Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

altho a 90% full stadium is probably fine for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I'd get this out there, I think Robert should have been the man of the match; I thought he had a magnificent game which was highlighted by his shot from half, and that MAGNIFICENT free kick that just barely msised. I thought he showed great hussle today too. Honorable mentions go out to Ibbe, Edwards, Sutton, HARMSE (YES THAT'S RIGHT! HE HAD A GREAT GAME), and Ricketts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Btw, the attendance at tonight's game was 18,097. That's pretty lousy when one considers that 16,000 tickets were as good as sold months ago. Only 2,000 of the remaining 4,000 ducats got picked up. TFC is going to have to lower its prices if it wants to sell out these friendlies.
    Yup.

$70 is the cheapest ticket available on ticketmaster.

Who are they trying to kid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosenlund really struggled tonight. Consistently playing the ball poorly and making poor decisions. He gave up the ball far too much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance, supporters chanting and passion on the pitch for the second half was better than I thought it would be.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    think Robert should have been the man of the match; I thought he had a magnificent game which was highlighted by his shot from half, and that MAGNIFICENT free kick that just barely msised. (YES THAT'S RIGHT! HE HAD A GREAT GAME), and Ricketts.
    Agreed.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn i wished robert scored from half.. that goalie just pissed me off for some reason.
    I thought Ibbe played well (alot better than i expected) and even Harmse had a good game... to bad about the penalty at the end.

Oh well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I had to say it Harmse is shite. I can't stand him. Not very good on teh ball, very clumsy in tackles and really does not do much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back from the game and it was frustrating. I liked Robert in a more central role, he held the game up and distributed appropriately; it seems a better fit than on the wing.

Cunny - what can I say. I don't know what is wrong with him. During half-time he was practicing taking a cross and placing it on net (and he couldn't get it on target).

During the second half:

• he had a beautiful cross onto the foot inside the 6 and he managed to tap it wide
    • he had a nice ball put up the field for him to chase but he checked his watch, the linesman, defenders (to make sure linesman was right, and that he had an opportunity) and our team (to see if someone else could run) before he turned on it. For a quick guy, he lost to a defender who had to run an angle.
    • I'll give him credit for the PK, he put it on target

Cunny - we want your success, we cheer for it, but we can't play the ball for you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That goalie pissed you off because he was dressed like a pirate - aaargh!

Fuck did we ever give him a hard time in 115. He was laughing and looking at us like he was watching stand up comedy. At least up until the shootout. Then the fans got nasty and so did he. He invited us on to the pitch between shots - and not in a nice way. We definitly got into his head.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harmse had a good moment or two but overall he was a liability. He needs to be replaced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was a good game (after the second half, first was crap). Our boys need to chase guys down especially because Pachuca seemed to give up the ball quite easily, that was quite frustrating at times. Rosenlund defo struggled which was a bit saddening, Hemming played so so, had his moments. Gotta say that Robert did really well as did Ricketts. The two players that stuck out for me were Harmse and Smith. The yellow card for Harmse was bullshit (odd that isnt it?). Great to say we didnt get outplayed.

As for Pachucas goalie, we were tempted to scream 'CHEMO' but instead screamed 'Donde esta (hair, ive forgotten the word in spanish, people were kind enough to supply that) as well as baldy. During the shootout dude was SPAZZING cuz of some shit people were screaming at him. It was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that tender from Pachuca asked for it and got it... Up until the penalties, when he was worried.... LOL

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back myself. For me Hemming was MoM; he was constantly running his nuts off and linking up well with Smith. Harmse was hit and miss, Roseland was the lone disappointment out of the rookie players.

Cunny... What can I say? A striker that can't put in a PK....

I can see why Lombardo would consider asking to leave. Ibbe has gobs of talent and is half his age. If we can keep this kid, he's going to be huge for us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Cunny, fucking useless.

Jarrod, opportunity knocked & you never answered.

I liked the young 16 year old, some nice touches.

Rickett's why does he always turn inside?

Robert, good when he feels like it, Wish he felt like it more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no comment for cunny. That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cuntingham. and it all comes down to some ego centric twat who puts his goals scored on his shirt.

he's a twat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny - bye bye for sure. He never looked like he could score that penalty nevermind from open play...

Harmse almost had me sold in the first half, but sucked in the second half and fucked up the penalty... Time to say goodbye too.

MoM for me was Robert - He ran, chased, passed, and I would have loved him to score from our half against the biker boy goalie!
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad Cunny missed the penalty. Remember his bullshit hands-on-hips sulking act when Samuel took the penalty in Columbus?

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/i...e.html#comment
    Yeah...I knew that you would.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert and Ibbe had great games. It was my first chance at seeing Ibrahim and I was impressed. Kid worked his ass off.

Cunny and Harmse were the worst players out there. Harmse especially. I hate to rag on a Canadian international, but this guy really stinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I never see that lazy twat Cunningham in a TFC shirt again it'll be too soon. That penalty was embarassing. My 7 year old would have done better!
    Ah well, my life-long dreams of TFC winning the Carlsberg Cup dashed once more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuca had to beat us on penalties, at least that's some consolation in what was a friendly game for a pointless Carlsberg Cup. I certainly won't be losing any sleep over our performance tonight.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harmse played like absolute shite - stolling around the pitch with his head down looking for spare change that might have fallen out of someones pocket! He was flat footed, and with very few exceptions didn't run faster than a feeble trot most of the game. He was as mobile as a post, and for most of the game was looking bewildered by the action going on around him. Harmse was utter crap, and that's being generous!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No complaints from me I had a great day/night you can't be pissed it was a friendly and it was nice to see new faces. Ibby was fucking brilliant I like the young lad and hope to see him soon. Good to see familiar faces at shoeless great night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*desperate look on face*...any Flairs ? smoke bombs ? how did our supporters do when it was penalty time, TELL ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere was great. From the NEE on one side to the south end supporters singing the whole game long.

And it got REALLY loud during the penalties.

For a friendly...it was lots of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad we didn't have Colin Samuel for the spot kicks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's try to get this right from the start, folks....Abdus Ibrahim's nickname is "Ibee". Not "Ibbe" or "Ibby".

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to set the record straight.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Section 107 the voices from the south end were loud and impressive! It's also nice to see the south-east sections really starting to get into it as well. Everyone sounded great all game, and the atmosphere was fantastic during the penalties. A job well done...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    Let's try to get this right from the start, folks....Abdus Ibrahim's nickname is "Ibee". Not "Ibbe" or "Ibby".

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to set the record straight.
    Thanks for the clarification