Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Koevermans has the potential to fill a significant void in TFC's lineup as injuries have left the squad thin up front.

Next up, a solid attacking midfielder...
    I don't like the reliance on Gordon due to his injuries, and the I honestly don't have faith that he will maintain the level of performance that he has shown so far based on his past (although I hope I am wrong).

Regardless, if this player is an upgrade on Gordon, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah gotta say regardless of how well Gordon has played this year hes been playing infrequently due to injuries.
    I too would be shocked if this was the only signing during the transfer window, especially with our situation in defense. Dont think for a second Winter/Mariner dont see it as well, we arent dealing Mo here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Most definitely. But I'm pretty sure that part of the reason for coming here is also for a different lifestyle. Sure, the media does look at TFC, but it's nothing compared to what he's used to. He'll be able to go out, take his kids to movies, go to restaurants, and not have to worry about rowdy football fans who may support "the other team in town". The "worst" he'll have to deal with is some random TFC supporter wanting to shake his hand. Also, he'll get a good pay cheque. Sounds like a good decision to me.

never thought about it like that..
    in addition to being a good league to end your career in, they can also bring up youth prospects without the potential distractions and hype the media can provide overseas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Winter is finally acquiescing to a kick and run style.

Just completely bypass our midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a decent move. I don't know squat about this guy, but his scoring rate is very good (almost 1 in 2 over his career, which is much higher than Hassli's scoring rate in Europe... and most people consider Hassli a solid addition to MLS). As always though, I'll wait and see until he's actually on the field to judge him.

This is kind of an under-the-radar kind of signing. Not a big marketing type signing of a DP. Although it seems MLS teams are going for this more often than the big DP signing (Becks, Blanco) type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope this is true - at 6'3" he'll certainly have a presence, and he may command the game well enough to inspire some others on the team.
    this would be sweet - mind you i thought stevanovic (sp?) would have the same immediate impact...

but we really really suck ass right now and need some new blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched a bunch of highlights of his on YouTube and so many of his goals came off of well-weighted balls in from the wing. He does seem to poach in the box though. (I reworded that sentance 5 times and it still sounds dirty!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No doubt he brings quality to the squad in a much-needed area, but I just find it hard to be enthusiastic about it when we are lacking in so many other areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ agree - we need MAJOR help in the middle nevermind the back.
    its a start though? more to come i hope- very soon!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUTZ View Post
    hope this is true - at 6'3" he'll certainly have a presence, and he may command the game well enough to inspire some others on the team.
    this would be sweet - mind you i thought stevanovic (sp?) would have the same immediate impact...

but we really really suck ass right now and need some new blood.
    Stevanovic was good. If people actually watched him and what he was doing as part of a bigger picture, he moved the ball well and held on to it longer than anyone on the team. The reason he held on to it??? To pass off to an open forward, which we never had.

Now our problem will be having someone to get the ball to Koevermans. I'm not sure we have players who can do that....do we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    No doubt he brings quality to the squad in a much-needed area, but I just find it hard to be enthusiastic about it when we are lacking in so many other areas.
    well, it better not be the only signing this transfer window!

i do feel, however, that scoring goals has been our #1 problem since the 2007 scoreless streaks. with all these damn ties a goal here or there could be the difference between tying and winning. I hope this guy can produce.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe this hasn't been said yet...

He'll tear this league apart!!!

On a serious note, I think he'd work well, espececially with Soolsma on the wing delivering to the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like he hits the ball equally well with both feet too....something Gordon and Santos are incapable of doing...nice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats my point - i liked the guy but was disappointed when he wasn't able to be effective the player im sure he can be. it was obvious he had strong skills, but in the end didn't do much. for a number of reasons im sure not just that his teamates didn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Stevanovic was good. If people actually watched him and what he was doing as part of a bigger picture, he moved the ball well and held on to it longer than anyone on the team. The reason he held on to it??? To pass off to an open forward, which we never had.

Now our problem will be having someone to get the ball to Koevermans. I'm not sure we have players who can do that....do we?
    I thought that was "The JDG Excuse"...???

Stevanovic was not good...

I hope this lad comes in and plays like Hassli does...

Watch Hassli and you see he plays "NO EXCUSE FOOTBALL"...

If he's not getting service, he busts his ass back and tries to win the ball for himself...

He's earned his share of cards and stupid fouls doing so - but he's also won alot of balls, put'em in the net and at least been dangerous for Vancouver...

