Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The swearing thing isn't any easy argument. You can't shelter your kids if you choose to take them. My son knows the words to TFC chants but we don't use them around the house and definitely not infront of grandma or with his teachers or coaches. Time and place.

At the same time, if folks are in a family section then a little courtesy goes a long way.

In the end though, I don't think this has to do with swearing in a general sense. I think it has more to do with an organized chant that is clearly audible on network TV which is likely why they targeted that one (and the SG) specifically.

But you're right, if they want to keep the chants off the TV broadcast it's easy to do. So it may have more to do with the "organized" part of the chants they don't like. Customers are great, organized customers are tougher to deal with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...37842492960306
    i did not see this there, but join and show your support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the Supporters Summit this issue was raised and heatedly debated (mostly by Toronto SGs in attendance). MLS Executive Nelson Rodriguez was the one who brought it up and really pushed for swearing to be prohibited in the stands and more specifically this chant (YSA) but swearing in general. There was even an SG from San Jose in attendance who has tried to go so far as to get another SG from their club disbanded for using profane language. The debate at the time ended in somewhat of a stalemate but was followed by the infamous "carrots and sticks" approach favoured by said Executive. My guess is that this policy is quietly being tested for effectiveness. The league is in the process of writing guidelines for standard MLS security policies (in as much as they can). While these guidelines are not yet mandatory i guess some clubs have started to implement them.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another account that I found on Usector and direct link to the embeded ones:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2011/6/...d-arrested-for

There is video of a supporter being arrested for swearing on there, while the cops swear at him.

That summed it up for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put forth a motion that from here on the suffix -gate will be removed from the English language.

All in favour, say Aye.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sounds like Censorgate to me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Another account that I found on Usector and direct link to the embeded ones:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2011/6/...d-arrested-for

There is video of a supporter being arrested for swearing on there, while the cops swear at him.

That summed it up for me.
    The cops were swearing?

Frankly, I'm sure my son hears worse stuff in High School than he does from the organized chants at a football match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're asking that for the next few games, instead of the YSA chant at goal kicks, we change it to support the fort. Wonder which one would piss off mls more?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^"They" the NE support?

and YSA is everyone else's of douchebag? Is that right?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^"They" the NE support?

and YSA is everyone else's of douchebag? Is that right?
    They as in the support the fort and yes, the YSA is whenever a goal kick is taken by the other keeper, but we tend to cue the vuvuzelas and douchebag chants

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Got it.

Lent my support. Will help any way I can.

and....Vuvuzela? at BMO? If true please taunt them.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^Got it.

Lent my support. Will help any way I can.

and....Vuvuzela? at BMO? If true please taunt them.
    there's no actual vuvuzelas, we just make the noise to try and put off the keeper. All of this is dependent on us getting far enough up field for people to actually shoot of course ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    A chant/song should be created. Something quick and easy, loaded with fuck's and basically saying "we can say what we want"

Then all SG's league wide should sing it during a week's play.

Let the league know who pays their fuckin bills.
    Last edited by koryo; 06-23-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

harass the facebook page and convince them to mail out 'support the fort' t-shirt to up here in TO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I ask again. How on earth is "You suck assholes" considered profane?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24827

"Step on their throats" gets you kicked out of Bmo Field, if you cross-paths with the right people on the right powertrip.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dont we do the same? I really dont see why not. In fact, I think it would look pretty cool seeing that whole south end as well as NEE emptied out for one game. What would be cooler is we all attend for OH-Canada and right after that.........leave the match...Thats gota knock some sense into the FO....? Anyone agree??!

Mikey

Whole south end? First five rows of 112 and the first two rows of 113 more like. When Nee left last season everyone just moved down the front of 127 into their empty seats about 30 seconds after they were gone.

I predict any seats walked out on in the south end would fill in again in seconds.....

EDIT* plus, add in sods law, with TFC scoring twice in three minutes immediately after people left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexinese View Post
    Why dont we do the same? I really dont see why not. In fact, I think it would look pretty cool seeing that whole south end as well as NEE emptied out for one game. What would be cooler is we all attend for OH-Canada and right after that.........leave the match...Thats gota knock some sense into the FO....? Anyone agree??!

Why exactly are we walking out?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    hey cool its me after yet another loss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday was Black Sunday in New England.
    The all wore black and walked out in the 16th minute...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zhosef/...57627096069365

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway we can put up a big banner to "Support The Fort" to show solidarity?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a suggestion - just change everything to 'Garber'.

