Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, NE lost so now we're tied with them at 13 points. I guess that's a positive from tonight.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Well, NE lost so now we're tied with them at 13 points. I guess that's a positive from tonight.
    We are co-losers?! YAY, my mom will be so proud!
    ˇVamos Celta!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gotta love the negativity. You almost forget that you are on a Supporters Group website.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Gotta love the negativity. You almost forget that you are on a Supporters Group website.
    ˇVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is negativity, and then there is the obvious. We just tied the last place team in the league at home. Not losing isn't much of a positive anymore.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First home game that I did not attend since day 1 but watched the debacle on TSN. Seeing BMO so empty on the box, I reflected on how the world has changed..... even the south end had many empty seats... What have they done to my world ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    There is negativity, and then there is the obvious. We just tied the last place team in the league at home. Not losing isn't much of a positive anymore.
    That was also KC's first clean sheet of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that this is probably the worst team in all 5 years.

With the exception of Plata there is no one on this team who you can honestly say is the future.

What's worse is that not only do they stink, they have no heart or intensity.

This is really bad.

With nothing to build on, those empty seats will never be completley filled again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    That was also KC's first clean sheet of the year.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Avatar is quickly becoming a collectors item

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    The problem is that this is probably the worst team in all 5 years.

With the exception of Plata there is no one on this team who you can honestly say is the future.

What's worse is that not only do they stink, they have no heart or intensity.

This is really bad.

With nothing to build on, those empty seats will never be completley filled again.
    I think as a team, this one is equally as bad as the rest. What's missing is the DeRo/Guevera that can pull something out of thin air and make the team look better than they are.

I can see Tchani becoming an absolute stud in the MLS in a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRREL View Post
    does anyone have video of this SQUIRREL????
    Hahaha. Damn you and your Smokey's poutine. Shoulda been there bro!
    Last edited by kaos197O; 06-04-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    What's bizarre is that Luke Wileman has been doing on-air work for Gol for a couple of years (and now TSN) and people are mistaking him for Kristian Jack!
    Kristian Jack was doing commentary for the Kansas feed.... We didn't make the mistake, you did. So bizarre it fucked you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Kristian Jack was doing commentary for the Kansas feed.... We didn't make the mistake, you did. So bizarre it fucked you up.
    My apologies. I stand corrected.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    First home game that I did not attend since day 1 but watched the debacle on TSN. Seeing BMO so empty on the box, I reflected on how the world has changed..... even the south end had many empty seats... What have they done to my world ??
    I like how they list the attendance as 19,962.

Who are they trying to fool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies. I stand corrected.
    Ah I totally understand. It was fucking weird. Can't blame you for getting confused.... We were, too.

Kristian was trying to stay objective but the guy he was doing commentary with was totally lost and very, very pro Kansas. It was more entertaining than the game itself.
    Last edited by Brooker; 06-05-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I like how they list the attendance as 19,962.

Who are they trying to fool?
    Didnt announced attendance start creeping down last season? It seemed like they were being slightly more honest with announcing the actual attendance as opposed to tickets sold.

I guess now though they have given up all pretense of actual attendance and are simply announcing attendance as tickets sold+given away.

It really is sad what has happened to the energy surrounding the team. They have fallen from a possible contender to the Jays and Raptors, to just another minor league franchise trying to get attention in the big-time Toronto market.

Its sad, but it is nothing less than MLSE deserves, so I take some solace in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    90+ mins, 5 shots, best one coming from Henry who was on less than 1 min?

How die-hard fans can still jump and shout after 5 seasons of this is mind boggling. Ardent support is one thing, blind faith is a whole 'nother...
    this team sucks balls, but when I sing 'TFC'till I die!' - I mean it.
    it's that simple. there is no blind faith here, I know exactly what I'm cheering for - football, Toronto, and right now to let the team know someone is still there watching and wanting them to bust their ass for the badge.

if and when that effort starts translating into victory I'll be even happier for them after having ridden through this, and then I'll be cheering for the results.

my girlfriend brought her two sons to the game tonight, they were up in 111, their first time out. after she told me they had an AMAZING night (there were caps in the text I got before we talked..) later she said that in between high points in the game they were enthralled with the south end. Now they want to wear their new TFC shirts to soccer practice this week and eventually get down and sing with everyone.. when they get older as their mom had to explain to them lol. But my point, even with the crap result, the horrid play, the support kept it alive, not everyone had a good night, but these little guys are football crazy tonight, and it'll only grow on them. Take the mindboggling action from the die-hards out of the game and professional football might die in the city. Probably take ages to ever recuperate, and we would definitely never see a brighter day for TFC.

but yeah, this team is total shite.
    for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have to parachute in and say that was a god-awful game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upwards and onwards boys. team is here to stay. attendance looked pretty good. we can only get better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    No no, I know that. But what I mean is, does everyone tend to see things game by game or does anyone look at the grand scheme of things. Like that this may run deeper than 1 season. I realize this is the post game for this thread but as a relatively newbie it seems the general trend is that people are being very short sighted.
    boom......but in defense we do live on TO . and are a touch sensitive , to say losing , again and again........we welcome optimisim ,
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

This is the first game I have ever had the feeling that I didn't really care what happened on the pitch and that kind of scared me......the game was so bad and the boys looked like they just don't care anymore. Apathy I guess, but I get the feeling more and more of us are feeling the same.....so sad, I really hope things change but I got this sinking feeling....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I think as a team, this one is equally as bad as the rest. What's missing is the DeRo/Guevera that can pull something out of thin air and make the team look better than they are.

I can see Tchani becoming an absolute stud in the MLS in a few years.
    when he can get a more accurate and softer pass, he is giving away far too many balls......although that seems like a total term problem right now,.... and was it me, or was Eckersley pissed when he was taken off and marched straight to the dressing room
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eckers was taken into the dressing room to examine his injury.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its clear what we see is what we get. A lack of endeavour and ability to pressure a side on the ropes. Going forward we are completely lacking in ability. Santos is not a lone striker, Plata is not a 90 minute player or even a starter right now and needs time. Martina is lost, Stevanovich is just a lost cause. Tchani is super raw. Soolsma is barely a backup. Peterson as useful injured as he is on the pitch and Gordon injured right now to say he would make a difference.

KC was there to be had. Any time we applied pressure you could see they lacked the fortitude to come back. But alas, it was TFC who didnt have the drive to win and our inability to sustain possession is what makes our defending look even worse.

The clubs nonsense they are drivelling about how they are pleased to not conceede and get the point shows how far off BMO is from being a fortress, how far away we are from having a winning mentality and how close we are to being the worst team in MLS.

What you hear from this side is not one committed to winning, but one in words and in play accepting they are inferior, leaving little room in their pysche to over achieve and succeed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Eckers was taken into the dressing room to examine his injury.

Aside from Frei he is one of the best players on the field for TFC. I hope they sign him and he is not too hurt. Id like to see him play with someone on the wing a few 1-2's and over lapping runs. He does need to work on his crossing and direct passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's bizarre is that Luke Wileman has been doing on-air work for Gol for a couple of years (and now TSN) and people are mistaking him for Kristian Jack!
    Actually, Kristian Jack was doing the commentary on the KC feed.

*mentioned above*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hang in there, boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's inherent to Toronto it seems.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    LOL, no, just intrigued by the goings on here. I've never seen a message board quite like this one....and i've been posting on soccer message boards for a long time.
    Oh, the explanation is very simple:
    You've never seen a message board about a team quite like TFC (if you know what I mean...).

Welcome!