Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Oh wow very surprised. But that means he won't visit BMO than , oh well.
    Probably for the best. Our membership does not need any more excuses to rip each others throats, so I'm happy we won't have to see De Rosario again this season.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    is it a salary dump?

DeRo is what, $425,000
    Dax is $175,000

how much of DeRo's salary are we paying? maybe half?

so that means its really only a dump of $37,500...
    Hard to say. Maybe DC are covering part of Dax's salary. Maybe NY freed up whatever space they needed to make room for the cap hit for a half season DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading the NYRB fans' comments, they weren't too happy with De Ro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    reading the NYRB fans' comments, they weren't too happy with De Ro.
    What was their issue(s) with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we can trick DC into taking Tchani and Borman.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    It is too bad for him, had he stayed with tfc he would have made 400k+ a year for a long time for all the reasons you mention above, not to mention post playing gigs a la brennan and danger danny. doubt he will ever see that money again.
    Great player, poor business sense. He will never be as marketable as he was here.
    A good point.

He has probably lost quite a bit in potential endorsement income.

He wanted the big paycheque. Who doesn't? He also saw guys like Mista being overpaid while he was doing the hard work. Resentment builds, and it isn't always totally rational. Factor in MoJo allegedly lying to him and you have an unsolveable solution.

I'm not sure that Winter could have done anything. I'm pretty sure Anselmi was not going to allow him DP money.

If a Canadian team wouldn't give it to him, no MLS team will. His only hope for the big bucks is overseas, and he's getting too old for that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saw it. Not surprised in that DeRo was the piece that could get the most in return for NYRB in they needed to make a trade.

Never believed they would give him DP money, figure they want to make another splash in the coming weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know why NYers wouldn't be happy with him.

The Canadian wizard’s own numbers weren’t overwhelming, but prorate his NY stats over the course of the season and he’d contribute six goals and 12 assists. Not bad for a guy who was largely meant to create opportunities for Thierry Henry and Luke Rodgers — neither of whom had a goal before De Rosario joined the Red Bulls, and both of whom are now amongst the league’s leading scorers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Maybe we can trick DC into taking Tchani and Borman.
    I have to say that i think Tchani is totally worth the dero trade. that fact that we got borman with the trade just makes it a little better.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Given that NYRB brought him in to "win now" there sure is an interesting story waiting to be told behind this turn of events.

The salary dump is minimal. Ultimately, they still want to win now and have determined that they have a better shot at doing that without him. Points to declining production, attitude and/or a better option on the transfer market.

Either or sounds like Winter isn't the only one to conclude that he isn't a foundation of a franchise worthy of DP dollars.

As much as I didnt shed a tear when he demanded his trade, I am surprised at this move. I wonder who requested the deal?
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in DC for 10 days this Thursday...are they playing at home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez guys leave the guy alone. I wasn't too happy with the distraction he ended up becoming ( Cheque signing etc.) but when he was here he wore his heart on his sleeve and performed very well. The guy had some flaws like hogging the ball a bit too much but to say he's over the hill a year after scoring 14 goals is a bit much.

I do agree however that he blew it big time from a sponsorship and endorsements point of view, toronto is probably the only city where he could make some good coin off the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you people out here just kill me. I understand that most of you out here did not know what the MLS was before TFC came into being,however, let me just remind you that DeRo did win a few MLS championships in his career, where he was one of the star players of those champioship winning teams he played on, and scored a few game winning goals in a few of those MLS Cups he played in, therefore, I don't think players who our cancerous to their teams can acomplish what DeRo has, just saying!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Im in DC for 10 days this Thursday...are they playing at home?
    I'll be in ny in july when DC visit the shite bulls. Probably going to go to that game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=torontocelt;1328503]A goal is a goal, doesn't matter how you get them. When they are giving out the golden boot etc they don't say a penalty is worth less than an ordinary goal, they are all worth the same.

