Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tickets Price for July 27th game and CCL ?

So I figured (I was naive) that TFC FO would give us the July 27th game for free to all STH (similiar to a few years ago). But i was wrong. They are going to contact us this week asking for more money from us. In the past, I have always bought the CCL tickets, but this year, I am thinking its probably cheaper to pick one up from a scalper on game day.

Tickets for July 27

Toronto FC sales and service team will begin contacting season seat holders via email this week to secure their seats for the vital July 27 clash, as the Reds seek entry into the group stage of CONCACAF's premier club competition.

Members of other waiting lists and Toronto FC Insider will be contacted shortly after season seat holders and before the public sale.
    I think they may have a tough time selling these tickets.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to be fair to the club, we asked them to have them removed from our season ticket package.

I'm wondering what the cost will be?

A few years back purchasing these would be a no brainer. But I think I will wait until game day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping they'd be free, but as long as there is no ransom attached to it, whatever...

I'm away on vacation that week- if they call and say "if you dont buy this match, you can't purchase group stage tickets" I'll be pissed...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would they be free? Once we won, I knew the announcement would go out the next day. The only free game promised was the league game this year in our seasons package. They're not going to give us 2 free games.

Carts...I wouldn't hold my breath. I totally expect the group stage to be packaged somehow with this qualifier. And frankly, it's understandable. It's all Champions League games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is you buy a ticket to the Prelim Qualifier and if they win you get charged for the three home games in the group stage. From what I remember the CCL games were very fairly priced last time around. I feel like I only paid $15/game in 115 last time around. Which was a pretty big discount because I believe the single game tickets in the south were $23, again I could be wrong. not a bad price too when you consider we get to play Pumas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be nice if they gave us $10 tickets or something. How many people were at the last qualifier? 6000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Well, to be fair to the club, we asked them to have them removed from our season ticket package.

This is the reason why. We asked not to be charged for all games and the club listened. Good on them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they will give you the Esteli game for free if you commit to the 3 CL games that would follow, if they get through. Just a guess.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Carts...I wouldn't hold my breath. I totally expect the group stage to be packaged somehow with this qualifier. And frankly, it's understandable. It's all Champions League games.
    I'm not, and I'd package them together too if I was running a team - I'm just trying to tailor make this to my personal schedule!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I was hoping they'd be free, but as long as there is no ransom attached to it, whatever...

I'm away on vacation that week- if they call and say "if you dont buy this match, you can't purchase group stage tickets" I'll be pissed...
    I never had any expectation that these tickets would be free but I certainly hope the ransom part is not attached to it as well. If they do force the group stage games on anyone that wants to buy for the preliminary round then it will drive down ticket sales like it did last time and piss a bunch of people off. If they were smart they wouldn't want to risk it especially with this past year's whole thing about the renewals and how many games people wanted in their package. They should know by now that people don't like to be tied into buying other stuff. I think if they sold the prelim's on their own then group stage as a package if we make it then it would sell better. If they try to tie it together people will decline and buy games as they come I bet.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We get FC Dallas-style turnouts at the qualifiers and even at the group stage. I'm out of the country for the second half of this month so I'll miss July 27, but I'll just buy walkups to the other ones (assuming we go through).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I feel like I only paid $15/game in 115 last time around.
    I'm pretty sure it was $19.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I never had any expectation that these tickets would be free but I certainly hope the ransom part is not attached to it as well. If they do force the group stage games on anyone that wants to buy for the preliminary round then it will drive down ticket sales like it did last time and piss a bunch of people off. If they were smart they wouldn't want to risk it especially with this past year's whole thing about the renewals and how many games people wanted in their package. They should know by now that people don't like to be tied into buying other stuff. I think if they sold the prelim's on their own then group stage as a package if we make it then it would sell better. If they try to tie it together people will decline and buy games as they come I bet.

That was the case last year and I'm sure they will do it again.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Champions League Tickets - How Much?

