Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ His last little run in MLS was highly decent.

He flopped in DC as a kid but by the time it was apparent he was going to transfer he started to play pretty well. Still 22 with lots of upside. Definitely had some good moments in the recent GC.

DP money seems like a steep price to pay for someone who's brutally inconsistent but it could work out gang-busters for them if it works.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say this about Freddy Adu, at the u20 World Cup he was an abesolute stand out star for the USA. However, it just seems like hes fallen off the map and is incapable of steady and consistent play. I know he played well at the Gold Cup but this is a player who was just playing in the Turkish second division and your telling me he is worth a DP salary? Whats the upside for Chivas here? I don't see Freddy Adu putting any asses in any seats, from what I gather I don't see Adu being a big name to the Mexicans over there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas USA signs Brazillian defender David Junior Lopes

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...in-goats-debut
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I'll say this about Freddy Adu, at the u20 World Cup he was an abesolute stand out star for the USA. However, it just seems like hes fallen off the map and is incapable of steady and consistent play. I know he played well at the Gold Cup but this is a player who was just playing in the Turkish second division and your telling me he is worth a DP salary? Whats the upside for Chivas here? I don't see Freddy Adu putting any asses in any seats, from what I gather I don't see Adu being a big name to the Mexicans over there.
    it sounds like a play off push move... though Chivas could use a defender and a striker more than a mid
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Freddy Adu signing with Philadelphia.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...hia-union.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are now 3rd on the allocation list (assuming this actually gets completed).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty late in the season, cant imagine anyone of value will be making their way back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sporting KC trades defensive midfielder Stephane Auvray to NYRB in exchange for 2nd rd pick and allocation

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...red-bulls.html

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats up with NYRB needing a ton of defensive mids?
    what happened to Robbo there?
    He injured?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    whats up with NYRB needing a ton of defensive mids?
    what happened to Robbo there?
    He injured?
    yeah Robbo has been injured. and I think Robbo's finally done and due for retirement...

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How many int'l slots does NYRB have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ain't over yet...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...deadline-moves

The league-leading LA Galaxy are in the middle of the biggest news story of the weekend, with potential developments that could come down today, according to manager Bruce Arena who spoke at Sunday’s Galaxy practice: “We're hoping to have some stuff to announce in the next 24 to 48 hours.”

With the manager revealing very little, here’s what can be pieced together: reports from Sky Sports in England say Tottenham Hotspur and the Galaxy have agreed a transfer fee for striker Robbie Keane.

Then there is current LA designated player and forward Juan Pablo Ángel who didn’t show up at LA’s practice on Sunday. Rumors surfaced on Sunday that he could be traded to the Philadelphia Union. Who started them? Philadelphia Union captain Faryd Mondragon.

But what about the fact that the MLS international transfer window closed Sunday night and there is still no news? That’s not a hang-up, according to this tweet from the Galaxy’s president.

Is it possible that the Union might be shuffling its attacking lineup even more with the addition of a Bundesliga forward? This report claims that Augsburg striker Michael Turk is on the verge of a move to the Union after a falling out with his current team.

Reports say the San Jose Earthquakes could yet announce the acquisition of a Brazilian goal scorer. They will appreciate the help after Saturday night’s 2-1 home loss to Colorado in which manager Frank Yallop lamented “we’re just getting screwed.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Speculation is that San Jose will be signing striker Edmundo Zura from Ecuadorian club El Nacional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmundo_Zura

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Speculation is that San Jose will be signing striker Edmundo Zura from Ecuadorian club El Nacional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmundo_Zura
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-man-zura-loan

Signed on loan

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan Pablo Angel is traded to Chivas USA for a 3rd rd pick in 2012 supplemental draft (aka bag of peanuts). No word on how much of JPA's salary is LA going to eat

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Juan Pablo Angel is traded to Chivas USA for a 3rd rd pick in 2012 supplemental draft (aka bag of peanuts). No word on how much of JPA's salary is LA going to eat
    Rumors were floating around that they were going to have to eat most of it to make a move happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno how they can still afford it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    dunno how they can still afford it
    Yeah I would be interested to see how the salaries break down after all the changes. Pay a bunch of guys the league minimum but tell them hey you get to play with some stars and it will be good for your development. You may even win a trophy. Come on $30 - 40K is not that bad...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHA prob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't JPA's cap hit for the rest of the season only be about 85K? I'm sure LA has some allocation money sitting around from making the champions league to give to Chivas. If they have to pay JPA's salary beyond the cap hit, then that's easy -- AEG has tonnes of cash!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a rumour, but Blackburn Rovers interested in Dallas defender George John

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks for keeping this thread up-to-date.

Maybe you can start taking on MLS Rumors for the king of the north american footy scandal rag market

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see John moving to europe, he's been called on by the Greek national team, a move overseas would make sense if he was considering playing for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll remember his name because of that own goal against Colorado. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England signs 29 yr old former AS Nancy and Moroccan international striker/winger Monsef Zerka

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Sebastian Grazzini play for the fire last night and I think that's the type of player we need as a #10 on this team. Great vision and technique.

Didn't completely dominate (the fire look weak) but I think if he had the players around him he'd be really dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the window still open?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    is the window still open?
    you can sign free agents or trades within MLS till 15 sept

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goods news for us in the CCL....Dallas just lost their best defender....George John signed by Blackburn.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas trades M Eric Alexander to Portland for M/D Jeremy Hall

Alexander was good depth player for Dallas and got called up to USMNT last winter

-Eduardo Galeano