Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    London: "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." B. Shankly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Yea...Vic Rauter and Dick Howard...

much better than yankee-fucks...fuck, I'll commentate for a modest fee (2 cases of Carlsberg Light per telecast). sid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hate those American announcers as well. I got to mute my TV to watch TFC play when they're calling the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    much better than yankee-fucks...fuck, I'll commentate for a modest fee (2 cases of Carlsberg Light per telecast). sid
    Your standards are far too low to not be able to put with American commentators. lol

London: "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." B. Shankly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 centimeter of my Carlsberg Light back-wash is better than that yankee-commentation shite that "The Score" spews out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    oh jeezus...
    Yup... But like many others, I'd rather have the American commentators than nothing at all. I can certainly understand not having the budget to send a proper crew down but there might be something to the "you have to spend money to make money" idea. Nevertheless, I can live with it and remember that they've broken several pieces of news to us WAY before anyone else and it was accurate: Craig Forrest's "something will happen in the next 48 hours" comment comes to mind as an example of the opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While CBC and Rogers Sportsnet have shown committment to Candian viewers and Canadian Soccer/TFC fans, "The Score" doesn't seem to know the score. I will still NOT WATCH THE SCORE as long the cheap fucks expect we Candian viewers to suffer throught their Indonesian-badger-spunk-yankee-commentation-telecasts. Fuck-em (The Score) until they wisen-up!

By not watching that won't help any. They need the viewer ship to create more of a profit off of advertiements. If you watching it more it will help the situation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will fuck the Score but I will not boycott it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    By not watching that won't help any. They need the viewer ship to create more of a profit off of advertiements. If you watching it more it will help the situation.
    The only way their (The Score's) situation will be helped is if they put in better (Canadian) commentators to attact more viewers. While flies like shit, humans don't.
    Last edited by sidney; 07-05-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James Sharman is a LEGEND.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While CBC and Rogers Sportsnet have shown committment to Candian viewers and Canadian Soccer/TFC fans, "The Score" doesn't seem to know the score. I will still NOT WATCH THE SCORE as long the cheap fucks expect we Candian viewers to suffer throught their Indonesian-badger-spunk-yankee-commentation-telecasts. Fuck-em (The Score) until they wisen-up!

While I hate the American commentators as much as the next TFC fan, to say "let's boycott TheScore" is absolutely ridiculous. They have the footy show and EPL game of the week during BPL season (the only station where I can catch my Arsenal games) and are the only station to cover all sports equally (for the most part). I refuse to watch TSN or sportsnet because their broadcasters sound so damn fake, as if they don't watch sports in their spare time (especially doing soccer). So boycott TheScore and watch the other networks all you want, I just hope you like watching over-analyzation of hockey and that exciting sport called nascar. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If The Score doesn't shape up, then they should give-up the rights to the 2 final games they have this season. I'm confident another network would pick-up the TV rights and do the rights justice.
    no...they wouldn't. The Score gets what the others don't really want.

Producing live sportscasts is expensive. The Score wont be spending that money. This conversation is a waste of bandwidth, frankly.

Remember, the Score is the station that cut back on its soccer coverage mid season, getting rid of Paul James and the Friday and Monday edition of the Footy Show. clearly, soccer is not generating the ROI that they originally anticipated so they scaled back.

Lets not fool ourselves. The only people making money off TFC is MLSE. Broadcasting a TFC match is not a profitable venture at this point. its an investment with the hope of a long term return. I don't think The Score has the money for long term investments. They don't exactly have the deep pockets of the CBC (thanks to Canadian taxpayers) or RSN (thanks to Ted Rogers).

MUFC_Niagara

well....at least he's off the tyler hemming rant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much would the cheap-fucks at The Score have to pay to have their own Canadian/TFC-based commentators watch/comment on the feed from Toronto. Rogers Sportsnet had Robo put on a satellite headset/mike for the half-time interview, so they (SportsNet) didn't even have to travel to Boston for the TFC v Revs game. Why can't The Score show even this chincy bit of committment to viewers/fans. There's talk about the low ratings, but what comes first the chicken or the egg?
    Satellite headset? Hahahaha...

Dude, way to watch the whole broadcast. Had you done that, you would have seen SEVERAL occasions where Rob Faulds and Jason de Vos were shown in the broadcast booth at Gillette Stadium.

Satellite headset...wow.

And for the record, I'd take Max Bretos (American) over Rob Faulds (Canadian) any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Yea...Vic Rauter and Dick Howard...
    One of those guys is aptly named.

I cannot stand listening to his drivel.

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    hahahaha worng part of the body....Nob-end not leg-end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so Sidney, if your top boy Hemming was playing during a Score broadcast, would you still boycott it??? I doubt it... you'd love to see your Hemming play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post

And for the record, I'd take Max Bretos (American) over Rob Faulds (Canadian) any day.

Now that is just stepping over the line....yeeeeeeaaaaa-----NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stating it now so that maybe it would be taken as simply "a rant". Perhaps they (The Score) may correct this shite in time for their next 2 telecasts (see below). We, the best fans in MLS, deserve better. When I tune into The Scores next TFC telecast, and I hear those yankee-fucks, I will TURN OFF the set.

THE SCORE'S NEXT TFC TELECASTS (Hopefully with Canadian commentators)

Aug 3: TFC vs NYRB
    Oct 10: TFC vs NYRB
    Aug 3rd Red Bulls???????????? They can't even get to the right game? My schedule shows we're at home to Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read the entire thread, but as a member of the sports media I can offer my two cents (no, I don't work for the Score in anyway)...

