Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game Thread: RSL vs TFC

didn't see the game, thanks a lot goal tv!
    from the sounds of it, we got our asses handed to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to continue...

we have 29 players on the roster

Injury Report:
    Bouchiba
    Lindsay
    Attakora
    de Guzman
    Cann
    Gordon
    Tchani
    Peterson
    Williams

Sturgis wasn't even 100% tonight

thats 20 players to choose from of which 3 are MLS rookies (from College) and 5 are recently signed academy players

you find me a team in the MLS that can win with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does this explain why Gargan was playing winger?

These injuries just started happening recently. We were still playing like shit before it. So whats your point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's always an excuse

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... This is interesting. Post game thread after another loss and no one cares...

Apathy kills sports franchises. TFC management really needs to worry now.

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sun made us lose the game according to GolTV.
    Christ, never heard commentary more aggravating than tonights. Yes, the sun is out. Yes, it's hard to see. No, RSL were not playing around the sun. They were playing possession football - see 70%.

If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't talk. Christ, GolTV, it's not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    The sun made us lose the game according to GolTV.
    Christ, never heard commentary more aggravating than tonights. Yes, the sun is out. Yes, it's hard to see. No, RSL were not playing around the sun. They were playing possession football - see 70%.

If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't talk. Christ, GolTV, it's not good enough.
    lol THANK YOU. The commentary was shocking.

First half summary = The sun is in Frei's eyes
    Second half summary = The fans are booing Eckersley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Wow... This is interesting. Post game thread after another loss and no one cares...

Apathy kills sports franchises. TFC management really needs to worry now.

maybe people are tired of rehashing the same old post game convo for the millionth time. i ain't even mad anymore, really i'm more amused by the fact that a couple of posters in the pregame thread accurately predicted the score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    How does this explain why Gargan was playing winger?

These injuries just started happening recently. We were still playing like shit before it. So whats your point?
    like u said, these injuries happened recently...last time i checked this is also the first time Gargan has played the wing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing to really say, if you're pissed off because were not making the playoffs this year you're being a drama queen. This year was a given write off while we assemble a new team for a new coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    to continue...

we have 29 players on the roster

Injury Report:
    Bouchiba
    Lindsay
    Attakora
    de Guzman
    Cann
    Gordon
    Tchani
    Peterson
    Williams

Sturgis wasn't even 100% tonight

thats 20 players to choose from of which 3 are MLS rookies (from College) and 5 are recently signed academy players

you find me a team in the MLS that can win with that?
    Were TFC playing well before these players got injured?
    What kind of impact have current injured players like De Guzman and Peterson had this year?
    The only player that makes any difference at all, ever, is Alan Gordon and he's always out injured so how effective is he really?

The problem with your statement is NO ONE FORCED TFC TO SIGN 3 MLS ROOKIES FROM COLLEGE, 5 ACADEMY PLAYERS AND PLAYERS WHO ARE PERMANENTLY INJURED. THEY CHOSE TO DO SO ON THEIR OWN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Were TFC playing well before these players got injured?
    What kind of impact have current injured players like De Guzman and Peterson had this year?
    The only player that makes any difference at all, ever, is Alan Gordon and he's always out injured so how effective is he really?

The problem with your statement is NO ONE FORCED TFC TO SIGN 3 MLS ROOKIES FROM COLLEGE, 5 ACADEMY PLAYERS AND PLAYERS WHO ARE PERMANENTLY INJURED. THEY CHOSE TO DO SO ON THEIR OWN.
    well when they were signed, could you find someone unattached that would have

A. fit in the system Winter wanted to play
    B. would fit under our salary cap
    C. would have not taken us over our international allocation spots

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    well when they were signed, could you find someone unattached that would have

A. fit in the system Winter wanted to play
    B. would fit under our salary cap
    C. would have not taken us over our international allocation spots
    Other teams don't seem to have problems filling their roster with more than benchwarmers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    didn't see the game, thanks a lot goal tv!
    from the sounds of it, we got our asses handed to us.
    I actually posted a stream around the 65th minute of the game, but everyone was watching the infinitely more entertaining Gold Cup Final. I guess apathy has finally set in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos goal was well struck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my only significant contribution to this thread as I am sure that my absence will result in a tidal wave of positive comments that apparently my negativity has been denying this board for a long time. I look forward to reading these forthcoming comments.

TFC is now in sole possession of 17th place with Vancouver below us having a game in hand and a point behind with a better goal differential. In fact we have the worst goal differential in the league.

We are 2nd worst in goals scored per game.

Every team within our reach in the standings has between 1 and 3 games in hand on us.

To have a shot at 10th spot and a playoff berth, we'd need results of 1.6 points per game, better than 1 win out of every 2 games. A near impossibility for this team.

I know that playoffs this year is not a must. In a rebuilding year, it is not a reasonable demand. But 10th out of 18 teams is a decent measure of "average" at least. In other words, if we simply want to measure up to an "average" result this year TFC would have to achieve near heroic results the rest of the campaign, that is how far this team is from being average.

That kind of departure from even a nominal level of respectability should tell you how much of a failure this season has been.

If within this context, people really truly believe that I have been overly negative, well then I apologize. I apologize because I had no idea that Toronto FC fans are satisfied in being the league whipping boy. That any team that undergoes a scoring drought, all they have to do is visit TFC or have TFC visit them and they are provided a cure for their scoring woes.

