Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    At least Bretos knows the players' names, and the rules of the game.

Faulds is a Blue Jays reject. Wasn't good enough to do anything else, so Sportsnet assigned him to soccer.
    Don't forget that Dobson was horrible when he started. His knowledge of the game was very limited. It took him a few years to become passable. If we gave Faulds that same amount of time to learn the game, I think he'd be better than Dobson.

Also, Faulds did a lot of work pre-Blue Jays.

His work on the Tour de France coverage for OLN a few years ago (probably longer) was outstanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is stupid. The Score picked up all the leftovers. If not for them those games would not be televised in Canada at all. Knowing this, there really is nothing to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the score are the only morons in the world to call EPL, Bee-PL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh...no they're not.

It's the Barclays Premier League. Many broadcasters refer to it as that, at the request of the FA. Especially the ones who wish to keep BPL games on their broadcast schedule.
    Last edited by James Oliphant; 07-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong...doesn't the Score control the EPL rights in Canada (via Sentanta) and sublet them to Sportsnet?
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Yea...I like him too...he seems real genuine...I've seen him at BMO chatting with folks who give him a shout out...
    I don't know. I was taking to Sid Seixeiro who was next to Sharman after JDG's charity match and James didn't seem too interested. Actually seemed the least approachable of the TV guys. Sid was a joke though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rge score is a joke neytwork, and the cbc is close behind for not showing either the Vanacover game of Pachuca gam this week,.,,f**K them

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The score is a great network for Toronto residents looking for Toronto sports. Sportsnet is more broadly regional and TSN is basically national. But the score actually reports on the Raptors/TFC/and other smaller local sporting events. They don't have the budget to create a liev events team for many of these. But I would struggle without it since I won't watch TSN unless I have to for soccer and can't stand Sportsnet Connected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    The only way their (The Score's) situation will be helped is if they put in better (Canadian) commentators to attact more viewers. While flies like shit, humans don't.
    yea, and enless you watch it with those crap commentators for now, they will never be able to afford Canadian feeds.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I don't know. I was taking to Sid Seixeiro who was next to Sharman after JDG's charity match and James didn't seem too interested. Actually seemed the least approachable of the TV guys. Sid was a joke though.
    I spoke to him...too be honest I think he's rather shy...Sid is a riot!!!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    The score is a great network for Toronto residents looking for Toronto sports. Sportsnet is more broadly regional and TSN is basically national. But the score actually reports on the Raptors/TFC/and other smaller local sporting events. They don't have the budget to create a liev events team for many of these. But I would struggle without it since I won't watch TSN unless I have to for soccer and can't stand Sportsnet Connected.
    Have you seen their new studio?? they must have some cash for a footy team...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah..I don't get the feeling James Sharman is unapproachable as he is just a regular guy who hasn't really had to deal with "viewers" directly. Let's face it, the Score's football coverage was pretty much a second though most of these years and only know does it seem like it's making inroads and Sharman a well-known name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    I spoke to him...too be honest I think he's rather shy...Sid is a riot!!!
    sid only cares about the Bruins!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the point of this random bitching now? Was the TFC - Pachuca game on The Score?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be one of the worst threads i've ever had to wade through.

Year two of TFC, there is a network with no extra cash, everything they are investing is going to a new studio, and no that doesn't mean they have money for production, because asides from production you actually need to buy the rights to produce things, which again they don't have.

Perspective, it'd be nice if we had some.

Does listening to douchy away commentators suck? yes! but the alternative is no TV, sounds slighly worse don't you think?

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TURN DOWN THE SOUND!!!
    Anything else is quite absurd..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Have you seen their new studio?? they must have some cash for a footy team...
    Have you seen their old studio? It's a wonder they ever got any work done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I choose Spanish TLN commentary over TSN. I wont assist the ratings unless its the only way I can watch.....I know its so minuscule it makes 0 difference but whatever.