Champions League Tickets - How Much?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/07/how-much/

I speculate as to how TFC will price CONCACAF Champions League tickets now that they have over 20,000 seats to sell and only three weeks in which to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well said! I hope someone from the FO is reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a real window into what we can expect for our 2012 renewal price. If the club does not show some common sense with this game then I don't expect they will in the future.
    Last edited by Dave67; 07-04-2011 at 12:07 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I don't want the ticket to be less than an MLS match. These games are more important to me. I would like to see it priced at the lowest MLS game price because of demand, though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My current level of disinterest continues unabated.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    That was the case last year and I'm sure they will do it again.
    I dunno, I'm not so confident that we will make it through to the next round based on our performance this year (Whitecaps games excepted). I don't think FO would be willing to cut everyone cheques if they make you pay up front and don't win.

Of course they could spin that as "apply it to next years season tickets", but that would cause such a backlash it would be inconceivable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing of note, the supporters section during the CCL was top notch. The rest of the stadium may have almost been empty but the supporters was rammed and full of actual supporters instead of scalpers/tourists. The Cruz Azul game is still top 5 BMO Field experience for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I dunno, I'm not so confident that we will make it through to the next round based on our performance this year (Whitecaps games excepted). I don't think FO would be willing to cut everyone cheques if they make you pay up front and don't win.

Of course they could spin that as "apply it to next years season tickets", but that would cause such a backlash it would be inconceivable.
    They didn't make you pay up-front last year. However, if you purchased tickets for the play-in qualifier (via the SSH deal), and TFC qualified for the next round, then money for that round's home games would be automatically deducted from your credit card. Denime felt they would probably do that again this year.

You could however wait, and purchase single tickets to the play-in qualifier, at a slightly higher cost, but no commitment for the following games (what I did). Or you could buy them off this board etc.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's where the NY Red Bulls have it right. Playoff and "Bonus" games are all included in your season ticket price. I mentioned that to my Rep who said that they (NY) are paying for it somehow.

True except that their per game price is still lower than mine and that's without playoff games.

If these CCL tickets are priced with anything other than a DEEP discount, I'm not sure we'll crack the 10,000 mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going anywhere near these tickets. If I feel like going, I have no doubt I will find some free ones or half price tickets for these games. I am NEVER buying TFC tickets for CCL again at full price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the CCL matches will be a tough sell, primarily because they are optional, and the general fan base outside of the supporter groups does not care about the tournament.

Personally, I would prefer a deep run in Champions League as opposed to a run in the MLS Playoffs, but I know I am in the minority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO may be thinking with two new dp's that demand will be up. Lets see how it goes...i would expect the tickets to be for about $18 or less for STHs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I agree that the CCL matches will be a tough sell, primarily because they are optional, and the general fan base outside of the supporter groups does not care about the tournament.

Personally, I would prefer a deep run in Champions League as opposed to a run in the MLS Playoffs, but I know I am in the minority.
    I am with you there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    One thing of note, the supporters section during the CCL was top notch. The rest of the stadium may have almost been empty but the supporters was rammed and full of actual supporters instead of scalpers/tourists. The Cruz Azul game is still top 5 BMO Field experience for me.
    Agree. The atmosphere in the south end for that Cruz Azul game was fantastic, because the make up the south end was changed for it dramatically. That game gave a glimpse of how the south end should/could be if the FO could find a way to make it happen. Get that going every week and the rest of the stadium would fill up just for the atmosphere I think. It would be 2007 all over again, but much better organized.

The gate 3 post game for that Azul game was also one of the best I have ever seen. Good times.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'd be in a minority around here...

In the city of Toronto, sure - but I think its more of a case that a lot of casuals don't understand the importance of the Champions League...

They grew up in North American sports where your league trophy (based on winning the playoffs) is the thing to win...

I think we'd need an actual CCL Title before we change many people's minds...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I
    I don't know how anyone could not find progressing in Champions League exciting. I watched the Real Salt Lake vs Monterrey game and it was fantastic. When TFC gets that far I hope the fans turn up like the ones in Utah did.

Two of the best TFC games I've been to in the past 4 years were CL games last year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I am with you there.
    Me too. Not coming from a play-off style country, I'd take the supporters' shield every now and again (!) and a regular CCL run above anything else (although by default that means we'd need to win the NCC every season I guess!).
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed