Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto Worst Sports City in NA

No big surprise here...

great tfc game yesterday ..
    any common denom's ??

welcome to your Carlsberg years fella's ...

http://www.680news.com/news/local/ar...h-america-espn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're pretty depressing but no way are we the worst.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly can't argue with this. The only good teams we've had for a while were the Argonauts and Rock, and of course Torontonians can't be bother to watch those teams play. Canadian football and Lacrosse are beneath our cultured sensibilities.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto has been near the bottom of the cities list for the last few years in the rankings compiled by ESPN. (based on the big four - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL).... nothing new.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/...?urn=top-wp133

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ML$E is reason why we suck! Their management and greed is killing our teams and making our teams into "brands" and selling it to suits.

Blue Jays in the other hand just play in very tough division. I am sure if AL had 8 playoffs spots, Blue Jays would make it to the playoffs a lot more often.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way I felt leaving the stadium yesterday I would vote yes, esp with 2 guys and chick, seattle fans heckinlin TFC and Canadians , I don't think violence/anger is appropiate, but these were a sl*t and 2 Assholes.........and we had just shit the bed...........thank god Canada allows assholes everywhere to shit as they please...........I now never want to even associate with anyone from Seattle.....and glad I didn't go ballistic , although I may have said some nasty shit.......but please Toronto give me something to be proud of FFS, I may lose it at some point....thanx to the wife for keeping me grounded
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We reap what we sow. The Leafs are one, if not THE worst franchise of the big four sports in North America. They lick balls, and they are expensive to watch. The Jays have taken the brunt of the 94 strike and the overall frustration of Toronto sports fans. They are our most successful team, yet they get little respect.

Thank you Maple Leafs. Your mediocrity has made us into the laughing stock of sports!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I honestly can't argue with this. The only good teams we've had for a while were the Argonauts and Rock, and of course Torontonians can't be bother to watch those teams play. Canadian football and Lacrosse are beneath our cultured sensibilities.
    well i would say look at the Rock or Arganauts as an example of not all toronto teams are bad, however its really hard to compare CFL with only 7 teams and lacrose with 10 teams. The competition is just a bit weak in numbers. Teams are sort of exspected to win championships at least once every 7-10 years and in a season there is just the odd 2 or so teams that can say they had a bad lossing season. Its much harder when you are competting against leagues like NBA,NHL, MLB with 30 teams where a good 10 teams or so can say they had a shit lossing season. And even MLS now coming to 20 teams makes it alot harder to compete.
    Last edited by james; 06-19-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good thing they didn't add MLS franchises into the survey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ we'd definitely be dead last on bang for your buck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    We reap what we sow. The Leafs are one, if not THE worst franchise of the big four sports in North America. They lick balls, and they are expensive to watch. The Jays have taken the brunt of the 94 strike and the overall frustration of Toronto sports fans. They are our most successful team, yet they get little respect.

Thank you Maple Leafs. Your mediocrity has made us into the laughing stock of sports!
    How are the Jays our most successful team? The Leafs have made the playoffs in the last ten years, and have even been to a conference final. The Jays haven't done anything since 1993.

I think the "worst franchise in Toronto" tag, if you insist on giving one, could probably go to the Raptors, among the big four sports. A couple of anaemic playoff appearances, an inability to retain top talent, and nothing else.

People always default to the Leafs, because they can't get past "lol 1967", when the real story has more nuance than that.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst sports ity in north america? Ha that's a laugh. When I think of worst sports cities I think of cities where people don't show up for games even when the team is half decent or better. Places like atlanta, miami. Toronto teams get tremendous support for all their teams even though they are all mediocre or less, pound for pound toronto may be the best sports city in north america.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    the way I felt leaving the stadium yesterday I would vote yes, esp with 2 guys and chick, seattle fans heckinlin TFC and Canadians , I don't think violence/anger is appropiate, but these were a sl*t and 2 Assholes.........and we had just shit the bed...........thank god Canada allows assholes everywhere to shit as they please...........I now never want to even associate with anyone from Seattle.....and glad I didn't go ballistic , although I may have said some nasty shit.......but please Toronto give me something to be proud of FFS, I may lose it at some point....thanx to the wife for keeping me grounded
    imo any visiting fans who take the piss deserve whatever comes their way, not that I'm encouraging violence or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to the next time Paul B pops is head in here. I think just maybe he'll get the treatment he deserves - that of a no talent stuffed suit who's looking for friends and legitimacy in the wrong places.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's the weather's fault that Toronto isn't a strong sports city.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next time Paul B pops is head in here. I think just maybe he'll get the treatment he deserves - that of a no talent stuffed suit who's looking for friends and legitimacy in the wrong places.
    IMO , PB of the front office has committed the ultimate fail..

