Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default worst decision ever

if you get a chance check out the opening goal in tonight's rsl v ne game. absolutely the worst combo linesman & refereeing decision i think i have ever seen. in a nutshell....

ne goal kick leads to clean break in on goal by striker who was almost 10 yards offside on goal kick. then rsl defender makes up ground and cleanly breaks up play yet referee inexplicably awards penalty and sends defender off. absolutely scandalous, even by mls standards.

-------------------------------

i erred. as somebody said on other thread a player cannot be offside on a goal kick, so the linesman gets off with a warning this time. referee's blunder still stands.
    Last edited by boysblue; 07-04-2011 at 08:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boysblue View Post
    if you get a chance check out the opening goal in tonight's rsl v ne game. absolutely the worst combo linesman & refereeing decision i think i have ever seen. in a nutshell....

ne goal kick leads to clean break in on goal by striker who was almost 10 yards offside on goal kick. then rsl defender makes up ground and cleanly breaks up play yet referee inexplicably awards penalty and sends defender off. absolutely scandalous, even by mls standards.

-------------------------------

i erred. as somebody said on other thread a player cannot be offside on a goal kick, so the linesman gets off with a warning this time. referee's blunder still stands.
    It was from a goal kick. Meaning he wasnt offside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't be offside on a goal kick...just like RockTML said.