^.....this.............and we are where now?.....anyone think we would have been totally dominated as we have been........we have zero threats...only Gordon who is looking fragile.....and our heart ON THE FIELD is where?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Oh wow very surprised. But that means he won't visit BMO than , oh well.
    thats okay, he probably would've bagged a brace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy that ny kick his dumb ass out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    Some of you people out here just kill me. I understand that most of you out here did not know what the MLS was before TFC came into being,however, let me just remind you that DeRo did win a few MLS championships in his career, where he was one of the star players of those champioship winning teams he played on, and scored a few game winning goals in a few of those MLS Cups he played in, therefore, I don't think players who our cancerous to their teams can acomplish what DeRo has, just saying!
    Players with the great accolades you highlight above don't get traded twice in 13 games (one of them being your hometown)
    Just saying!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think Dero going to the Gold Cup must have torqued Backe. Backe was pretty public about that.
    This is the most likely scenario here.

Honestly, I wish TFC found a way to keep De Rosario. I don't give a shit about all the off-field bullshit. We would have been a way better team had we kept him.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero was the number one guy on TFC, except by salary, and not the number one guy in NY by either measure. Maybe he's better suited, mentally or professionally, to be more than just a role player and to be in the limelight.

Sounds like many DC and NY fans are happy with the trade, which of course could mean that two of our division rivals get better while TFC founders.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    Some of you people out here just kill me. I understand that most of you out here did not know what the MLS was before TFC came into being,however, let me just remind you that DeRo did win a few MLS championships in his career,...players who our cancerous to their teams can acomplish what DeRo has, just saying!
    Agree about the lack of knowledge of MLS history amongst many/most TFC fans but maybe the two postures aren't mutually exclusive in this instance? After initially being happy to have his career very much rescued by Frank Yallop, maybe the problems with DeRosario started after his return from the trials over in England with clubs like Man City and Blackburn. He was probably anticipating an eventual big money move to a big European league or Landon Donovan (ex-Quakes teammate) type money for MLS to retain his services. Houston got one last really successful year out of him in 2006 but after signing his next deal with MLS for the standard league maximum things seemed to turn sour and the rumours of being unsettled due to wanting more money started. That's arguably why he wound up with TFC for the MLS equivalent of a "used puck bag".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck this stupid Dero bullshit

We wouldn't have ever sniffed the playoffs in years 3 and 4 if not for him hauling the team's entire ass on his back.

Your anger is misguided. Why the hell would any player of his quality stay on our sinking ship?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Year 4 I agree but in year 3 Amado Guevara was the main man in terms of creativity a lot of the time. After year 3 there was a serious salary cap issue due to the amount of Mo Edu transfer related allocation money used previously to circumvent the cap. Too bad Preki hated Guevara so much due to what happened at Chivas. In retrospect the wrong high paid contract was dumped.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    And they might have deemed the trade they made better than the trade with DC.

We got Tchani who is considered one of if not the best prospect in the MLS by a lot of folks, and his salary doesn't count against the cap. Makes even more sense for a team buildin for the future. We got a serviceable MLS calibre fullback, and a draft pick. All of that makes a lot of sense to me.
    Probably, we shall see. Plus DC definitely weren't offering Dax at the beginning of the season. They had just acquired him & were expecting lots. Didn't work out for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess he won't be taking pot shots at TFC on twitter for a while... what with him being so busy eating humble pie and all.
    Looks good on him.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think NY was getting their money's worth out of him. If he pissed people off going to Gold Cup then I'm proud of him. Wish there was more execution that tournament but if he was punished for attending then I have 2 fingers for NY. I'd think it's now or never if he wants out of the league.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think NY was getting their money's worth out of him. If he pissed people off going to Gold Cup then I'm proud of him. Wish there was more execution that tournament but if he was punished for attending then I have 2 fingers for NY. I'd think it's now or never if he wants out of the league.
    From MLS he can go only to retirement,
    or play for peanuts in some lover European league where players like him just 10 years younger are dime a dozen.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another reason to hate united?

Last edited by __wowza; 06-28-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think Dero going to the Gold Cup must have torqued Backe. Backe was pretty public about that.
    I suspect you're right, which would be a serious indictment of the Red Bulls as an organization. A player should never be scrutinized for making the decision to play for his country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Probably, we shall see. Plus DC definitely weren't offering Dax at the beginning of the season. They had just acquired him & were expecting lots. Didn't work out for them.
    As they say, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to judge after the fact, but based on the way things looked at the time of the trade, it seemed like a solid move to me.