The thought that "...we should be happy all games are at least on TV..." is very very valid... The Score license with the CRTC only allows a certain amount of live programming hours - the fact they are using some of those precious hours on TFC is a big move by them to begin with...

WWE Raw gets much, much higher ratings that TFC - however, the Score shows that on tape-delay, so it doesn't use up they're "live alotted hours"... Its a big step in the right direction that they deem the TFC game worthy of those hours...

The Scores biggest audience and target is the hardcore sports fan that wants his/hers scores, highlights, post-clips right on time, all the time - that is where there budget will go first and foremost, and you can't blame them for spending money on their target audience (that includes rights to highlights [you pay for how much you can show], road costs for reporters at the Cup final etc, analysts for NHL games, and lots of editing etc etc etc)...

Producing the game from their own truck would be a HUGE cost for their network (as they're not setup to do so regularly)... Raptors games on the score are not produced by themselves, the receive the same pool (truck, crew, producers) that Sportsnet and TSN receive - each network slaps on their font/graphic look, and commentators to give it their own look'n'feel (exactly like Leaf games in Toronto, Molstar produces them, with each network putting on their look)...

Calling games off a "non-pool feed" from a monitor can be a DISASTER more times than not... Do not confuse the TFC games with the Euro games (which were called off a pool-feed from a monitor in Connecticut)... A pool-feed is setup, and run, knowing that there are commentators and viewers in many different markets. The IFB talk is centralized so everyone knows whats going on. The worst thing in TV as an on air person is not knowing where your going - it can make you sound lost and not knowledgable about the game your viewing...

Look at the Score as a 'late game penalty kick save'... It was almost a certainty last year that most of our road games were going to go by the waste-side, but they did step in, spend the money on acquiring the rights from the American Broadcasters, to allow us to watch the games - and in the process found an audience tuning into other programs they show, its a great way to promote their other products...

I bet each and every member at the Score would like to do the games differently - but they are a growing network still - without a giant corp behind them like CTV or Rogers...

Yes, we'd all love a better, Toronto produced show for all our games - but its building, our team, and the broadcasters around us, are all building...

If you really want better coverage for TFC - there's one way to do it, WATCH THE CURRENT BROADCAST... Nothing drives TV more than ratings... No ratings, no money or time put in... High ratings will drive each network to do more, because higher ratings, means higher revenues...

Boycotting will only hurt...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn Carts well said. it makes me wonder if then Score may not be the best fit for us footy fans in the long run. TFC will always come second on Rogers to the Jays and Raptors and second to hockey in general on the majors like cbc and ctv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Toronto FC game aired on the Score couldn't be nearly as bad as a Blue Jays pre-season game on CityTV. Now that was painful to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If The Score doesn't shape up, then they should give-up the rights to the 2 final games they have this season. I'm confident another network would pick-up the TV rights and do the rights justice.
    Who, TSN? Some of you guys really are off here. TSN is by miles the most North American station, who do not give a rat's ass about promoting football in the country, yet it's the Score who always takes all the heat because they don't have a crew at away games? Seriously guys, wake up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sidney's motive are clear with these multiple posts...

He started this thread to complain about the score...

After I posted an "insider view" (so to speak) on the subject he chose not to respond, but start another thread about the same thing with a different title...

His motives are clear - mods should delete the 2nd post, and IMO this calls for a Yellow card, as he has done this before...

Its a shame too, the Score ensures we can see all our road games, the broadcast is not perfect, but it is the game - and WILL IMPROVE if ratings go up...

Carts...

PS: I'm double-posting this reply in both threads.
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, im sorry but the commentators on the Score are annyoing as hell, same goes for cbc, sportsnet on the other hand isint too bad, i dont mind listening to dobson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Televising football in Canada is a risk that all Canadian broadcasters should feel obligated to take. The Score is one of the broadcasters that do, while others don't. As a TFC supporter I feel embarrassed for some people here, totally spiting back in the face. It's no secret that ratings for TFC games are poor on the large scale, maybe the Score should stop televising games and give people a reason to moan. Fucking ingrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried tracking down their email from their shite website and couldn't get it. If someone has it, post it, and I (and hopefully others) will be more then happy to tell the fuckers how I (we) feel.

ps. thanks for calling me "the kid" btw, as I've been playing for/qualified for oldtimers/masters soccer team for the past 6 years.

Makes sense. You sound like a grumpy old fuck with nothing but free time on your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Makes sense. You sound like a grumpy old fuck with nothing but free time on your hands.
    now, now, lets not get personal troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Now that is just stepping over the line....yeeeeeeaaaaa-----NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    At least Bretos knows the players' names, and the rules of the game.

Faulds is a Blue Jays reject. Wasn't good enough to do anything else, so Sportsnet assigned him to soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least the score actually shows highlights/scores from other MLS games.
    i find it embarrassing that sportsnet and tsn don't bother with the "other" results.
    shameful.
    the $core's gotta do what the $core's gotta do ... i think overall they have more interest in the team and the league than the other two.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Yea...I like him too...he seems real genuine...I've seen him at BMO chatting with folks who give him a shout out...

And I totally agree with GBV...for years the Score was the only place to see mid-week footie highlights! TSN nor SN didn't even show CL highlights!

Sid...your boycotting the wrong network...
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 07-05-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke