Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am calling in my affirmative action lawyer......I got hosed on this survey! They never forget to send me mail reminding me to pay my invoice...

Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I completed the survey. Just to note, that was supposedly an MLS-wide survey, by MLS marketing people. I don't know how much was general, and how much TFC-specific. (Obviously they inserted "Toronto FC" into many of the questions, but that could have been automated.)
    That one was Canadian specific, I had to put 14150x in as my postal code. They could have had American listed on the nationality question too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    What is this email everyone speaks of......
    on the internet
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I chose TFC and CMNT

IMO - TFC includes NCC, CCL, playoffs etc. Basically anything that has our boys on the pitch playing a game.
    I picked the every TFC game option. I'd rather TFC didn't play meaningless friendlies, but if they do i'm most likely going to be there anyway, so I'd rather pay for it up front not get weasled into paying for it months after I've already paid for my season tickets.

I don't want CMNT tickets in the package, I don't care about them. I'm not driving 100 miles to see them, and don't want to have to pay for a ticket that I can guarantee I'll have to sell or give away. I don't want any non-TFC tickets in my TFC ticket package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I am calling in my affirmative action lawyer......I got hosed on this survey! They never forget to send me mail reminding me to pay my invoice...

Check your junk mail. That's where mine ended up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the survey quite comprehensive. Clearly MLS is reading message boards and collecting up opinions, then using the surveys to see how prevalent they really are among STHs.

the lose beautifully/win ugly question (with the added option of no preference) was interesting. it ties in with a lot of debates among MLS fans online about the quality of league play, about parity, about competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I was under the influence of a couple beers when I filled in the survey. For the write-in section I wrote in "STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH THE SUPPORTERS!! LET THEM CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE, STOP TRYING TO KILL THE SUPPORT!!!"

Completely unrelated to the question at-hand, but I'm glad I was able to vent a bit.
    That's rather tame considering the circumstances. They should consider themselves lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way that I can see the questions? The email gets sent to my dad I guess, so I don't get to see it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think the timing of the survey just before the summer window opens may be no coincidence. In a TFC context it looks like big money DP and/or allocation signing deals are about to be handed out probably with multiple years guaranteed. Suspect the thinking might have been that it was best to check season ticketholders are still on board where Winter is concerned before locking a sizable chunk of the salary cap into his favoured big money imports. Suspect if he is still around by the end of July they've pretty much committed to keeping him in place through the 2012 season. Marketing surveys shouldn't drive franchise direction to that extent but it's the marketing types that call the shots at MLSE rather than people who had a pro level playing and/or coaching career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Think the timing of the survey just before the summer window opens may be no coincidence. In a TFC context it looks like big money DP and/or allocation signing deals are about to be handed out probably with multiple years guaranteed. Suspect the thinking might have been that it was best to check season ticketholders are still on board where Winter is concerned before locking a sizable chunk of the salary cap into his favoured big money imports. Suspect if he is still around by the end of July they've pretty much committed to keeping him in place through the 2012 season. Marketing surveys shouldn't drive franchise direction to that extent but it's the marketing types that call the shots at MLSE rather than people who had a pro level playing and/or coaching career.
    And look where our team is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the survery, they asked about preferred days & times for the games (afternoons, evenings), but didn't offer the obvious choice: Afternoon for the early & late season games when it's cold; evening in the summer when it's hot.

They also didn't ask how we like having massive number of home games very early in the season, when the weather generally sucks in Toronto, and almost no home games in the summer....

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

ps. Other other "not knowing anything about soccer", #2 and #4 are pretty much the same thing.
    My vision of #2 is someone on their phone, standing up, and waving at someone on the other side of the stadium. And then leaving after the beer girl clocks out at the 65. Not that I've ever seen that in my section.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get lots of e-mail from them but never saw this survey.
    Then again I am only a lowly partial pack holder.

Maybe they will send me a partial survey

Question:
    "Did you enjoy getting screwed over having to buy Marlies Tickets better than having us up the partial packages to 9 games from 6?"

Question:
    "Did you mind that when we sold you the 1/2 season package of 9 games that we never mentioned that we would be selling flex packs of 4 games later on?"

Question:
    "Do you think Bastard, as in 75 Mile Bastard, is a bad word?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Just noticed the survey was in my junk mail folder. So if anyone else is wondering where theirs is, check your junk.

I'm currently scratching my head over this question:

Which of the following cultural or ethnic backgrounds do you associate yourself with most?
    -Scottish
    -British
    I answered Scottish, if british was the only option I would have chosen Other