Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really impressed with Pachuca's passing, it was pinpoint, like tic tac toe, Toronto has some great chances, just did not finish.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looked in... The officials should be able to see that. Nice!

Cunny sucks again. Seriously, he's missed so many chances it's beyond comical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my vantage point...

I thought Ibee had a great game however as has been mentioned he needs some experience. There is no doubt that he has some serious natural ability and will be dangerous with time.

Harmse to me looked 50/50. At times he made great plays and others he looked surprised when passes were coming his way and generally not focused. Contrary to popular belief so far I didn't think that whole ball got across the line.

Edwards was great in the PK's and he really does have some great instincts for a really really young keeper.

Rosenlund needs some work mildly put. And Carver was seriously pissed at him for constantly turning backwards and not pushing the ball up the pitch.

Robert was great last night all around. I wish that he did catch Calero on that long ball, it was a beauty to watch.

I was really impressed that overall TFC was able to match the pace from Pachuca. I am not sure that they were really going full speed but the young guys matched them well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    What freakin' game were you AT!! Harmse strolled around the pitch for great gobs of time with his head down, seamingly unaware of WHERE the play was or what he should do! He had ONE good run up the side and little else. For most of the match he seemed timid and unsure, and judging by the penalty, he's been watchinig Cunningham FAR to long. I'd call him a dick, but that would be insulting to most dicks
    Thank you a 1000xs over. I said the EXACT same thing to my buddy last night. He never seemed to know where the ball was half the game. Last time I disliked a player this much it was Valez, so hopefully he can turn it around just like Marco did.

And, Mr. Cunningham, I'm an avid, almost blind supporter of the US guys on our team during their ups and downs. But, you just need to go away and not come back.

Ever.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought TFC didn't attack enough the first half. second half they seemed more agressive to me.
    they played hard don't get me wrong.
    there was a gentleman in front of me that has two of his kids in 113 to see the match from the supporters section. since I've got my one paw in a splint still (oh it better be coming off tomorrow or I'm just taking it off!) I couldn't exactly throw streamers that well. so I handed em off to his kids, and let the one kid wear my scarf.
    to me that made the game for me just seeing the smiles on the kids faces when I did that for em.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that harmse PK was in for sure.. my dad was freaking out. we're in 110 right on the goal line, and it looked like the ref was shaking his head after it hit the bar, and not paying attention to the bounce... good game, really entertaining, but we should have won it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I couldn't exactly throw streamers that well. so I handed em off to his kids, and let the one kid wear my scarf.
    to me that made the game for me just seeing the smiles on the kids faces when I did that for em.
    Awww...warm fuzzies. Good on ya.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC playing their reserves played Pachuca tough and deserved a better fate against the current Champions of Concacaf. sad part was i had to leve earlt half was through the penalty kicks to catch the go...come on TFC get games back to 7pm FFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuca played kept the ball well and had good touches but that was expected but they kept the ball without a purpose a lot of times.

I thought TFC played well especially considering the line up. If the likes of Robbo, Amado (who sat next to me in the stands watching) and Wynee were playing they could of won.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    TFC playing their reserves played Pachuca tough and deserved a better fate against the current Champions of Concacaf. sad part was i had to leve earlt half was through the penalty kicks to catch the go...come on TFC get games back to 7pm FFS
    You did not want to wait for the next one, there was one after that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    You did not want to wait for the next one, there was one after that.

would have missed the greyhound connection to brantford, dam gryhound for leaving TO at 10;30 pm...they should leave a n hr later for sports fans, concerts....or COme TFC if you need penaltys might be played start the game at 7pm i could have seen it all then.... on the good side it was great meeting Velez Marshall, and guevara in 114 thank the fans for goming out has a good chat, asked one player (wont mention+ how he like the field turf...they don't so the TFC players son't like it come on city of TO pot the grass in!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stretchthetruth View Post
    that harmse PK was in for sure.. my dad was freaking out. we're in 110 right on the goal line, and it looked like the ref was shaking his head after it hit the bar, and not paying attention to the bounce... good game, really entertaining, but we should have won it...
    I have the video evidence that we were robbed on that one. I took video of the whole series of penalties, and just reviewed the video - It isn't debateable - my video shows very clearly that the ball went in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I have the video evidence that we were robbed on that one. I took video of the whole series of penalties, and just reviewed the video - It isn't debateable - my video shows very clearly that the ball went in.
    That would be, I believe, the fourth game in a row now that we've been screwed out of a goal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any highlights package out there yet?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Any highlights package out there yet?
    Ya. I want to see the Cup presentation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow....that Harmse shot looks in on the replay. I was standing right behind the net during PK's and I thought it was in for sure....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion, this was a great chance to Whistle, on the opposing players kick, like the Euro's....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo1405 View Post
    in my opinion, this was a great chance to Whistle, on the opposing players kick, like the Euro's....
    We booed instead.

The sound doesn't come through on that shitty YouTube clip, but it was LOUD during the penalties, likely the loudest I've ever heard it at BMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah the booing was rather loud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter and I were in 113 right in front of a few Pachua fans. The good natured cheering and comments going back and forth were really enjoyable. It was a great atmosphere to watch a game in. Before the start of the game a few of the players were in the section shaking hands and getting their pictures taken with the fans. Guevara chatted with the Mexican fans and then sat down behind us and I was able to speak with him for minute or so, I think he would have been content to watch the game form the stands but was told it was time to leave.

I don't understand why Pachuca pulled number 7 off of the left wing and moved him into the centre. He was giving all of the defenders a headache in the first half. The second half was much better to watch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a great time Saturday night....I wasn't expecting much from the game, but i loved the atomosphere....takes it to a new level when you are playing a team from a different country...And I thought the PK's were a nice touch.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta give a shout out to Flush and I think Jack who was drumming on Big Red.
    A family that has 4 seasons seats beside mine couldn't believe the energy coming from 112. When I told them who Flush was and pointed out the Big Red Drum - they were in amazement! Considering how the drumming and singing kept up through the whole game. And... they said it was easy to follow the chants if you kept an eye on Flush - So... guys - GRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAT Job!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed - good job with the drum. There was a guy in 109 leading chants as well but it is amazing how far apart we get on the timing - we need more practise I suppose. It was pretty good atmosphere, for a friendly, we just needed a tailgate to get properly primed!

TFC did a good job considering how many usual starters were sitting. P seemed pretty happy to win that trophy (I just received the official after the game picture and they are still screaming hugging each other!), I guess TFC gave them more of a game than they thought! They took the trophy, though. It was going to be displayed on the Carlsberg patio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Can you do a freeze frame of the video at the point the ball hits the ground?

It needs to be printed up and sent to Petrescu!