Throughout this year, as my frustration with this team has grown, all I have asked is that somoene provide some sort of tangible evidence that helps the rest of us believe in this rebuild. Something that points to Winter and Mariner knowing what they are doing and putting it into effect. That this humiliating year is worth it because future years will be riddled with glory and success. Something that explains why this level of futility is necessary to achieve what we all want.

Somebody please, give me something to believe in. That is all I ask.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 06-25-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Other teams don't seem to have problems filling their roster with more than benchwarmers.
    other teams also don't (try to) play a more advanced style of soccer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team was all kinds of suck tonight. No moreso than usual. Expected it to be 4-0 by half time. Through half the game. Will watch the 2nd half. Could be worse I suppose.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my only significant contribution to this thread as I am sure that my absence will result in a tidal wave of positive comments that apparently my negativity has been denying this board for a long time. I look forward to reading these forthcoming comments.

TFC is now in sole possession of 17th place with Vancouver below us having a game in hand and a point behind with a better goal differential. In fact we have the worst goal differential in the league.

We are 2nd worst in goals scored per game.

Every team within our reach in the standings has between 1 and 3 games in hand on us.

To have a shot at 10th spot and a playoff berth, we'd need results of 1.6 points per game, better than 1 win out of every 2 games. A near impossibility for this team.

I know that playoffs this year is not a must. In a rebuilding year, it is not a reasonable demand. But 10th out of 18 teams is a decent measure of "average" at least. In other words, if we simply want to measure up to an "average" result this year TFC would have to achieve near heroic results the rest of the campaign, that is how far this team is from being average.

That kind of departure from even a nominal level of respectability should tell you how much of a failure this season has been.

If within this context, people really truly believe that I have been overly negative, well then I apologize. I apologize because I had no idea that Toronto FC fans are satisfied in being the league whipping boy. That any team that undergoes a scoring drought, all they have to do is visit TFC or have TFC visit them and they are provided a cure for their scoring woes.

Throughout this year, as my frustration with this team has grown, all I have asked is that somoene provide some sort of tangible evidence that helps the rest of us believe in this rebuild. Something that points to Winter and Mariner knowing what they are doing and putting it into effect. That this humiliating year is worth it because future years will be riddled with glory and success. Something that explains why this level of futility is necessary to achieve what we all want.

Agree, agree, agree. I was watching the USA-MEXICO match, which was a HELL OF A LOT more entertaining but kept tabs on the SCHLOP that is TFC. If I had any decency, I would run away from the tripe that MLSE is trying to serve us as football .... it's an insult to our intelligence!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were under the gun from the opening minute but we didn't crack until late in the first.........................we lack confidence, skill & a passing game that seemed to be promised by a total football coach................

I'd like to see TFC deliver a winning season like many others but it won't happen until we use the ball wisely and play like a team who want to win................

playing scared in your own half is a recipe for failure................I'm red till I'm dead but we must start dominating in other ares other than in defence..................Frei cannot win every game nor can Maicon.......others need to grow bigger balls & play for the club not as individuals...............Teamwork is everything but where is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We now have a system!!!

We are still only 3 points off a play off space!!!

We recently drew two away games, that proves our form is on the up and Winter is turning this team around!!!

Winter will sign the perfect DP's in the transfer window, clear the dead wood and have us playing the best football you have seen!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    We now have a system!!!

We are still only 3 points off a play off space!!!

We recently drew two away games, that proves our form is on the up and Winter is turning this team around!!!

Winter will sign the perfect DP's in the transfer window, clear the dead wood and have us playing the best football you have seen!!!
    We also managed to get rid of that cancer DeRo and the team is way better since!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if sarcasm.. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild speculation: JDG is "injured" at the exact same time his brother is in Toronto for vacation.

Just throwin it out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    not sure if sarcasm.. :P
    Eh, the good folks at MLSE know the problems and are well on their way to solving them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Wild speculation: JDG is "injured" at the exact same time his brother is in Toronto for vacation.

So you're saying he's pretending to be injured so he can hang out with his brother?

I bet you anything one of our idiot reporters will read this thread and ask JDG why he's doing this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post

don't u fucking dare besmirch JDG's good name, he's CANADIAN, from scarborough, played in yurop, is a role model and in general beyond reproach. it only -looks- like he sucks/isn't at all near worth what he's being paid because of the poor quality of his teammates. it's not his fault at all.

i think if TFC signs him for another 3 years he will eventually grow into the role, perhaps even be captain. he just needs more time, stop being such a negative nancy.

PS: he's CANADIAN, from scarborough and is a role model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone argues with logic ...I'd say they don't fully understand what has transpired over the last 4 1/2 years.........
    The team is dismal. The media are well below par but the fan base is too good to be hanging around for another losing season........will anyone buy a season ticket with such gloom in the past, present & coming future season??? (Why the hell would you).
    Toronto fans deserve a better return for their hard earned cash………………..If any Loyal TFC fan worked like these guys, they’d get fired within 3 months.............. Think about it?
    I cannot invest my hard earned cash in any product without a return, whether that be eggs & bacon or shampoo………….I need to invest in a product with a return or dare I say it……….some kind of VALUE !
    The press, TFC media candy coat this terrible product but enough is really enough…………accountability, responsibility & honesty are required……….call it how it is….enough of the garbage writing……….this club has no return for the fans.