Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal Impact has BMO as its main sponsor

http://www.impactmontreal.com/News/N...ArticleID=1649

As official sponsor, BMO will have its logo displayed on the Montreal Impact jersey, in a section of Saputo Stadium, on the players’ bench, at the stadium’s main entrance and on tickets.

Kill me now
    |
    x______________________________________________

Twitter: toast84

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes more sence than us
    It is Bank of MONTREAL and BLUE is their colour

Otherwise who cares happens in Europe all the time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What, you mean their sponsor isn't going to be TD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    What, you mean their sponsor isn't going to be TD?

This is what I was going to post.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Makes more sence than us
    It is Bank of MONTREAL and BLUE is their colour

Otherwise who cares happens in Europe all the time
    Also makes sense because o the amount if sponsorship BMO has been doing around soccer in general in Canada.

They probably see soccer as an untapped growing market to put their advertising dollars and community projects into. Which is great. The more corporate dollars floating into soccer across Canada the better.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Makes sense. BMO is putting money into soccer in Canada.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Though soon it could be like Rangers/Celtic and the top 3 in Portugal... where they all have the same jersey sponsor. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this coming a mile away! BMO is really tapping into Canadian soccer market. Good for them!

Also remember Toronto and Vancouver also sharing some of their sponsors (Tim Hortons, Air Canada, BMO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Bell on the Vancouver jersey, I thought Rogers would make a play for the Montreal Jersey - just b/c of the competition between the two... Although with the Jays and Rogers Centre, they have plenty of presence in the Toronto sports market already and Rogers Sports Net nationally...

Then again - perhaps they're waiting to make a play for the TFC jersey when the BMO jersey deal expires (which I have no idea / information when-if-how it does)...

It's not a far stretch, Bell on the Vancouver Blue, Rogers on the TFC Red, and Bank of Montreal on the Montreal kit...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    With Bell on the Vancouver jersey, I thought Rogers would make a play for the Montreal Jersey - just b/c of the competition between the two... Although with the Jays and Rogers Centre, they have plenty of presence in the Toronto sports market already and Rogers Sports Net nationally...

Then again - perhaps they're waiting to make a play for the TFC jersey when the BMO jersey deal expires (which I have no idea / information when-if-how it does)...

It's not a far stretch, Bell on the Vancouver Blue, Rogers on the TFC Red, and Bank of Montreal on the Montreal kit...

Carts...
    The jersey sponorship has a few more years on it. I'm not angry with this, if anything we should be celebrating BMO for their work in Canadian soccer. Honestly, I have considered switching from CIBC to BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO on the TFC jersey until 2016.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...mo-1285550.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes sense, but I'll still feel dirty sharing a sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Though soon it could be like Rangers/Celtic and the top 3 in Portugal... where they all have the same jersey sponsor. LOL
    they go a step beyond sharing sponsors and enter into joint contracts for their sponsor.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    it makes sense, but I'll still feel dirty sharing a sponsor.
    THIS
    |
    x______________________________________________

Twitter: toast84

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is also a sponsor of Vancouver, so in fact, they are sponsors of all 3 teams except Bell is the shirt sponsor for the Whitecaps. BMO is very dedicated to supporting soccer in Canada and being visible in the soccer space. A space once owned by CIBC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    BMO is also a sponsor of Vancouver, so in fact, they are sponsors of all 3 teams except Bell is the shirt sponsor for the Whitecaps. BMO is very dedicated to supporting soccer in Canada and being visible in the soccer space. A space once owned by CIBC.
    Do they support the CSA as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's great that BMO is assuming a prominent role as a sponsor of Canadian soccer clubs, but I'm not a fan of clubs in the same league (especially rivals) having the same shirt sponsor.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna be honest, I'm more than a little surprised that BMO is going sponsor both clubs. Sure, there are some good reasons for doing so. It's just that I figured for sure Saputo would either keep his company's logo on it or Hydro Quebec or someone.

