Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Heathen

Default Season Ticket Holders Survey

Some interesting questions, seems as if the FO do have some concept of how bad things have got, let's see what they do with the results.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to town on that bad boy. It's too bad there wasn't a write in section.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When there's 18,000+ paid admission, and 15,000- warm bodies, even this lot can sense there may be an issue.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I went to town on that bad boy. It's too bad there wasn't a write in section.
    Me too, I would've liked more emphasis on the deterioration in atmosphere but it's a start I suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anyone post some of the survey questions up here? I don't have seasons, but I'm curious to see what's being asked.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Could anyone post some of the survey questions up here? I don't have seasons, but I'm curious to see what's being asked.
    we need someone who hasn't done it yet because once it's completed you can't go back in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longer than I though it would, every thing from ranking MLS v. world leagues to what kind of charities you support.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completed the survey. Just to note, that was supposedly an MLS-wide survey, by MLS marketing people. I don't know how much was general, and how much TFC-specific. (Obviously they inserted "Toronto FC" into many of the questions, but that could have been automated.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its long. It asks everything from what sites do u get yours from, do you check redpatchboys.ca, comparing mls to other leagues, if your coming back, if your happy with a bunch of things at bmo, are you a fan of mls or tfc, do you want tfc to do more charity, etc. So many questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plus questions about on a 1-10 scale of satisfaction that include on field product and team direction.

My favorites were

Would you want
    a) an beautiful loss
    b) an ugly win

and

would you want games where
    a) there is a better overall quality of game
    b) your favorite team wins

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I completed the survey. Just to note, that was supposedly an MLS-wide survey, by MLS marketing people. I don't know how much was general, and how much TFC-specific. (Obviously they inserted "Toronto FC" into many of the questions, but that could have been automated.)
    There was MLS wide and TFC specific. Especially at the beginning when it was asking what websites we frequented. Redpatchboys, usector, tribalrythem, north end, canadian soccer news, etc are pretty damn specific.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes I know. But the surveys for the other teams could contain totally equivalent questions, including their local supporter's group websites & local news sites.

I just wonder how many questions were tailored specifically to TFC's problems; or are they all league-wide problems & questions (with just the questions worded to match the local details)?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone who hasn't done it yet please post the entire survey? Something like this can be quite telling of where the FO's/MLS head is at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I got when I tried to take the survey...

We apologize for this inconvenience, however your device does not support participation in this survey. Please try again using an alternative computing device.
    Really? Wow. I wonder what part of the survey is so cutting-edge awesome that it can't possibly be displayed on an iPad?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ The flash part?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trust everyone will give the question on how the officiating is the worst score possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said I probably won't be renewing next year in the survey. All of you should do that, maybe they will see how bad it has gotten (they probably don't care), but alot of my answers were on the extreme end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad the MLS and TFC are taking the tie to poll their fans. It's obvious just talking to people at BMO there are a lot of issues coming to the surface. I hope they don't just treat this as some marketing exercise and do nothing with the results. Or even worse, interpret the results they way they want to interpret them.

@Eastend - I thought the same thing when I was the question on officiating. That one might come in as the most obvious question asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered whether they might interpret atmosphere issues to mean that the fans attending are opposed to swearing.....there was no spot about clarification. My concern is that someone else's interpretation of atmosphere might not be the same as ours.

Would have been nice to have had a write in section though.

And how do you not vote that officiating is an issue that needs improvement!
    Last edited by CoachGT; 06-23-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    I wondered whether they might interpret atmosphere issues to mean that the fans attending are opposed to swearing.....there was no spot about clarification. My concern is that someone else's interpretation of atmosphere might not be the same as ours.

Would have been nice to have had a write in section though.

And how do you not vote that officiating is an issue that needs improvement!
    But there was a question about whether or not you are happy with the behaviour of those in seats around you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    But there was a question about whether or not you are happy with the behaviour of those in seats around you.
    But they never asked which seats you are in.....maybe I want 224 to become a supporters section!

Honestly, I'm not sure what they can get out of that except for questions about whether you are renewing and where MLS ranks in comparison to other leagues (and perhaps that you are a fan of other leagues).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought the survey addressed a lot of the big issues for the league and teams. I personally voted against having playoffs and gave the appropriate zeros for the on the field product and ticket plans. It fell short in that there wasn't a comment or suggestion box. Would have been nice to complain about the hand dryers to somebody that might listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some interesting ones:

What would you like to see in your SSH package..

TFC and Concacaf/NCC
    or
    TFC and CMNT

Do you think MLS needs to bring more top Canadian Players into the league...
    Should TFC/Canadian teams have a 100% Canadian content...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh god, reception is going to be so fucking mixed.
    instead of 1 to 10 they should've had the scale go striker to pookie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    ^^^ The flash part?
    Wowza. Flash for a survey? That must be one sweet user-experience there. Too bad I'm missing out on it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most interesting questions to me besides the officiating (which I gave the lowest score possible) were the ones about season ticket value.

For example, is winning important? Are ticket prices important? Is the ability to sell tickets for games we don't attend important?

ML$E can use this to make some important decisions.

If winning is more important, then spring for a DP. Same if foreign stars are important.
    If ticket prices are important, then cutting prices is in order.
    If selling tickets is important, then ML$E can't undercut their own ticket-holders by giving "special offers."

Anyways, the STHs will probably get what they ask for, so it will be interesting to see what most non-supporter STHs (i.e. about 15,000 of them) want, as that will probably determine their strategy, as their numbers greatly outweigh ours.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-23-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What survey is this? I'm a season ticket holder and haven't received any emails thus far...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    What survey is this? I'm a season ticket holder and haven't received any emails thus far...
    I haven't been receiving their emails for months. Going to have to bug my rep today, again....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    But they never asked which seats you are in.....maybe I want 224 to become a supporters section!

Honestly, I'm not sure what they can get out of that except for questions about whether you are renewing and where MLS ranks in comparison to other leagues (and perhaps that you are a fan of other leagues).
    I think there was a user-specific URL to the survey. (Good idea anyway, to avoid one person submitting it multiple times.) Therefore, they may know what section the respondent is in.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I indicated in the survey that the team is perfect, and is doing everything right.
    I don't want them to change a thing.
    I have been getting full value for my money.