Its time in Toronto that guys play NO EXCUSE FOOTBALL...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meant to quote: thats my point - i liked the guy but was disappointed when he wasn't able to be the effective player im sure he can be. it was obvious he had strong skills, but in the end didn't do much. for a number of reasons im sure not just that his teamates didn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I thought that was "The JDG Excuse"...???

Stevanovic was not good...

I hope this lad comes in and plays like Hassli does...

Watch Hassli and you see he plays "NO EXCUSE FOOTBALL"...

If he's not getting service, he busts his ass back and tries to win the ball for himself...

He's earned his share of cards and stupid fouls doing so - but he's also won alot of balls, put'em in the net and at least been dangerous for Vancouver...

Its time in Toronto that guys play NO EXCUSE FOOTBALL...

Carts...
    yes yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Gordon has been scoring goals because of his Messi-like skills.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear fellow TFC supporters,

Please start raising the bar just a littler higher.

Seriously, I think Koevermans could have a place on this club, but would it really be a good use of a DP slot? I don't think so. If we're going to use it, then go all-out with it! The last thing we want is to pull another "Mista". And hey, I'm not knocking the guy. Not a bad strike rate and the dutch league is respectable, but we need to think bigger when it comes to using a resource such as the DP allocation. An average of 8.5 goals a season for the past four seasons isn't exactly stellar. Not terrible, but less than we should expect for the price we're likely to pay. We got more for less outta DeRo.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-28-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, i see Koevermans being akin to JPA to be honest.
    Also dude plays the same style Winter has been pushing so its an easy fit.
    I dont see how Koevermans is not looking up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just watch some highlights. Highlights are fun.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oww yeah and of course, let me just say:

he'll tear your league apart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's a highlight reel which shows all his best, but at least it looks like the guy likes to shoot from outside the box. Something we could use for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Career statistics

Season Club Competition Matches Goals
    2000–01 Sparta RotterdamEredivisie 4 0
    2001–02 Sparta RotterdamEredivisie 23 7
    2002–03 Sparta RotterdamEerste Divisie 34 25
    2003–04 Sparta RotterdamEerste Divisie 20 15
    2004–05 Sparta RotterdamEerste Divisie 29 24
    2005–06 AZEredivisie 21 9
    2006–07 AZEredivisie 31 22
    2007–08 PSV EindhovenEredivisie 29 14
    2008–09 PSV EindhovenEredivisie 26 8
    2009–10 PSV EindhovenEredivisie 22 11
    2010–11 PSV EindhovenEredivisie 14 1

'Total 253 136

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Dear fellow TFC supporters,

Please start raising the bar just a littler higher.

Seriously, I think Koevermans could have a place on this club, but would it really be a good use of a DP slot? I don't think so. If we're going to use it, then go all-out with it! The last thing we want is to pull another "Mista". And hey, I'm not knocking the guy. Not a bad strike rate and the dutch league is respectable, but we need to think bigger when it comes to using a resource such as the DP allocation. An average of 8.5 goals a season for the past four seasons isn't exactly stellar. Not terrible, but less than we should expect for the price we're likely to pay. We got more for less outta DeRo.
    i think it's a dillusion if people think great players are lining up to play here, never mind in the mls. not being a hater but it seems unrealistic and a sad truth IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's a dillusion if people think great players are lining up to play here, never mind in the mls. not being a hater but it seems unrealistic and a sad truth IMO.
    No, you're 100% right...

You have to find that player that is good enough to be difference maker here - but not so good that he has offers from higher leagues...

This could be one of the toughest leagues to scout and GM in because its not a case of finding "the best available" - you really do have to find "the best fit" not just for your team, but the league, etc etc etc
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorta the situation right now, Birmingham City offered him a position and he declined. We may have gotten in at the right time

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this thead - blah blah blah.. some guy, rumoured/signed, arrives, fans excited, doesn't deliver, leaves.. Seen it all before, and before that. I'll wait until there's something to be excited about before bothering to get excited. Let me see some results, otherwise, this is year one of a three year rebuild (at least).

More 'meh' dead ahead, if you ask me.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there is a mass exodus just waiting to happen, but consider what Henry, Schelotto, Montero, and Angel have brought to their respective clubs. There are top-quality players out there willing to play in MLS. Admittedly, we may have to pay a premium to entice them up to Toronto, but they're there.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I don't think there is a mass exodus just waiting to happen, but consider what Henry, Schelotto, Montero, and Angel have brought to their respective clubs. There are top-quality players out there willing to play in MLS. Admittedly, we may have to pay a premium to entice them up to Toronto, but they're there.

Bang on.

And there have been some pretty good names available to TFC, it's just that MoJo screwed the pooch when the opportunity came up.