he was handed amazing support on a platter and he ruined ..
    but hey his tweets are witty ...

makes me sick ..MLS is not big league and never really will be but here in TO it felt like.. if they fostered support it could have been something special ..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're the orst, yippee!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    imo any visiting fans who take the piss deserve whatever comes their way, not that I'm encouraging violence or anything.
    if some away supporter starts runnin his gob at me in my stadium and city he will definately get whats comin to him, I don't give a fuck. Egg me on and your lips will be kissing the back of your throat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OurGame View Post
    IMO , PB of the front office has committed the ultimate fail...
    The day he told me - again, with a straight face - that the reason why TFC tickets were being bundled with Marlies tickets wasn't to gouge TFC fans but rather because there was demand for "multi-sport" packs was the day I gave up on him.

I'm not sure what defines our FO better, gouging fans with ransom packs or charging $150 for tickets to a friendly and offering a 10% "loyalty discount"....when other MLS teams rewarded their loyal fans with similar friendlies for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    The worst sports ity in north america? Ha that's a laugh. When I think of worst sports cities I think of cities where people don't show up for games even when the team is half decent or better. Places like atlanta, miami. Toronto teams get tremendous support for all their teams even though they are all mediocre or less, pound for pound toronto may be the best sports city in north america.
    Toronto may be the best team in N.A. for support....but when looking at overall (ownership, product on field, stadium experience (besides TFC), cost, and winning) I'd say that we are pretty bad. I think that if we didn't have this tremendous support (total assumption) our teams would win a lot more because they HAVE to. But who knows!?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    if some away supporter starts runnin his gob at me in my stadium and city he will definately get whats comin to him, I don't give a fuck. Egg me on and your lips will be kissing the back of your throat.
    like I said earlier sort of glad I physically held back,....it really is the only way to go with kids and wives around BUT, the sick feeling is we were walking out of the park and NO ONE else even argued or gave the 3 jerk Seattle fans a dose of pride or straight talk , I felt alone in a sea of prideless fans/STH's...and theSeattle douche's were basically dissing Canadians.....I felt pretty shocked and embarrassed that my answering back was the ONLY voice to be heard.......and knew I would be prob alone, for whatever reason if the wanted to pursue other levels of F**k You's........frankly I was shocked, what with the way we lost and the heads btwn our tails of the fans around me....it was if these f@@kers were right, and we as Canadians are not proud..........and push-overs......at least verbally put people in their place for gods sake.. nice to know where our fans stand,...perfect mlse supporters
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    Toronto may be the best team in N.A. for support....but when looking at overall (ownership, product on field, stadium experience (besides TFC), cost, and winning) I'd say that we are pretty bad. I think that if we didn't have this tremendous support (total assumption) our teams would win a lot more because they HAVE to. But who knows!?
    In the case of TFC you may be right. If they had sold only 4-5000 season tickets and then Seattle and other teams came into the league and started selling over 20,000 maybe they would have seen thenpotential to make more money set up a proper structure for the team, an experienced president, a proper GM, an experienced coach, scouting staff and so on. But, like they said about not signing a DP because they'd sold all the tickets maybe they didn't feel a proper FO wasn't necessary because they'd sold so many tickets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This isn't news Mods, please move to appropriate forum.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm cleveland worse?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    This isn't news Mods, please move to appropriate forum.
    ahahaha yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, at least we are #1 at something right.....

Do we get a "Shit"Trophy?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cleveland has at least been in the finals in the last decade or so.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know of anyone who is a Leafs fans AND a Cincy Bengals fan...you might want to have them put on a suicide watch.
    Thank God for my Steelers and Pens....and Pirates (they may actually be a .500 club this season).

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ That's me... but I don't take life too seriously so I'll be fine.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

least we win at being bad!

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK