Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    That's what I thought as well. I didn't think they would consider the last 6 or 7 games of '09 as a season. I don't think he'll be back for '12. My guess is they'll cut him a cheque for 1.7 and release him.
    This is probably what's going on. TFC want to negotiate a buyout at some percentage of the $2.5 mil still owed on the contract. JDG's agent is probably asking for 100% of the amount owing (I would if I were him).

The logical next step is for TFC to assign JDG on loan to a USL-2 team, just to get his attention.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Makes sense. The "rumours" that JDG wants out (or TFC wants him out) could be trial balloons by management to see how people react, and to put some pressure on JDG. (I.e., you're not really wanted; you don't have much value.)

Player & agent meanwhile say JDG is 100% committed, i.e., they want a good deal for him to leave.

Just a wild guess of course. I'm just trying to understand why this rumour (and the response from JDG's side) make sense.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    ....He was black-listed in Spain for speaking out against the players not being paid and there were no offers coming from Europe....
    The supposed black listing thing looked suspiciously like spin from his agent to me given the lack of offers from elsewhere in Europe. From what I remember Espanol did show some interest but there was some complication on the number of non-EU players that scuppered the deal (might do some googling later). Beyond that something to bear in mind about MLS contracts is that there are often option years involved so hopefully he isn't on a guaranteed deal for 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is probably what's going on. TFC want to negotiate a buyout at some percentage of the $2.5 mil still owed on the contract. JDG's agent is probably asking for 100% of the amount owing (I would if I were him).

The logical next step is for TFC to assign JDG on loan to a USL-2 team, just to get his attention.
    I'm sure his agent is no dummy. I'm pretty sure there is no room for negotiation for a buyout. It's 100% of what's owed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the post which recommends loaning him to a usl team. There he might finally feel comfortable playing with players of his quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure his agent is no dummy. I'm pretty sure there is no room for negotiation for a buyout. It's 100% of what's owed.
    A buyout wouldn't be in the contract, it would be negotiated to be mutually beneficial. JDG would have to want to go though, and be willing to take less than what they owe him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I like the post which recommends loaning him to a usl team. There he might finally feel comfortable playing with players of his quality.
    I would be shocked if his contract doesn't have a no-trade/loan clause.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was awful for Canada day and failed to score on a 1 on 1 with the keeper. That 'goal' would've seen us through. I think he's lost all confidence at this point.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I would be shocked if his contract doesn't have a no-trade/loan clause.
    Think you might wind up being shocked then. In the last expansion draft designated players had to be protected if they had a no-trade clause:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...on-draft-rules

• Designated players are NOT automatically protected (i.e., Clubs must choose whether to protect such players and if such player is not protected, he will be available for selection in the Expansion Draft). However, if the Designated Player has a no-trade clause in his contract, then his MLS club must protect him and he will count as one of the 11 players who may be protected.

JDG was initially left off TFC's list so presumably that means he can be traded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_ML...aft#Toronto_FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^interesting, and very suprised. Good detective work :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A buyout wouldn't be in the contract, it would be negotiated to be mutually beneficial. JDG would have to want to go though, and be willing to take less than what they owe him.
    Not unless there is a clause specifying any buyout would have to be 100% of any salary remaining on his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I hear the Toronto Lynx need a good DM. Or maybe Thunder Bay of the PDL

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not unless there is a clause specifying any buyout would have to be 100% of any salary remaining on his contract.
    These things can always be negotiated.

If he's unhappy, I'm sure Winter & Co. will let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Yes, it could be like Laurent Robert, he signed a contract and then wanted out and was let go.

Of course, first JDG's agent would have to quietly find him another job, like Robert's did for him in Greece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

From what we have apparently heard from his agent, he isn't unhappy and is fully committed to the team. I think ultimately he will be here til the end of his contract. Like I said earlier, nobody walks away from that kind of money. I'm sure his wife, agent, accountant and family will have something to say about that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) He is definitely committed. Julian is a professional and a stand-up guy.
    2) Whatever winds up happening, there is no way he'd simply walk away and leave money on the table. I don't know any player that would do that and that is not what has been suggested.
    3) Whether he's committed to working through things and whether he will play out his contract is not an indication of how "happy" he is. Sometimes, when you have responsibilities, you gotta plug through anyways. I think that's what he's going through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me a buyout would make sense for the footbal side of things - but not for the business side. Therefore I have doubts if MLSE will allow it.

I think he'll be here for the entire length of his contract.

Also, how are buyouts handled with the cap? Anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes sitting on a golden egg - no way hes walking away from this cash heap considering hes not in any sort of demand. this is his swan song and he'll protect it accordingly.

great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he leaves it would be no great loss for TFC. For reasons stated through out his tenure here.

My problem is the lack of effort and heart he shows period. From what people tell me he is the last one to show up at practice and the first to leave. Not a great sign for your DP. Also, rumor on the street is that he is not the best influence on the young Canadian kids on the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's definitely committed to TFC.

He's committed to cashing his cheque each month anyway.

He's definitely a DP in regards to cheque cashing. The best we've ever had!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always been about the money bro. He didn't come here because he wanted to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my source its not been a topic of discussion within the team but now that he is back from the Gold Cup, maybe it starts...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

That is true. He came here because no one else offered him a contract. He was willing to go ANYWHERE in Western Europe instead of MLS.

I assume that his lack of motivation translates to on-pitch performance. I think that even when he DOES TRY, he has regressed so much as a footballer, that he is mediocre at best.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought - trading JDG to L'Impact for their first pick in the 2012 MLS draft (aka the Soony Saad pick).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soony_Saad

Don't know if he'll tear this league up, but he has torn up leagues everywhere else he's gone (last year of high school scored 76 goals in 22 games, 2010 19 goals in his freshman year at University of Michigan). Could be another Edu (Saad is currently trialing with Anderlecht in Belgium - same squad that has Lukaku).

Is this a possibility?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Is this a possibility?
    Only if Montreal hires Earl Cochrane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's as crap at cards as soccer then most of his money is going back into the city anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, it could be like Laurent Robert, he signed a contract and then wanted out and was let go.

Of course, first JDG's agent would have to quietly find him another job, like Robert's did for him in Greece.
    The way I remember it, that was not just about Robert wanting to leave. TFC needed to make cap room for Ruiz and announced the Robert departure and Ruiz deal within hours of each other.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like were not giving JDG his due credit.

He came to his home town to play for his home club, more money or not, he is still a home grown player who has had a epic career.

All this talk of "good ridence" is a bit outa line. If JDG and TFC cant reach a new agrement I wish him the best of luck, but i hope with all my heart he stay's with TFC...(played great for Canada last night)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Riddance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    All this talk of "good ridence" is a bit outa line. If JDG and TFC cant reach a new agrement I wish him the best of luck, but i hope with all my heart he stay's with TFC...(played great for Canada last night)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Good Riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I think quite a few people seem to have forgotten this. He only came here because he ran out of options. JDG wasn't like DeRosario. He didn't seek to play for TFC.