When an opposing GK takes a kick, shout "You Suck Garber !", and (to the tune of 'Oh, My darling Clementine') "You're a Garber, You're a Garber, You're a Garber, Referee...".

It works on so many levels.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Here's a suggestion - just change everything to 'Garber'.

When an opposing GK takes a kick, shout "You Suck Garber !", and (to the tune of 'Oh, My darling Clementine') "You're a Garber, You're a Garber, You're a Garber, Referee...".

It works on so many levels.
    I see what you're trying to do, but I think Garber would prefer that so ultimately he'd "win" if we did that.

Instead, lets turn all words into swear words. So instead of "You Suck Asshole", lets go with "Shit fuck Asshole!" and sound like we all have tourettes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find the bad language incredibly unclever on our behalf, and i would prefer it not to be there. The best chants are more tongue-in-cheek that 'your an asshole', which if i may say so, does nothing to ingratiate us with the ref.

So, if it was a vote, i'd say let's turn our brain-volume to 11 and sing hilarious songs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I see what you're trying to do, but I think Garber would prefer that so ultimately he'd "win" if we did that.

Instead, lets turn all words into swear words. So instead of "You Suck Asshole", lets go with "Shit fuck Asshole!" and sound like we all have tourettes.
    I'm not sure that it would be a win for him. On the one hand we're using his name as a synonym for 'Asshole', while at the same time, the message is 'you suck, Garber'. It slices and dices.

Sure, we aren't using the actual term, but I think it's a good end-run. No-one's going to get arrested for saying 'Garber', and it may draw more attention to the matter - especially if a league's worth of fans joins in.

in fact, I'm going to start using it at work now... 'Hey, Garber'... 'Nice one, Garber'... (geez, what a Garber).
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    I actually find the bad language incredibly unclever on our behalf, and i would prefer it not to be there. The best chants are more tongue-in-cheek that 'your an asshole', which if i may say so, does nothing to ingratiate us with the ref.

So, if it was a vote, i'd say let's turn our brain-volume to 11 and sing hilarious songs.
    Well, we could always say...You inhale with great force anal pour.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So "Fellatio, Rectum" would be OK?

Sounds like something from Harry Potter.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post

Some of its gratuitous, I'll grant you, but some of it is heat of the moment stuff. A player cheats, or a ref (weekly) blows an obvious call, I swear a bucket full. Why? I'm fucking angry that's why. And I don't care how many kids are around me, whether any of them are mine, or how many muppet jobsworths get offended. When I was a boy, I heard and saw much worse than swearing. And what did my dad do? He told me that whatever was said in the football ground stayed in the football ground. If I repeat it outside, especially in front of my mother, I'd get it (which in those days meant a proper kicking).

End of the day, this move by FOs and the league is an attempt at social control, spear-headed by people who are thick enough think that child-proofing the world is a good idea.

What I can't stand about situations like this is, ultimately, it will be a small and vocal group of prudish bastards, with the emotional development of toddlers I might add, who aren't able to provide any context for their kids simply because the world is still black and white to them. Naturally, they want to ruin it for the rest of us.

Here's the solve:
    1. world-proof your child instead of child-proofing the world
    2. if you can't manage that, go back to fucking church
    Last edited by koryo; 07-19-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Some of its gratuitous, I'll grant you, but some of it is heat of the moment stuff. A player cheats, or a ref (weekly) blows an obvious call, I swear a bucket full. Why? I'm fucking angry that's why. And I don't care how many kids are around me, whether any of them are mine, or how many muppet jobsworths get offended. When I was a boy, I heard and saw much worse than swearing. And what did my dad do? He told me that whatever was said in the football ground stayed in the football ground. If I repeat it outside, especially in front of my mother, I'd get it (which in those days meant a proper kicking).

End of the day, this move by FOs and the league is an attempt at social control, spear-headed by people who are thick enough think that child-proofing the world is a good idea.

What I can't about situations like this is, ultimately, it will be a small and vocal group of prudish bastards, with the emotional development of toddlers I might add, who aren't able to provide any context for their kids simply because the world is still black and white to them. Naturally, they want to ruin it for the rest of us.

Here's the solve:
    1. world-proof your child instead of child-proofing the world
    2. if you can't manage that, go back to fucking church
    AMEN