Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Owen Hargreaves

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle p View Post
    This is possibly the most irrelevant post in this whole thread!! You know he wont come for 100k, they know he wont come for 100k, but your still asking.

If your talking about signing a player lets talk about numbers he's currently getting or numbers he's recently played for....

Would you guys sign Messi for 2 million? <----- Se how stupid that sounds
    Which, if you read the whole post, is precisely why I said it would not happen at 100k but used that as a generic number to gage how much he was wroth to people here. Sheesh.

Oh, and i'd say the most irrelevant posts are the people not wanting to sign him based on his national team allegiance.....not that's pretty stupid.
    Last edited by TFCin110; 06-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is possibly the most irrelevant post in this whole thread!! You know he wont come for 100k, they know he wont come for 100k, but your still asking.

If your talking about signing a player lets talk about numbers he's currently getting or numbers he's recently played for....

Would you guys sign Messi for 2 million? <----- Se how stupid that sounds
    Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    Which, if you read the whole post, is precisely why I said it would not happen at 100k but used that as a generic number to gage how much he was wroth to people here. Sheesh.

Oh, and i'd say the most irrelevant posts are the people not wanting to sign him based on his national team allegiance.....not that's pretty stupid.

That's opinion and you are entitled to it but let's refrain from name calling.

This is getting country vs club and always sparks passionate responses. Let's keep this a respectful discussion.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott, would you take him at 100k? We likely still would not get him for that, but just say that was the number.
    No. Not for political reasons, but because I think he is done physically. His last appearance at Utd ended in a few minutes when he pulled something chasing a ball.

I don't think he'd last a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually could see him taking a cut price deal for a season or half of one. He's said he's willing to do a pay as you play deal. I think his goal is to show that he isn't done physically.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this thread still up... This crocked piece of shit can go fuck himself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    He was born in Canada.

I'm sure he has a nice fake British accent now though.
    I knew him when he was growing up in Calgary, as I played quite a few years with his dad on Calgary Britannia...his old man was a brilliant ex-pro from England...so he still has strong ties to the West even though he hasn't lived there of late....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    No. Not for political reasons, but because I think he is done physically. His last appearance at Utd ended in a few minutes when he pulled something chasing a ball.

I don't think he'd last a match.
    Agreed.

I'll add to the others that have posted that he is just not what we need right now.

He's never been a goal scorer or much of a play maker. And we desperately need that. He's always been a hard working midfielder who's game really revolved around high pressure on players with the ball. Sure, we could us that as well but not as much a goal scorer or play maker. Next in line for our needs is another central defender.

If he was crazy enough to come here for $100k for the rest of the year then sure, I'd take a flyer on him. But it's just not going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC In For Owen Hargreaves?

Former Bayern Munich and Manchester midfielder Owen Hargreaves has been linked with a move to Toronto FC
    Cleansheets all around states that Hargreaves is being chased by Toronto FC and MLS new boys the Vancouver Whitecaps to bring him home and end his injury nightmare.

http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.c...#ixzz1Q14DucFM
    Last edited by craigtfc; 06-22-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, the guy can't stay healthy.

Secondly, why would we waste more money on a defensive midfielder when it's so clear our primary problems exist in front of goal.

If we're going to spend any big money, it needs to be on someone who will create 10+ goals/season; not on another defensive minded midfielder.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fuck no!!! why are we signing another injury prone player...Is Alan Gordan not enough??

And does MLS have a "pay as you play" system in place?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    fuck no!!! why are we signing another injury prone player...Is Alan Gordan not enough??

And does MLS have a "pay as you play" system in place?
    Its not true (for now anyways).

Vital Football is a garbage website. Never believe anything from them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ya I clicked on the link and they looked suspect.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Thank the lords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, it's not even on MLS Rumours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the point!!! How can we take the next step when our players choose to play elsewhere? Canada needs all its best players on our side of the pitch!!!

Im sorry but id rather lose with Canada than win with Scotland or Italy (my parents)
    2 out of our 3 goalkeepers weren't born in this country. Our best defender wasn't born in this country and they chose to play for Canada instead of their place of birth. Pedro Pacheco is more Portuguese then he is Canadian but he chooses to play here.

That's life, you win some you lose some.

I only blame one group of people for losing out on players like Hargreaves and Johnathan De Guzman. And that's the incompetence of the CSA.

I have a hard time seeing how people take this so freeking personal around here.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your apathy is noted and confuses us as much as our distaste for this subject does to you.

I'm still glad you keep up with the team, though. If you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Your apathy is noted and confuses us as much as our distaste for this subject does to you.

i don't see that as apathy in the slightest. it's his opinion, which i happen to agree with. OH's parents and all of his siblings are born in GB - he went to europe at around 16 and ended up choosing England. it may be frustrating but the venom and hate-on is way over the top imo. canada really needs to develop and environment that attacks and the csa has not been doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, is thread going to turn into another bitch each other thread ala the de Guzman thread farce?

