Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone here work at GolTV?

If anyone here works at GolTV or knows someone that does, please, please, please have them switch up their music beds underneth the TFC and MLS game hilights!

I can't tell you how many times I've had to change the channel. That same 5 second techno beat looped for 30 minutes, every show, every week. Same as last year.

It's got to the point that I literally can't watch the show anymore.

Help!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send Asif a msg on twitter. I doubt any change will happen, but he'll bring it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

I try to watch the week in review to gain a little bit of knowledge about the league!

Cheers,
    Martyn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    The music is dreadful. They use it during Canadian Football Weekly as well ... and as soon as I hear that irritating pounding, I fast forward. Even if I want to see the highlight ... I just can't stand that music.

Though why Canadian Football Weekly has such a poor host, and such badly recorded linking segments I don't know ... often they are inaudible - even if you could understand what the host is saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any problems breasts with the host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're at it, can Gol TV get rid of the commentator? Today's commentator was more embarrassing than our performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You talking about Dan Dunleavy?? Shocking. l had to watch the game muted after half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realy, I think Dan Dunleavy is one of the better ones TFC has ever had, better than the boring and pretender Nigel Reed, better than the other bore Gerry Dobson, and better than Luke Wileman or whatever his name is . Also, while I'm at it Graig Forest another pretender who thinks he knows what he is talking about but knows squat about the game and players. The best and most knowledgeble people in the Canadian media are number one the guy from the Fox Soccer Report Bobby McMann, the guy with the Scottish accent, hands down one of the best in Canada when it comes to soccer, this guy knows Canadian and American soccer inside out and knows the game on the tactical side aswell, a close second is Paul James, that's it there are no other guys like these two when it comes to knowledge of the North American game and the knowledge on the tactical side of soccer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    Realy, I think Dan Dunleavy is one of the better ones TFC has ever had,
    I agree.

The times that I've listened to the FAN 590 radio broadcasts I though he did a good job.

I'm wondering what he did during the Gol TV broadcast that was so bad? Is it because he doesn't have a British accent? He usually does a decent job for a home grown broadcaster. I've always considered him a consummate professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    If anyone here works at GolTV or knows someone that does, please, please, please have them switch up their music beds underneth the TFC and MLS game hilights!

I can't tell you how many times I've had to change the channel. That same 5 second techno beat looped for 30 minutes, every show, every week. Same as last year.

Help!!
    I just hope they clue in. It's awful.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually DID work in the master control for GolTV a few years ago before they moved locations. But I do actually know someone who is in their master control, i will be sure to pass the word on for you lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I agree.

The times that I've listened to the FAN 590 radio broadcasts I though he did a good job.

I'm wondering what he did during the Gol TV broadcast that was so bad? Is it because he doesn't have a British accent? He usually does a decent job for a home grown broadcaster. I've always considered him a consummate professional.
    I'm wondering the same. Can't hear him in the pub. I prefer Luke but Dunleavy is fine and I think his VO's on the MLS highlight show are very good.

While obviously everybody has the right to complain, I give GOL credit for putting on as many Canadian oriented soccer shows as they have. The yanks don't event get an MLS highlight show at all.

And in that regard, I've never really noticed the music on the show. It's very low in the mix and I want to see the highlights so it's not an issue for me at all.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 06-28-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    Realy, I think Dan Dunleavy is one of the better ones TFC has ever had, better than the boring and pretender Nigel Reed, better than the other bore Gerry Dobson, and better than Luke Wileman or whatever his name is . Also, while I'm at it Graig Forest another pretender who thinks he knows what he is talking about but knows squat about the game and players. The best and most knowledgeble people in the Canadian media are number one the guy from the Fox Soccer Report Bobby McMann, the guy with the Scottish accent, hands down one of the best in Canada when it comes to soccer, this guy knows Canadian and American soccer inside out and knows the game on the tactical side aswell, a close second is Paul James, that's it there are no other guys like these two when it comes to knowledge of the North American game and the knowledge on the tactical side of soccer.
    Congratulations, you win the award for hilariously stupid commentary.

I'll be sure to note to tell his alter ego, Craig Forrest that that Graig Forrest guy knows shit about the game and should have been an English Premier League keeper for the better part of his career like Craig was and should have backstopped Canada to it's only International Trophy since the 1904 Olympics.

Before you accuse people of not knowing about the game and players, you should learn something about the game and players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we could only get some more complaining on this list, it would be soooo much better.

Yes, I am complaining about the complaining. It's like a fucking virus.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 06-28-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I HAVE A COMPLAINT!!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    only International Trophy since the 1904 Olympics.
    also not true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 Gold Cup right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    2005 Gold Cup right?
    2000 GOLD CUP CHAMPIONS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    also not true
    Oh right, you had to win the trophy to qualify for the World Cup in 1986. Forgot about that, different setup back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    2005 Gold Cup right?
    Craig won the 2000 Gold Cup for Canada. Yes, there was a team there, but if you listen to what his teammates had to say, they didn't have a chance without Craig. He was a World Class keeper.

The other trophy is the CONCACAF title from the 80s I believe. 1985 CONCACAF Championship would have put Canada into the 1986 World Cup, which it did.

Completely forgot about the tournament set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Congratulations, you win the award for hilariously stupid commentary.

I'll be sure to note to tell his alter ego, Craig Forrest that that Graig Forrest guy knows shit about the game and should have been an English Premier League keeper for the better part of his career like Craig was and should have backstopped Canada to it's only International Trophy since the 1904 Olympics.

Before you accuse people of not knowing about the game and players, you should learn something about the game and players.
    It's one thing to know about the game and players, but we're talking about commentary here. It takes more than experience to be engaging, interesting, objective and overall entertaining as a commentator or colour man.

Not passing judgement on Craig, but Experience/Success != Good commentator. He wasn't doing in-game commentary while he was playing, he was playing. It's an art and honestly it takes a special person to do it well. you might know what you're talking about, but if you don't SOUND like you know what you're talking about, or focus on the wrong things, you lose credibility.