Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to be positive about this game but some part of me tells me that this is the week we lose to the worst team in the league at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I read somewhere on here that there's talk of Tchani starting as CB. Does anyone know where that originated from?
    At practice today one of the drills they kept running time after time was Tchani hoofing the ball from centre long up to the left winger who would then try a cross into the box for one of the strikers. And Tony must have hit the winger with a wicked pass about 12 times in a row. He has impressive skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    I am trying to be positive about this game but some part of me tells me that this is the week we lose to the worst team in the league at home.
    I feel pessimistic because of last week's debacle as well.

Perhaps the club will provide a pleasant surprise and put in a solid performance with a depleted lineup, like they did in the match against Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    On the positive side, if we lose, we will no longer be able to say we're losing to the worst team in the league at home again...because we will only be able to lose to the 2nd worst team in the league...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    At practice today one of the drills they kept running time after time was Tchani hoofing the ball from centre long up to the left winger who would then try a cross into the box for one of the strikers. And Tony must have hit the winger with a wicked pass about 12 times in a row. He has impressive skill.
    Ssshhhhhh, you're telling KC all our secret plays...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. Thanks for the updates, what's your blog? I should give it a read sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. Thanks for the updates, what's your blog? I should give it a read sometime.
    http://viewfromthesouthstands.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and then what? how often did the winger deliver into the box? how often did the striker finish on goal?
    Last edited by lobo; 06-03-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if we don't win this one we're fucked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. so that means we're basically forced to play either Harden or TFCA product alongside Attakora. So is this who's out

Cann - injury
    Bouchiba - injury
    Stinson - injury
    DeGuzman - call up
    Plata - call up
    Williams - call up

If Gordon is available he'll most certainly start from the bench, what does that leave us with?

Eckersley--Attakora--Harden--Borman

Yourassowsky--Tchani--Stevenovic

---Soolsma---Santos---Martina

Maybe Gargan or Peterson will feature somewhere in there. I wouldn't prefer it but nobody else has had any significant time.
    so winter needs to start giving other players time, i'm thinking youth on the back line tomorrow ... cause i'm sick from seeing gargan, harden and peterson getting time every game and shitting on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so here is teal Bunbury minus his noose for tomorrow

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep the noose

death to traitors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    and then what? how often did the winger deliver into the box? how often did the striker finish on goal?
    They did about 20 odd repetitions of the drill. The winger delivered into the box about 15 out of twenty times and the strikers put in about half the balls served up to them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Starting Lineup Prediction anybody?

Injuries report:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY
    OUT M Konrad Warzycha (Surgery on Right Knee)

TORONTO FC
    OUT M Elbekay Bouchiba (Right Knee Surgery Recovery); D Adrian Cann (Sprained Right Knee); M Matt Stinson (Strained Right Calf)

I think we will squeeze a win this Saturday.

Gordon is not dressing tomorrow FYI

Peterson and Zavarise are roughly 50/50 for tomorrow. They and Stinson were off training by themselves on Friday morning. Everybody else was 100% as of Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    keep the noose

death to traitors
    i don't think you understood...just look up at 112 tomorrow...if security let me bring it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did about 20 odd repetitions of the drill. The winger delivered into the box about 15 out of twenty times and the strikers put in about half the balls served up to them
    But Gargan was the defender, thus rendering the drill useless. Insert smiley face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post

so here is teal Bunbury minus his noose for tomorrow
    Im looking foward to reading the stories on Big Soccer and MLS Rumors tomorrow when this creates a xenophobe shit storm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhh... I really hope you guys aren't actually planning on bringing a noose....

Teal Burnbury may be an ass, but I'd be even more pissed off at a bunch of white dudes holding up this quite frankly racist, because of the history, sorta imagery.... fucked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Im looking foward to reading the stories on Big Soccer and MLS Rumors tomorrow when this creates a xenophobe shit storm.
    this is a good point...I am going to put a sign on the front that reads "I should have played for Canada"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post

Teal Burnbury may be an ass, but I'd be even more pissed off at a bunch of white dudes holding up this quite frankly racist, because of the history, sorta imagery.... fucked up.
    Make it a guillotine, then. I don't think he's got any French ancestry.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Man, they are making you work your lineup back and forth now that Plata ia available you have to change starting lineup again.;-)
    Definitely left myself open to that kind of comment with the way I phrased that. If things go badly in this game odds on a lot of people, who had nothing much to say in this thread about team selection issues, are suddenly going to be telling the world what Winter should have done once they have the benefit of hindsight to second guess what happened. Personally think if you want to do that sort of thing you should nail your colours to the mast in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am calling 1-1.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Definitely left myself open to that kind of comment with the way I phrased that. If things go badly in this game odds on a lot of people, who had nothing much to say in this thread about team selection issues, are suddenly going to be telling the world what Winter should have done once they have the benefit of hindsight to second guess what happened. Personally think if you want to do that sort of thing you should nail your colours to the mast in advance.
    Agree, and this is just another example of how much we don't know what is going on with out team.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post

mmhmmm

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a good point...I am going to put a sign on the front that reads "I should have played for Canada"
    and put his name on it too so everyone knows it was meant for him only.You know how today's media can spin your two stick into a scandal.We don't need that right now,we have enough BS going on with checking in flags and banners already.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has done well vs KC at home historically... KC has lost a lot of guys to injury and call ups too..
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!! ... got all day to get up hyped up for this one lads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, should just go with that.

C'mon you Reds!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's raining. There must be a TFC game today.