Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Yeah, cause rebuilding into season 6 is a sure way to proceed.
    This assumes th the Season V rebuild is actually successful. It may be necessary again in season 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A designated player that can win you a game. What a novel concept.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In lieu of starting a "fuck it, I'm out" thread. I will post in here. the prose that I could concoct will not warrant such a self-aggrandizing post.

I'll just say this, I was saying to Carlos before the game at Joe's how much I love going to games this season because I don't have to worry about spending an arm and a leg to scalpers to watch (and take people to) shitty shitty soccer.

After Today, I dont feel that way. This was the worst game i've ever watched.

I am officially done putting my heart and soul into this team until they give me something in return.

Fuck them.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 06-18-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: i cant spell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasnt a total disaster of a game but not being able to put one in being up a man for a half shows some problems. Hardly anyone made runs from the middle to exploit man advantage and to create space. I think fortress bmo consisted of the turf screwing with other teams. Now grass makes it so friendly for the opposition
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    It wasnt a total disaster of a game but not being able to put one in being up a man for a half shows some problems. Hardly anyone made runs from the middle to exploit man advantage and to create space. I think fortress bmo consisted of the turf screwing with other teams. Now grass makes it so friendly for the opposition
    This team will get better, no doubt, but they'll hit a glass cieling in the middle of the table and won't be able to get past that because they'll never have a good enough roster to play the style they want. They'll never have the depth, one or two injuries will be all it takes. And they can't grind out a win (tried that last year and we didn't like it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    I must have been watching a different game than you guys; I thought we played a great first half, and the second half wasn't great, but at least they're playing soccer instead of 'hoof and hope'; On the whole, I found the performance very encouraging and a step in the right direction
    I lost count of how many times Frei just booted the ball up the park. The teams a fucking joke. Where's the system?. What the latest math on a playoff place now? The team didn't even head up to the corner at the end. How anyone can say anything positive now is beyond me. Shit show.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it just me or did TFC play worse when they were up a man?
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    Naw. Not just you. It was real. Sad but real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    I lost count of how many times Frei just booted the ball up the park.
    exactly, and i think this was winter's fault.

i mean, on every one against one, seattles were better, stronger, faster, they won mostly every time.

so why not avoid playing hope hope hope ?

keep the ball on the grass and try to outsmart them, while conserving energy.
    Last edited by alex andrew; 06-18-2011 at 09:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A designated player that can win you a game. What a novel concept.
    Montero woke up for one moment of brilliance. Hes been very ordinary for seattle this yr
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I hope it doesnt sound like an excuse, but we really do drop off in form without Gordon.. his being out so many games has really hurt us.

We just dont have enough quality and depth.
    The linchpin of our team is Alan Gordon. Wow. What does that say about this league. Not good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    The linchpin of our team is Alan Gordon. Wow. What does that say about this league. Not good.
    How is tfcs reliance on target man striker the leagues fault?

Kinda like saying boltons reliance on kevin davies is epls fault

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    I must have been watching a different game than you guys; I thought we played a great first half, and the second half wasn't great, but at least they're playing soccer instead of 'hoof and hope'; On the whole, I found the performance very encouraging and a step in the right direction
    You're joking, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    On the bright side its time to play the kids, relax a little and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Cue the Debbie Downers.....
    It's year fucking five.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    We played worse when we subbed Cordon on for Sturgis.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    We played worse when we subbed Cordon on for Sturgis.
    I really wanna know why sturgis got subbed.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think winter made the most mistakes.

the way i'm looking at it now, seattle played in 10, we played in 8, on a rotating basis, can't put a finger on three players, but they took turns, and it wasn't them, it was aaron.
    Last edited by alex andrew; 06-18-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was offended that none of the players had the fuckin bollocks to applaud the south stand tonight.
    Disgraceful

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me TFC deserved a better fate. In all, I think you can summarize the game in two comparative free kicks. Montero vs Sturgis. Skill vs not good enough.

Winters acquisitions for his wide strikers are not providing the necessary attack. Plata, Soolsma and Martina have been absent for way too often. They have moments in possession, but in the 433, you need scoring and they do not provide that.

Stevanovic is a complete bust. I hope they send him back to Torino. Just horrible. His passing, dribbling, technique, the stuff he said he provided has been a complete failure and he was supposed to be "the guy" who was going to make things happen. I cannot express how much of a failure he is in my eyes. I hope he turns it around, but I dont believe in him as a player anymore.

Winter is looking like a horrible choice and unfortunately he will likely not be fired even though he tactically appears out of his depth. Ive yet to see him really adjust when teams do. Nowak made him look foolish, Schmid put on a clinic on how to play counter attack with only ten men (not to mention bring in solid players in your first season as coach). I'm disappointed in him.

Borman is looking better and Eckersley put in the 2nd best cross in TFC history today launching a ball perfectly to Plata to went on to do nothing with it. Sad I can remeber that stuff. Best cross was in NY from Johann Smith to Fuad Ibrahim who cooley slotted the ball in - and then went on to do nothing with his career. Hopefully Borman improves his defending so we can have settled our LB and RB positions. Also Henry appears to be looking like a solid prospect. Sturgis appears to be an adequate replacement for JDG or fill in for Tchani for now.

