Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 403 = Hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 403 = Hell

So todays match ended up taking 11 hours from start to finish,we left London at 3, had a decent drive in, stopped once for a bit - not too bad, left BMO at 9:45ish, dropped a buddy off in Mississauga and took the 403 back... 4 1/2 HOUR DRIVE!!

They had the damn thing down to one lane 3 different times...

Felt like an away game lol.
    Thank fck we won!!

/rant off
    Last edited by Shep; 06-30-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

401 and 427 were sticky on the way in and worse on the way out.

I blame Katy Perry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a nightmare...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit, thanks for the heads up. I'll check the road construction reports before I leave on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lakeshore was a nightmare too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accident on lakeshore,

the construction shep was talking about, and the fact they sent 7 lanes of traffic into 1 lane on the 401 as well did not make for a fun trip home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the 403 all the way to Trafalger and up to 401, worked like a charm last night.

We parked at Lamport and headed down King to the Jameson they actually had the on ramp open to get on the Gardner west bound....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, king st was also closed to outbound traffic due to construction

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you guys considered taking the Lakeshore GO Train to a station outside of the immediate Toronto area to avoid major traffic issues? Drive into Oakville or something, at least then you know your schedule pretty confidently, even if you decide to take a later train.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

traffic has been brutal this summer. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I can't remember it ever being this bad (on the south west side of Toronto)

you know who I blame? Kevvv. Oh and condos.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ yes

traffic is not usually bad like yesterday, it happens only like 1 time a year.

the added time of waiting for the train, the cost when you factor in multiple people in the car, it does not make sense to take the train.

i dont park at BMo and i usually get out fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one day i hope to have a go from Kitchener right to BMO (for a reasonable cost) they have a new go train service starting next year but only two per day and no weekends.. All for the reasonable price of $15 one way, and only taking 2hours to get to Toronto...Its a start, but a long way off from it being the cheap and fast way to travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBrace View Post
    Take the 403 all the way to Trafalger and up to 401, worked like a charm last night.

We parked at Lamport and headed down King to the Jameson they actually had the on ramp open to get on the Gardner west bound....

I've done that before, and it works great but not as fast as just taking 427 to 401 and back to Kitchener.

Except the traffic was crap last night on 401. Must have been an accident or something, it took me 1:45 to get home last night.

Wish I would've checked the traffic report before leaving....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ yes

traffic is not usually bad like yesterday, it happens only like 1 time a year.

the added time of waiting for the train, the cost when you factor in multiple people in the car, it does not make sense to take the train.

i dont park at BMo and i usually get out fine
    ^^ This..

Fun times driving to T.O. when they decide to work on all the major routes at the same time...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rode home on a skateboard.

wheeeeeeee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I've done that before, and it works great but not as fast as just taking 427 to 401 and back to Kitchener.

Except the traffic was crap last night on 401. Must have been an accident or something, it took me 1:45 to get home last night.

Wish I would've checked the traffic report before leaving....
    I usually take the 427 to 401, but wasn't the 401 down to one lane last night for the bridge construction.. That was the reason I went the Trafalgar route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    traffic has been brutal this summer. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I can't remember it ever being this bad (on the south west side of Toronto)

you know who I blame? Kevvv. Oh and condos.

Yeah I've done this a few times and its great but adds an hour to my commute. I would go to Aldershot, drop off the car and take the GO right to BMO. It was great, but with more than 1 person not worth it since 2 tickets is $36 and that is more than the fuel for the trip costs. Take that into 4 or 5 people and its really not worth it.

Oh, and Eric, from what I've heard the GO Train will go down the Georgetown line north of the 401 and will only go to Union and not direct to BMO like the lakeshore line. So we'd also have to take TTC to BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday there was a Katy Perry concert, a Jays game and a TFC game among a number of other smaller things in the area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually take the 427 to 401, but wasn't the 401 down to one lane last night for the bridge construction.. That was the reason I went the Trafalgar route.

That must have been it then, I wasn't aware that that was going to happen. I exited at Hurontario and then re-entered one exit further down and it was all clear after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Alonso;1330789]Yeah I've done this a few times and its great but adds an hour to my commute. I would go to Aldershot, drop off the car and take the GO right to BMO. It was great, but with more than 1 person not worth it since 2 tickets is $36 and that is more than the fuel for the trip costs. Take that into 4 or 5 people and its really not worth it.

Oh, and Eric, from what I've heard the GO Train will go down the Georgetown line north of the 401 and will only go to Union and not direct to BMO like the lakeshore line. So we'd also have to take TTC to BMO.[/quote]

BALLS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was also dissapointed when i heard the go will not go to BMO, we will have to transfer at union.

i cant see it being worth it in the long run.

i can take VIA for 36 bucks, that is far better than the go BUS that i will have to take

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a coworker of mine take the GO train in and some mornings it doesn't stop at Exhibition, so he either rides back one stop from union, or catches the TTC from Union along Queens Quay (the LRT) and into the ex grounds (or up spadina)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess the car it is then... If they plan to charge $30 round trip from Kitchener to Toronto, for my Family of 4 that's $120 each match day, plus the cost off TTC to the EX..Fuck I could almost rent a limo for that price. What a joke....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one day i hope to have a go from Kitchener right to BMO (for a reasonable cost) they have a new go train service starting next year but only two per day and no weekends.. All for the reasonable price of $15 one way, and only taking 2hours to get to Toronto...Its a start, but a long way off from it being the cheap and fast way to travel.
    not bad if you wanna get leathered during the week....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we went that way and don't recall any problems....then again, I can't exactly remember the ride home.

BOOOOOPIIIIIIIII!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess the car it is then... If they plan to charge $30 round trip from Kitchener to Toronto, for my Family of 4 that's $120 each match day, plus the cost off TTC to the EX..Fuck I could almost rent a limo for that price. What a joke....
    now we're talkin...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondaddy View Post
    we went that way and don't recall any problems....then again, I can't exactly remember the ride home.

BOOOOOPIIIIIIIII!!!
    Saw the Pics...LOL...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The QEW to Niagara wasn't much better. Nirmally a one and half hour drive, it took me two and a half hours. The lowlights? Getting pushed down to 1 lane twice and then getting push off the highway in St.Catharines because some poor bugger decided to jump on to the highway from the overpass. My dad and I managed to just get passed there when they had covered the body and its parts. Its not something I ever want to see again. Worst drive home from TFC EVER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY SHIT!!!! I was going to come on here and rant and rave about it too. The usual way of travel for me is to get on the 403 from the QEW and get off at Royal Windsor Dr. and take Lake Shore all the way to the stadium. No problems yesterday. Coming back, that one lane bullshit on the 403 was a nightmare. And just when you thought you were through it, they shifted all the work to the right side and it went to one lane again. Then, it shifted you off the QEW near St. Cathrines for a few minutes. If we didn't win, I would have been driving on shoulders and over fresh pavement and possibly gotten arrested.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    The QEW to Niagara wasn't much better. Nirmally a one and half hour drive, it took me two and a half hours. The lowlights? Getting pushed down to 1 lane twice and then getting push off the highway in St.Catharines because some poor bugger decided to jump on to the highway from the overpass. My dad and I managed to just get passed there when they had covered the body and its parts. Its not something I ever want to see again. Worst drive home from TFC EVER!
    That's what happened? Ugh. I agree. That is easily the worst drive back I've had in 5 years.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]