Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be a tough game. I think the combination of Agudelo, Richards, and Henry will create sufficient problems to keep our wingbacks at home which have been a necessary tool for us to start the attack.

If you get to Coundoul, he is shaky, but I haven't seen this team create many chances on an average week. Expect NY to play more of a 4-4-2 and use their speed out wide to cause us fits.

2-0 NY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Its Bouna time!!! Coundoul is horrible - just shoot every opportunity you get and hope for a rebound.
    I tend to agree, just strike the ball as often as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have been nice for Wednesday's opponent to be another team near the bottom of the standings...

Nothing breeds winning like winning...

NYRB are a strong club, we're on the road, this will be tough...

I think almost as important as a result is strong showing... Keep the feeling and momentum of playing well going, even in a 2-1 defeat...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put $10 on Toronto winning...if it comes off I get $85, heart not head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. where did you make that bet, id like to get in on that action
    2. McCartney is right, the performance is almost as important as the result, taking any points from the game would be fantastic but if we can keep spirits high leading to the Houston game that may be a win in itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgs88 View Post
    1. where did you make that bet, id like to get in on that action
    2. McCartney is right, the performance is almost as important as the result, taking any points from the game would be fantastic but if we can keep spirits high leading to the Houston game that may be a win in itself
    StanJames.com

15/2 to win I believe

I done them to win and I done a double with them drawing and Colarados game being a draw

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone going to Joe's tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think we'll win, but the lads have confidence and could feasibly play for a draw.

That's assuming our D doesn't get shredded by New York.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Tchani is no CB. In the game Saturday he looked tentative and was out of position a few times. I would hope they start Henry ahead of Tchani for sure.
    YES PLEASE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tchani is no CB. In the game Saturday he looked tentative and was out of position a few times. I would hope they start Henry ahead of Tchani for sure.
    He almost cost us the cup!

Start Henry not Tchani as CB if Harden is out. But having Henry and Eckersley your CB's isn't going to do much either. We might need to play "negative football" and score on the counter because our backline is so weak.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus far, we haven't been seeing consistent efforts.
    Solid one week, shit the next.
    I hope that stops tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is the probable line up for he game

Gargan-------Eks------harden-----Borman
    sturgis
    -------yourass---------deguz---------
    soolsma--------------------plata---
    --------------gordon---------------

the word is that harden trained with the first team on Tuesday
    Gordon as well. Gordon was set to come in the NCC game on Sat but yourass scored the go ahead goal and was able to be rested a few more days. Deguz was subed 87' for henry and i this he did play his best game for a TFC uniform on SAT. Could be wrong about the line-up but thats why I am not managing and winter is.
    My prediction for the match is 1-0 TFC
    THIS TEAM WILL PUT TOGETHER A BACK TO BACK ELECTRIC PROFORMANCE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think almost as important as a result is strong showing... Keep the feeling and momentum of playing well going, even in a 2-1 defeat...
    Well spoken, Keepin our sprits up going forward is key.

This will be a hard fought match and I truly feel TFC can get a result away from home, if they play with the heart they did in the NCC. Espicaly if we go down a early goal.

My hopes are high, and I'm putting money on this game beacuse the odd's look way to nice

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be that I was hallucinating given the drink I was having, but 99 pct sure I saw Martina on Queen St today, so I don't think he's traveled with the team to NYC. Not a huge loss given his road form, but if you're not taking the backup wing/attackers with you, my bet is you're playing for a draw.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in other bad news, there's talk (see interview with Tchani on the TFC website) that we're going to have Tchani play at back marking fucking Thierry Henry. Bad idea jeans.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Could be that I was hallucinating given the drink I was having, but 99 pct sure I saw Martina on Queen St today
    It was the drink. He's got a doppelgänger, who plays ultimate frisbee (barf) in Bellwoods all the time

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in other bad news, there's talk (see interview with Tchani on the TFC website) that we're going to have Tchani play at back marking fucking Thierry Henry. Bad idea jeans.
    Important to bear in mind that it's only happening because the top four centre backs on the depth chart are all out injured right now and Doneil Henry is probably still too inexperienced given what happened against RSL to be thrown in at the deep end on that. The other obvious option is Nathan Sturgis and that has its potential drawbacks as well. The Toronto FC TV clip brought up a valid point. Tchani is more familiar with RBNY players having played alongside them and more importantly played against them in all sorts of situations in training. If Harden isn't ready yet I suspect that might be the factor that sways Winter's selection decision.
    Last edited by CSO_BBTB; 07-06-2011 at 01:47 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be that I was hallucinating given the drink I was having, but 99 pct sure I saw Martina on Queen St today, so I don't think he's traveled with the team to NYC. Not a huge loss given his road form, but if you're not taking the backup wing/attackers with you, my bet is you're playing for a draw.
    TFC is flying to NY today,so probably you did saw Martina last night.

and I think Tchani will defend better vs Thierry Henry than Doneil Henry, Tchani is more experienced , plus he knows NYRB better than most of TFC players.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no more Henry at CB....he's been SHREDDED the past 2 times he's played there, responsible for all 3 goals against the last time he played there...he even makes Harden look capable....he's clearly not ready yet, but IMO has a bright future...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    It was the drink. He's got a doppelgänger, who plays ultimate frisbee (barf) in Bellwoods all the time
    No, wrong part of Queen. I was at Le Canard Mort in Leslieville, so Queen East, but it was definitely him, which would match the points others are making.

As for Tchani, if Nate Sturgis and Doneil Henry are your only other options, then I guess Tchani will have to do, but it certainly doesn't bode well for the scoreline, yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's going to make a difference that Tchani knows the Red bull players.

He isn't a CB. If you don't practice and play there everyday the first thing that will be exposed will be his positioning. Against a team like NY that can score and has scored a ton, this will likely cause serious problems.

I don't doubt Tchani's athletic ability, height and to some degree, his tackling...he will just have his head spinning a bit tonight and it will be difficult for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Please no more Henry at CB....he's been SHREDDED the past 2 times he's played there, responsible for all 3 goals against the last time he played there...he even makes Harden look capable....he's clearly not ready yet, but IMO has a bright future...
    I agree he didn't look great on the goals but how else is the kid going to learn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on you Reds !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    It's only the Salt Lake game that he looked out of depth against Sabario. The three games before he looked more than capable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's going to make a difference that Tchani knows the Red bull players.

He isn't a CB. If you don't practice and play there everyday the first thing that will be exposed will be his positioning. Against a team like NY that can score and has scored a ton, this will likely cause serious problems.

I don't doubt Tchani's athletic ability, height and to some degree, his tackling...he will just have his head spinning a bit tonight and it will be difficult for him.
    I think that it might be an idea for us to field two players capable of slotting into the position, so that, if one is positionally failing, the other can have a go. We might avoid needing to make a change, early on.. but that doesn't eliminate it as a possibility/probability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    Come on you Reds !!!

YESIR, make me happy as a fan and make me RICHER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Guz isn't in with the team today. A friend just saw him at his new residence in Toronto
    Last edited by GhostKiller; 07-06-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    De Guz isn't in with the team today. A friend just saw him at his new residence in Toronto
    Winter said at practice yesterday that he didn't train, not a surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Winter said at practice yesterday that he didn't train, not a surprise.
    I thought after the V cup he would be at least traveling with the team. Did he pick up a knock during the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I thought after the V cup he would be at least traveling with the team. Did he pick up a knock during the game?
    I don't know specifically what he hurt but it's a leg problem. According to the tfc site last night maicon is also questionable. Uh oh.
    Last edited by habstfc; 07-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.