. I disagree. If you have been mischaracterized feel free to elucidate because the above is the overall impression.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It was a bad result. I'm not cheering it. No one is. And you were saying people think that's the way to support. I disagree. If you have been mischaracterized feel free to elucidate because the above is the overall impression.

Wow. Simply wow. When you you dissect so specifically to the point where you actually break-up a word to change the entire meaning of the statement, it's really doing something special.

Heathen

The complaining on this thread isn't because we lost, it's because we lost 5-0. Honestly does anyone believe there'd be as much dissent if we'd lost 2-0, 3-1? I wasn't expecting to get much from the game but being blown out regardless of roster, injuries etc is never acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One point out, yes. But every team we're fighting with has 2-4 games in hand on us, so not really only one point out. The schedule thus far is flattering to our place in the standings, unbelievable as that sounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players tonight who showed some skill - Plata.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

schedule does not get much easier either. if winter does not make victory over two legs in the cl qualifier his priority then he must go. i have little confidence in him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

men against boys.

ugly..not worth typing any more about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post game analysis:

Next!