Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Bitchy?

This guy:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The North Stand was the fullest it's been this year, aside from the LA match.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    just had relative over from u.k.he has supported coventry city for 60 years.he has seen the good ,bad,and ugly from his team.europe to relegation ,good teams and bad.selling players to survive.everything in between.took him to seattle game.loved the atmosphere,amazed that tfc had crowds at 20.000(cov. city ave 15,000)ticket cost 12 pound($18 )they are in championship league.HE HOPES THAT ONE DAY WE HAVE A TEAM WORTH SUPPORTING,he felt that the quality on offer was equivalent to blue square.
    Saturday was unwatchable but for three nice movements by TFC. I left after 87 minutes; if the team couldn't be bothered then neither can I and I'm not going to wait in lines after a performance like that. Call me a part time supporter or whatever, I don't give a shit. I've stopped watching TFC on television because it's such garbage soccer. MLSE needs to understand that as their new fans learn more about the game they're going to love TFC less and less... and that should scare them. A lot! TFC got me into the game, and now I can't stand to watch TFC... and I know I'm not alone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    3 lions baby.
    I'm assuming that means that you are pulling for England v Canada in the U17 WC.

Not to get into the whole debate again but wasn't it with you that I was talking to post game about supporting Canada over your "homeland".

If it wasn't you then my bad (though I would then tell you to "EAT IT!!!").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just had relative over from u.k.he has supported coventry city for 60 years.he has seen the good ,bad,and ugly from his team.europe to relegation ,good teams and bad.selling players to survive.everything in between.took him to seattle game.loved the atmosphere,amazed that tfc had crowds at 20.000(cov. city ave 15,000)ticket cost 12 pound($18 )they are in championship league.HE HOPES THAT ONE DAY WE HAVE A TEAM WORTH SUPPORTING,he felt that the quality on offer was equivalent to blue square.
    Interesting - I've brought friends from the UK to games and they've said the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I dunno man.... it was probably the fullest game since the season opener.
    ALL of the east stands were packed, and the west was pretty full too.

Sure it might not have been a real 'sellout' but it was much more packed than the last few games.
    except by the 85th minute half the east stands had left to catch the GO... so lame...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to compare really. The level of athletism in the MLS is pretty high, but the level of play in the lower level of English soccer is much higher.

The players over there are WAY more intuitive, they have a deeper and more natural understanding of the game. There's more flow to the games in England because the players have things like positional play and off the ball movement ingrained in them from birth - they're not taught those things, its the benefit that they have from growing up being surrounded by the game.

On the flip side of that, no league under the Championship has the individual talents like Beckham, Donovan, Henry etc. There might be a dozen or so Premiership calibre players in the MLS - thats not something you can say about FL1 or lower in England.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    On the flip side of that, no league under the Championship has the individual talents like Beckham, Donovan, Henry etc. There might be a dozen or so Premiership calibre players in the MLS - thats not something you can say about FL1 or lower in England.
    That's not something you can say about TFC and most of their opponents either.

NYRB vs. LA or RSL vs. Dallas is a different conversation than TFC vs. SKC or Chivas vs. Vancouver.

Most of the matchups in MLS are going to be ugly, low skill affairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    except by the 85th minute half the east stands had left to catch the GO... so lame...
    are people still getting sandy vaginas over this? It's year 5... stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    That's not something you can say about TFC and most of their opponents either.

NYRB vs. LA or RSL vs. Dallas is a different conversation than TFC vs. SKC or Chivas vs. Vancouver.

Most of the matchups in MLS are going to be ugly, low skill affairs.
    Sadly, I know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I use to think they simply announced paid attendance.

But earlier in the year they announced a really low number for a game. And a few days later a news article came out where they claimed that they announce turnstile counts, not paid attendance.

So now I don't really know what to believe.

What I do know is that the numbers they announce and the actual number of people in the stands never appear to match.

BMO looked pretty full to me vs. Seattle. I would say the 21K is correct ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    I think its deceivingly full though.

When I look at the East stands from my south end corner seat, it looks pretty full due to the angle.

But when I re-watch the games on TV the East stands are never more than 75% full. And they are often even less full than that.

As has been mentioned, there was no denying that the LA game was to capacity. No other game has felt like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it was as well. I think they have been pretty accurate with announced attendances, because if it was tickets sold it would be much higher all the time. My section in 109 is almost all STH, but not always very full (was this Saturday).

For some reason people always feel that MLSE is fabricating the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday was unwatchable but for three nice movements by TFC. I left after 87 minutes; if the team couldn't be bothered then neither can I and I'm not going to wait in lines after a performance like that. Call me a part time supporter or whatever, I don't give a shit. I've stopped watching TFC on television because it's such garbage soccer. MLSE needs to understand that as their new fans learn more about the game they're going to love TFC less and less... and that should scare them. A lot! TFC got me into the game, and now I can't stand to watch TFC... and I know I'm not alone!

R U kidding me ... that was a fast paced, exciting game with some decent stuff especially the first half... don't know what u consider unwatchable !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    That's what you get for ditching the half past the hour starts. Those old 3:30s and 7:30s were perfect.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R U kidding me ... that was a fast paced, exciting game with some decent stuff especially the first half... don't know what u consider unwatchable !!!
    We must have been watching different games. Very few stretches of control for either side, too many giveaways, return of the longball... looked like a highschool match for much of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We must have been watching different games. Very few stretches of control for either side, too many giveaways, return of the longball... looked like a highschool match for much of the game.
    This is what puzzled me... wasnt the whole point of total football supposed to minimize the long ball to nowhere? Seems like that was all we did last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    This is what puzzled me... wasnt the whole point of total football supposed to minimize the long ball to nowhere? Seems like that was all we did last game.
    It's 4-3-3 with a mixture of long ball and playing out from the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Keeper To Get England Start?
    Either Roberts or Bush should get the call at U-17 World Cup tonight

An injury to starting goalkeeper Maxime Crépeau in the opening match ensures that a Toronto FC Academy keeper, either Quillan Roberts or Chad Bush, will get the start against the English.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/06...england-start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MLSE would ban all fans for life for something like this, but it does look wicked (academy game?):

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...at-an-entrance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I think MLSE would ban all fans for life for something like this, but it does look wicked (academy game?):

The few times I've seen flares at BMO, the fools had no idea how to handle them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    3 lions baby.
    3 lions? More like 3 kittens these days. England = soft!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post

This clip's longer but from the semi's of the same tourney. PEÑAROL sure know how to use fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3Cb...layer_embedded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drexel10 View Post
    I believe it was as well. I think they have been pretty accurate with announced attendances, because if it was tickets sold it would be much higher all the time. My section in 109 is almost all STH, but not always very full (was this Saturday).

For some reason people always feel that MLSE is fabricating the truth.

hardly LOL

the stadium was pretty full but there is no way there was 21000 there .

18-19000 probably.

and MLSE does clearly fabricate the numbers, everyone remembers anounced attendances of above 16000 when the stadium was half empty.

then there was the time they stood outside the ski and snowboard show and handed out free tickets to get butts in the stands, etc, etc

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    3 lions? More like 3 kittens these days. England = soft!

yeah, I'm being a shit disturber