Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pregame: 6 July TFC@NYRB 8pm

Can the Reds get something out of NY? Confidence in the team says good chance, but NYRB is pretty damn good. Both teams have issues on defence with TFC may be down to playing some patchwork team for CB pairing, and NYRB has GK issues atm.

Should be an entertaining game
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After the optimism two wins in a row against the worst team in the league brings, I say a trip to NY brings us back to earth.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key problem is central defence with Harden hobbling off like he did. If the back four gets sorted out OK (big if this time unfortunately) I suspect the arrival of the two DPs will provide plenty of motivation elsewhere (two out of six starters in midfield and attack will soon be dropping to the bench with a further two subs dropping out of the 18 game day squad to make way for them on the bench), so good things could happen where getting a result is concerned given it's a short trip by plane within the same timezone so none of the travel issues faced when playing against teams out west should apply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL WE NEED IS PLATA!

Nah in all seriousness this will be tough and maybe a step too far for the squad we will have for this game, how serious is Santos' injury?

Maybe Gordon will be fit anyways, and hopefully we have a strong back 4 ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be tough with a depleted roster and the 3rd game in a week...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna be a tough game but NYRB have been under performing, I say a draw is a likely result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Gordon is back we'll be more competitive but I think they'll break their poor run given we're thin at the back. 3-1 NY.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tough to win this , the boys will be EXHAUSTED, but there is a team spirit, that can hopefully, with luck find a draw...we're rebuilding here, hold the parades.....this slow cohesion is actually very promising and realistic...........and I believe sincere
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    tough to win this , the boys will be EXHAUSTED, but there is a team spirit, that can hopefully, with luck find a draw...we're rebuilding here, hold the parades.....this slow cohesion is actually very promising and realistic...........and I believe sincere
    I predect the new regime starts with a well earned road draw.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My starting 11:

--------------Frei------------------

Gargan--- Eckersley--- Tchani---Borman

Sturgis------JDG--------Yourassowsky

Soolsma-----Gordon------ Plata
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the good thing is NYRB can't sign a keeper before Wednesday. Coundoul has been awful.

Watch the highlights of the NYRB-SJ game last night.... Coundoul was so shaky.

NYRB played very well in the first half but dumb goaltending and defending mistakes cost them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not expecting anything from this game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking we will probably lose this game by 2 goals. I'd love to be surprised though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry and marquez didn't play last night so maybe they will still be out. NYRB are very shaky at the back and a result isn't out of the question.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Henry and marquez didn't play last night so maybe they will still be out. NYRB are very shaky at the back and a result isn't out of the question.
    Nyrb plays well in spurts but rarely play consistently the entire game. They have like 1 win in 10 games or something with a lot of draws
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will be very tough going on the road after playing as many games as we have in a short time plus our injuries.

Confidence does wonders though and I'm hoping we can take advantage of NY's weaknesses at the back and capitalize when we get the chance. If we could we could walk away with a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad NY is flying back from an away game.... no advantage on TFC of a week's rest.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    My starting 11:

--------------Frei------------------

Gargan--- Eckersley--- Tchani---Borman

Sturgis------JDG--------Yourassowsky

Soolsma-----Gordon------ Plata
    Could easily wind up being that but I'm not sure the Tchani and Eckersley combo looked the part in central defence against Vancouver. The top half dozen MLS sides like RNBY probably would have grabbed the required equalizer, in my opinion. Hassli's miss late on was particularly worrisome in terms of how the back four was playing as a unit. Swapping Tchani and Sturgis might also be worth a try, if as is probably sensible Henry is not seen as being a viable option at this stage of his development as a player. After the RSL game it should be a case of working hard in training and reserve games for a few weeks/months before potentially getting another crack at it down the road. Suspect it may be Martina initially up top (who actually did fairly OK against the Caps, in my opinion) with Gordon being a second half sub and potentially getting the start on the weekend in Houston.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I was also wondering about trying Sturgis at CB. Seems like he might be the least bad option there.

No matter what, I think we have to go easy on the team if they get ripped apart down the middle tomorrow night.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^I was also wondering about trying Sturgis at CB. Seems like he might be the least bad option there.

No matter what, I think we have to go easy on the team if they get ripped apart down the middle tomorrow night.
    Sturgis has played CB and both FB positions before (like I said, the new Pozniak lol)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with Sturgis as CB we don't have a hight in defense.Who will challenge NYRB on crossed balls? Tchani brings some size at the back that we might need.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely the potential drawback with Sturgis but who is RBNY's tall targetman that would be a major problem that way in open play? Couldn't think of one but don't watch them that often so don't claim to be an expert on how they might approach the game. On dead ball situations think it's easy enough to still match height for height.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Height is useful at CB, true, but so are other things. Rapids did win the league with Wynne at CB.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tchani is no CB. In the game Saturday he looked tentative and was out of position a few times. I would hope they start Henry ahead of Tchani for sure.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounding like a broken record here, but I'd be pleasantly surprised with a draw here. I think 2-0 or 2-1 NYRB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Height is useful at CB, true, but so are other things. Rapids did win the league with Wynne at CB.
    It helps that Wynne can jump very well, and is super fast to cleanup anybody's screw-ups including his own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always love being in the minority, so I'll play the optimist card today.

1-1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You call that being an optimist?
    2-1 Toronto!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its Bouna time!!! Coundoul is horrible - just shoot every opportunity you get and hope for a rebound.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was pleasantly surprised with the way martina played, he had that barrett killer instinct coupled with that barrett ability to come up short every time.

id sorta like to see him featured in the lineup if he could net one.