Without players in the attacking three and an attacking mid who can dictate play, TFC will continue to lose.

Hopefully people are enjoying their attacking football, cause thats the most important thing. Not winning, not points... This time last year TFC was in the middle of a run that saw us beat Cruz Azul. Just sayin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is that the July transfer window can't come fast enough. After that, I'll be able to assess of Mariner/Winter if they're good enough. I do agree with Winter that they were the better team and were unlucky but that's the difference between Toronto and Seattle. Sheer brilliance from a decent DP who made his own luck. We have JDG.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 06-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt' watch the game. I was at a family get-together and they're not TFC fans so the Gold Cup game was on instead. So I watched the game in 6 minutes when I got home and it seemed like it was a pretty even game and that a little luck could have changed the game. That Martina opportunity could have given us 3 points. But now that I read the posts, can someone tell me how the team played? The TFC video seemed to show the game pretty even. Until I got on to the board I just thought it was a badluck loss. Did the team play poorly?
    Last edited by Roogsy; 06-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing is that the quality of the majority of our players sucks big time, even for a second rate league like MLS.

But I find a deeper problem that Winter has demonstrated too many times already in my eyes that he's incapable to motivate his players, to breed in them the winning mentality, which is essential to the success of any team.
    And this won't change, even if we'll get 3-4 better new players into the squad.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^personally, i thought we played better v Revs on wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I really wanna know why sturgis got subbed.
    ^this exactly

also, minus that one legit foul, Yourassowsky was driving me bonkers with how easy he went to ground
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    TFC was a man up for the entire 2nd half and could only create 1, yes that's right, 1 actual goal scoring chance. They have absolutely nothing going forward without Gordon.
    I put some of the blame on Winter for this one. TFC were playing great with Sturgis running the midfield first half, so he subs out Sturgis for Cordon at half time and Cordon gives the ball away 5-6 times second half. I like Cordon a lot, but that was the wrong move.
    Henry is turning into TFC's best defender. Hard to be mad at him for the foul which resulted in Seattle's free kick goal.
    Yourass is an embarassment. Isn't Winter embarassed to see him diving and complaining out there?
    The only players I saw worth keeping out there tonight for TFC were Frei, Eckersley, Henry and strangely enough for once, Sturgis. Get rid of everyone else this offseason.
    PLata should have had an assist on the cross along goal mouth. Good performance by him. I would say the whole back line (including Harden) and Plata played like they belonged. In front only Sturgis and Plata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I didnt' watch the game. I was at a family get-together and they're not TFC fans so the Gold Cup game was on instead. So I watched the game in 6 minutes when I get home and it seemed like it was a pretty even game and that a little luck could have changed the game. That Martina opportunity could have given us 3 points. But now that I read the posts, can someone tell me how the team played? The TFC video seemed to show the game pretty even. Until I got on to the board I just thought it was a badluck loss. Did the team play poorly?
    we were a man up for almost 40 min and Seattle would have won with me in goal....no threat, no final ball- dull game all in all. Seattle were poor and there for the taking.With Gordon/without having played midweek, we'd likely have won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please tell me that Sturgis did not play in the second half because of injury, because if he was just taken off by Winter to put Cordon in his place then that was the worst coaching decision in TFC history, please tell me Sturgis came off due to injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I didnt' watch the game. I was at a family get-together and they're not TFC fans so the Gold Cup game was on instead. So I watched the game in 6 minutes when I got home and it seemed like it was a pretty even game and that a little luck could have changed the game. That Martina opportunity could have given us 3 points. But now that I read the posts, can someone tell me how the team played? The TFC video seemed to show the game pretty even. Until I got on to the board I just thought it was a badluck loss. Did the team play poorly?
    The team played as well as it can. This seems like this is it. This is not a team that will ever "punch above its weight" so one or two moments of bad luck will always be the difference.

Once in a while TFC will get a few lucky breaks (Martina scoring instead of hitting the post) but it always feels like the other team will make adjustments.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's too bad.

I know I have been very negative on the team but I certainly always go into a game hoping they would win. The whole night I was thinking about whether a win tonight would make hopefully start a good run for the team. It has to start sometime right?

I know there are lots of people on here that object to the amount that I criticize the team, but I honestly believe there is reason for it and I care enough to want things to be fixed. And I always remember that it could be worse, I could not care at all and be like some of those many people that are leaving the stands possibly to not come back for a long time.

I am not going to rant about management tonight. I will just be sad for my team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    Someone please tell me that Sturgis did not play in the second half because of injury, because if he was just taken off by Winter to put Cordon in his place then that was the worst coaching decision in TFC history, please tell me Sturgis came off due to injury.
    Sturgis did not play in the second half because of injury

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    if Sturgis wasn't injured, only reason that I can think of for the sub is that Winter thought that TFC had the run of play for most of first half, and needed just a little more offence to push for a goal in Cordon. Except it backfired big time.

-Eduardo Galeano