However, apologies if I misinterpreted your post.
    Last edited by flambe; 06-22-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Misinterpretation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the arguments by the player apologists is why I have suggested CSA get transfer fees for these players. If people are going to start acting like national teams are clubs, we should reap the rewards.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wait a minute, didn't he consider playing for Germany as well?

And didn't he whine himself off Bayern so he could go to United, once they showed some interest? After being developed by Bayern and being a part of their organization for a decade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm i prefer Yourassowski

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    2 out of our 3 goalkeepers weren't born in this country. Our best defender wasn't born in this country and they chose to play for Canada instead of their place of birth. Pedro Pacheco is more Portuguese then he is Canadian but he chooses to play here.

I only blame one group of people for losing out on players like Hargreaves and Johnathan De Guzman. And that's the incompetence of the CSA.

I have a hard time seeing how people take this so freeking personal around here.
    and why do you think these guys get anywhere near CMNT? because the likes of Begovic, De Guzman, Hargreaves, Bunbury etc went elsewhere. How can you compare players qualified for Canada, ranked 75th, playing for much higher ranked teams with the likes of Pacheco who wouldn't get anywhere near the Selecção or a Bircham or a Borjan.
    I honestly treat each of these cases individually, De Guzman had been in the Netherlands since he was 13, he went to school there, I can understand why he would feel Dutch. Bunbury has spent pretty much all his life outside Canada, regardless of who his dad is I can accept him choosing the US if he feels he's more American than Canadian. Hell I don't even get that upset if they say they want to play for Canada and then go back on it because I came to the realization a long time ago that pretty much all professional athletes are totally untrustworthy.
    The one thing about Hargreaves though, and Begovic particularly, is that they took precious dollars from our player development program. This is Canada, its not as if soccer's rolling in money here and to have someone who the CSA has spent thousands on just fuck off at the first opportunity sticks in my craw and should do the same to anyone who considers themselves a CMNT fan.
    Yeah we know the CSA is fucked up BUT you know what? the first Hargreaves or Begovic who says I refuse to play for Canada until the CSA is reformed but won't run to another country would be my fucking hero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post

If you play for a country, you should be born there or at the very least, raised in said country. The whore did not fit either bill when choosing England. Like many others have pointed out countless times, nobody would have a problem with his decision if he was actually raised in England. However, for some reason, you always have your head up your ass posting the same drivel asking "Why are people upset about him choosing England?" or something along those lines. What the f*ck is it with you? What don't you understand?
    Last edited by Macksam; 06-22-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man I wish the guy would just retire so that we wouldn't keep having this conversation every time his name comes up in a rumour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad was born in England and came here at 4, does that make him a traitor for cheering for Canada in the cricket world cup?
    That's because most of them are traitors themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally understand why Canadians may dislike him for choosing England over them, but lets be real, what prospects are there for him playing for Canada, it's a poor side with no chance of making a World Cup, Playing for England he gets to prove himself against the best in the world Euro's and World Cups. Not to mention his old man was English and would probably want his son to play there given the option, he also had a chance for Wales (as his mother was Welsh) but unfortunately they are also trash on the World level.

Not to mention how big 'soccer' really was in Canada at the time.

He has an English father and he was brought up in Canada and moved to Germany at the age of 16..He made the right choice career wise as he got to a World Cup and earned himself a big money move to Man Utd due to it.

My opinion will not be taken kindly on this board but it's just reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    If you play for a country, you should be born there or at the very least, raised in said country. The whore did not fit either bill when choosing England. Like many others have pointed out countless times, nobody would have a problem with his decision if he was actually raised in England. However, for some reason, you always have your head up your ass posting the same drivel asking "Why are people upset about him choosing England?" or something along those lines. What the f*ck is it with you? What don't you understand?
    Oh yes, and here comes the typical Macksam response. Funny I was going to say that after I said my comment just to save you some time

Stop wasting your finger twitching on me dude, I really don't care too much what you have to say.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just started reading this thread from page 4 until this point and i love it.... i'm gonna start from page 1 for full action, drama and suspense
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    If you play for a country, you should be born there or at the very least, raised in said country. The whore did not fit either bill when choosing England.
    Radzinski was 17 when he moved to Canada, but we cheered for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Jenkins12;1325235]I totally understand why Canadians may dislike him for choosing England over them, but lets be real, what prospects are there for him playing for Canada, it's a poor side with no chance of making a World Cup

I don't fucken understand this, I thought playing for your country was about national pride and giving back to a country that gave you everything, not fucken who will have a better chance at the world cup. If that was the case, guess there would only be 8 countries in the world cup. All of these fucken losers can go fuck a hat, they are traitors.