Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    I know some on this board think they'll get cheaper tickets...possibly game day and or scalpers......but keep in mind scalpers won't go near this ticket as it won't be sold out.....the only way to get a cheaper ticket is if someone buys tickets and then can't make it to the game, remember not part of STH package.....more FYI than anything......If MLSE prices this one wrong I predict a very empty BMO which would be a shame
    These weren't sold out last year either, and there were plenty of scalpers. I really don't have any idea why anyone in their right mind would buy a package so they can sit in their own seats. I understand you love them, but you can go game-by-game with Ticketmaster and still get your own, or better yet, buy something cheap and just move to whatever seat you want during the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    As far I remember TFC FO announced last winter there will be price freeze for 2012.
    After what? a 30% increase this year...that's still a 15% and a 13% increase over two years...borderline if not unethical

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    After what? a 30% increase this year...that's still a 15% and a 13% increase over two years...borderline if not unethical
    Ya, the price freeze is a bit of joke. So after essentially doubling the prices from season one, they are rewarding us with a price freeze.

Even with a 'price freeze' the price goes up because the home opener probably won't be 'free' again.

And if they add another league home game with Montreal coming in that's another reason to raise the overall price.

So in the end a price freeze isn't always a price freeze.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 07-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I would understand if just the supporters and light greys went up because tickets there are still a fantastic deal at under $21 a game. Increasing the all ready way overpriced tickets just blows my mind, why are people paying that kind of money for such a weak product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    30% ... the biggest increase was in supporters, and it was only 11.8% there. It was 11% in light-grey and 3% or less in the other sections.

Less even if you include account for the first-game free ...

I don't agree with the price increases ... but I don't see the need to exagerate.

The reason the price increased seemed higher initially, is the increase from the 18-game package to the 22-game package.

Unethical?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    You know, I would understand if just the supporters and light greys went up because tickets there are still a fantastic deal at under $21 a game. Increasing the all ready way overpriced tickets just blows my mind, why are people paying that kind of money for such a weak product.
    Huh? Light greys are $750 per seat, dude. You think that's a fantastic deal? Because my wallet would beg to differ.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Huh? Light greys are $750 per seat, dude. You think that's a fantastic deal? Because my wallet would beg to differ.
    That number seems high? South end seasons were $376 per seat this year. Isn't light grey the next level up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    30% ... the biggest increase was in supporters, and it was only 11.8% there. It was 11% in light-grey and 3% or less in the other sections.

Less even if you include account for the first-game free ...

I don't agree with the price increases ... but I don't see the need to exagerate.

The reason the price increased seemed higher initially, is the increase from the 18-game package to the 22-game package.

Unethical?
    We also lost the concacaf game that used to be free. So I remember doing the math taking everything into consideration and the results came out to somewhere in the middle of what you are saying and what he is saying. If you calculate price/per game which is the only way to calculate it properly then yes, it's borderline unethical how much the prices have gone up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original plan was an over 30% increase, based on overall package price.

It wasn't until the multiple changes did it lower to a 15% increase in overall package price.

A lot of people aren't going to pull out their calculator and find out what the increase is in cost/game.

Unethical?
    I think the way the MLS Cup tickets were handled was definitely unethical.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 07-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Someone must have screwed you ... renewals in light-grey were $416 per seat!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mid-greys are $750 per seat this year, for a new season ticket holder. That's what I have. A bit cheaper for renewals. Light greys are less as mentiond.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    A lot of people aren't going to pull out their calculator and find out what the increase is in cost/game.
    Indeed ... there is one born every minute. However they shouldn't be out there pulling out their calculator and proclaiming that ticket prices went up 30% last year, which is clearly not true.

So if you want to play the package game, instead of the actual price increase ... with no MLS cup next year ... and no signs of a friendly, the 19-game Supporters section ticket would drop from $416 last season ($437 for those that didn't take the one game free renewal) to $399. Are we going to all complain at the price decrease?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed ... there is one born every minute. However they shouldn't be out there pulling out their calculator and proclaiming that ticket prices went up 30% last year, which is clearly not true.

So if you want to play the package game, instead of the actual price increase ... with no MLS cup next year ... and no signs of a friendly, the 19-game Supporters section ticket would drop from $416 last season ($437 for those that didn't take the one game free renewal) to $399. Are we going to all complain at the price decrease?
    It has nothing to do with being a sucker. $433 is a lot more than $323 from the season before. The club was so arrogant they though nobody would care.

South end tickets are $376 this year (that includes MLS Cup)

I think the 2012 package will most likely be 20 games (18 MLS games + 2 NCC games). So that would be $380.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 07-06-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it's $19 for my light grey seats.
    Could be worse I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$17 for Supporters section ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually surprised they didn't bundle this with possible group stage games.

I think they still could have gone cheaper with this game,
    Like cheap enough to fill seats and get lot's of people interested in the possibility of Champions League games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'm actually surprised they didn't bundle this with possible group stage games.
    I'm VERY PLEASED these are not grouped together...

I find the price EXTREMELY FAIR...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you cant pay 20 freakin BONES to see TFC in CCL action then get fucked.

summer mid week action.
    arguably better opposition and international competition and coverage.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm out of town for that game anyway.
    So at least I don't have to commit to these tickets in order to get group stage tix.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn it, only lets me buy my tickets, going to have to call in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually made them lower than what we pay for MLS regular season games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure how anyone can complain at those packages.

These prices are extreamly fair.

Buy your tickets and come to the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay your only allowed your seats. If someone isn't going can you give me your pair in the supporters section (preferably 112-114) and i'll emt you the money?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pricing is good on the low end, only thing I would have changed is the midrange and high end tickets increase too much. No way they sell thousands of seats for $40 and up...thats 3/4 of the stadium priced at over $40. I think we'll see 12,000 for this match.

I'd like to see them really get on promotion for this match, I think that's been lacking for the NCC matches and CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 of my 6 seats are in the $44/per seat range, the other 2 in supporters. Since I normally sell the tickets to friends (which has been difficult this year), I think I am just going to buy 2 seats on game day, probably get them at a discount.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Pricing is good on the low end, only thing I would have changed is the midrange and high end tickets increase too much. No way they sell thousands of seats for $40 and up...thats 3/4 of the stadium priced at over $40. I think we'll see 12,000 for this match.

I'd like to see them really get on promotion for this match, I think that's been lacking for the NCC matches and CCL.
    The account exec i spoke to was confident it would be 20,000+. I laughed. Maybe they sell 10000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

44/seat for my seats in dark grey. Not bad... lower than usual. No ticketmaster charges, thank the footy gods for that. Just bought 'em. I spent $100 taking my girlfriend to dinner the other night at O+B. I'll have more fun at the game. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pricing looks reasonable but I'm predicting a tiny crowd. Can't see the regular fan splashing out on this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm...does anyone else notice that the tickets are already in their list of games and they've been invoiced? It now says I have an outstanding balance yet I haven't decided if I want to go or not.