Actually, you know what? While I'm still surprised BMO teamed-up with them, it's not surprising that larger corporations in Canada are stepping up to soccer and wanting to really help push the product. I mean think about some of the sponsors we have compared to a lot of the team down south. There are a lot of local companies and organizations with advert space at many US stadiums, but only a few larger companies along the lines of Bell Canada or BMO Bank involved.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^I figured Saputo was for sure going to be their shirt sponsor as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Do they support the CSA as well?
    Yes they do as well as some of the major soccer clubs in Canada like the Oakville Soccer Club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post

Carts...
    Stating this as my personal opinion for legality reasons:

Rogers wouldn't sponsor a team in Quebec due to the fact that Fido is the biggest presence out there, and with a non-compete agreement with other Cable television providers, there will not be any Rogers Cable there.

From a business perspective it would be smarter to try and get the TFC sponsorship. There is already an existing partnership between TFC and Rogers through gameday sponsorships, events and giveaways...plus there are potential cable and wireless customers entering BMO field, whereas at Saputo if you are likely to convert anyone it is to Fido.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Saputo figured the other players would mock the L'Impact players when they got hurt in a tackle .. you alright there, sugar??

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Saputo was big in cheese (and dairy) not sugar. LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad I still have the original non-sponsor jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bah, who knows?? I thought they branded and sold sugar as well

give me some time and I'll com up with something like ils puent comme le fromage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If BMO is the shirt sponsor of the Limp Act, then they better be dumping their shirt sponsorship of TFC

it is unacceptable that one of TFC's biggest rivals have the same shirt sponsor. Would Liverpool fans find it acceptable if tomorrow their shirts were sponsored by Chang? What if the Man United shirt sponsor was Etihad Airways...how would Partizan fans feel if Gazprom became their shirt sponsor tomorrow?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how it matters. Would Everton and United supporters be less interested in TFC if they had Chang or Carlsberg as their sponsor either? Are we really paying attention to what matters here? The point is a corporation is supporting soccer in this country with MONEY, something that rarely happens in this country at all and we're going to bitch about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    If BMO is the shirt sponsor of the Limp Act, then they better be dumping their shirt sponsorship of TFC

it is unacceptable that one of TFC's biggest rivals have the same shirt sponsor. Would Liverpool fans find it acceptable if tomorrow their shirts were sponsored by Chang? What if the Man United shirt sponsor was Etihad Airways...how would Partizan fans feel if Gazprom became their shirt sponsor tomorrow?
    Having the same shirt "sponsor" I don't think is a big deal...

In fact, its more 'odd' (on paper) that the 'Bank of Montreal' sponsors at team in Toronto (although we all know they're a national business branded BMO)...

As for the EPL reference, I think it would hurt rivals more if say a ManU kit had 'LIVERPOOL ECU' or a Liverpool Kit had 'MANCHESTER LTD' on the kit, than if they shared the same worldwide bank, insurance, or airline logo... (not that it would ever happen)... lol

Imagine if the BMO logo was just the words 'BANK OF MONTREAL' written out - now that would suck a bit! LOL

Carts....

PS: Yes, I know they're branded as "BMO" now, just posting some thoughts and fun, not to be taken as gospel, or that I am trying to pick a fight, be a wikepedia page of knowledge or stir the pot, or all the other shit that gets people going on every post (ie the branding of a company or the epl reference)...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I don't see how it matters. Would Everton and United supporters be less interested in TFC if they had Chang or Carlsberg as their sponsor either? Are we really paying attention to what matters here? The point is a corporation is supporting soccer in this country with MONEY, something that rarely happens in this country at all and we're going to bitch about it?
    Your comparison isn't correct. It would be comparing Everton/Liverpool or United/City. It's all trivial really.

Your second point is much more important though. As long as the corporate dollars keep coming in that is all that really matters and all that we should care about.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Besides... as I mentioned, it already happens in Scotland and Portugal.

It's all about the $$$