Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    90+ mins, 5 shots, best one coming from Henry who was on less than 1 min?

How die-hard fans can still jump and shout after 5 seasons of this is mind boggling. Ardent support is one thing, blind faith is a whole 'nother...
    That's a nice way to insult just about everybody on this forum or in 112/113.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I think the point he's trying to make is that in 2011 we should be viewing that picture with horror that a man was being lynched. Not a black man, or a white man. The inference isn't that he's being lynched for being black, and moreover (and more importantly) almost no-one who saw the banner would think so either. It probably wouldn't even enter into most peoples minds. Even someone who doesn't watch soccer, or follow Toronto FC would assume he'd spurned our club, insulted the city and or country, did something horrible to one of our players once etc.

Well, we're both ultimately debating on hypothetically how people may think about the noose. And perhaps its just the people I hang out with, but I think while we may recognize that the intentions may not be racist and that it probably had more to do with what you're suggesting 'insulting the club etc.', it does seem a little insensitive given the history. That's my perspective.

Others have also argued that its kinda problematic using lynching imagery/being seen as advocating violence full stop..

I am just sharing my position.. and it feels uncomfortable sometimes where I feel like I keep having to raise these things, but I felt I needed to raise my concerns...

Anyways, back to other complaints.. about how fucked we are as a team...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Are you a Leafs fan?
    LOL, no, just intrigued by the goings on here. I've never seen a message board quite like this one....and i've been posting on soccer message boards for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    No no, I know that. But what I mean is, does everyone tend to see things game by game or does anyone look at the grand scheme of things. Like that this may run deeper than 1 season. I realize this is the post game for this thread but as a relatively newbie it seems the general trend is that people are being very short sighted.
    I think many people on here look at the grand scheme of things. And as a few have pointed out we were better 5 years ago than we are now. In the grand scheme of things we are the shit. And there are no signs of that changing. We are almost mid season and we are worse than we were at the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    That's a nice way to insult just about everybody on this forum or in 112/113.
    Thanks for not including those in 109-111. Sheesh Blizz! Just having q go at ya.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best part of the game was at the half - Kids singing, guy winning 12 pizzas (I hate that game they do), and the squirrel making a great run and scoring. That's how bad the game was!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Best part of the game was at the half - Kids singing, guy winning 12 pizzas (I hate that game they do), and the squirrel making a great run and scoring. That's how bad the game was!!!
    Have you noticed that they always win 12 pizzas.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have video of this SQUIRREL????

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No no, I know that. But what I mean is, does everyone tend to see things game by game or does anyone look at the grand scheme of things. Like that this may run deeper than 1 season. I realize this is the post game for this thread but as a relatively newbie it seems the general trend is that people are being very short sighted.
    Are you making that generalization based on several seasons of observation of post game threads, or just based on this one post game thread, because if so, I think you are being very short sighted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    Thanks for not including those in 109-111. Sheesh Blizz! Just having q go at ya.

Cheers
    Why I oughta .........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The grand scheme of things is a big part of what makes peolpe here seem negative.

Right now just one positive would go a long way. So far all we've heard is, "wait," and a lot of excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    A person of colour; someone, who by the virtue of their skin colour/arbitrary physical characteristic, is put into a lesser category and marginalized economically, culturally, politically, etc.
    He makes $183 000 this year. I don't care what colour he is, thats not being marginalized in any economy.

I suppose if it was a white man with a noose around his neck, nobody would care. White people don't have a race...apparently.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign that squirrel...please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    He makes $183 000 this year. I don't care what colour he is, thats not being marginalized in any economy.

I suppose if it was a white man with a noose around his neck, nobody would care. White people don't have a race...apparently.
    Really?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person of colour; someone, who by the virtue of their skin colour/arbitrary physical characteristic, is put into a lesser category and marginalized economically, culturally, politically, etc.
    I'm Welsh - Does that count?? I always wondered...

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Really?
    True story.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%...0By%20Club.pdf
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2010 TFC would thrash 2011TFC. We've really weakened as a team.p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, that's not what I meant, see there's the history of the world and... ah, nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    2010 TFC would thrash 2011TFC. We've really weakened as a team.p
    2007 TFC would thrash 2011 TFC, except for some reason we are paying more for this version.
    Animals Eaten:

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Success. I'll take a draw against a very good team.
    Me too, let me know when we play one.....both teams looked like they were playing in clown shoes tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    No, that's not what I meant, see there's the history of the world and... ah, nevermind.
    Animals Eaten:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I am relatively new...but is this what a post game thread is normally like? People just come on here and complain about everything?
    This is an interesting question/observation. I assume you've been following TFC for a while If so, you would know that our on-pitch performance has been somewhat less than stellar.

Add to this the off-pitch shenanigans from Mo Johnston, to Preki, to De Rosario .... a lot of people feel they are getting the shaft. The front office has asked a lot of patience from us supporters but in my opinion, and many people's opinion, they are not showing us anything in return.

This is a point for debate but it has been shown that you can go from worst to first in a relatively short time, a single season in some cases. We, as a club, seem to be incapable of putting a half-consistent team out there that can just make the play-offs ... and the tired "rebuilding" clichés have grown some quite tiresome on some people.

In the end, frustration has set in.
    Last edited by Juanito; 06-04-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    ˇVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here it goes again..

lol, to quote Chris Rock: "Shaq is rich. The white man who signs his check … is wealthy"
    ..but that's not really my point...

Do we have rich racialized people? no shit.. but if you look at the numbers statistically, we tend to make less money (even when taking into account education, language, 2nd generation etc.)..

And it's not that white people don't get racialized... the Irish for example were historically considered black.. Romani people might pass for white in a lot of spaces, but in Europe they definitely wouldn't... its not so clear cut...

Anyways, this conversation can continue elsewhere.. my last response on this topic, doesn't seem like the right thread for it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here it goes again..

lol, to quote Chris Rock: "Shaq is rich. The white man who signs his check … is wealthy"
    ..but that's not really my point...

Do we have rich racialized people? no shit.. but if you look at the numbers statistically, we tend to make less money (even when taking into account education, language, 2nd generation etc.)..

And it's not that white people don't get racialized... the Irish for example were historically considered black.. Romani people might pass for white in a lot of spaces, but in Europe they definitely wouldn't... its not so clear cut...

Anyways, this conversation can continue elsewhere.. my last response on this topic, doesn't seem like the right thread for it.
    Can we PLEEEEEEEEEEASE change the subject? This can degenerate very quickly!
    ˇVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't seem like the right thread for it.
    Agreed, should never have been brought up in the first place. We should stick to the game, not that there was really much to talk about...
    Animals Eaten:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, should never have been brought up in the first place. We should stick to the game, not that there was really much to talk about...
    I missed it ..... that bad huh?
    ˇVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a header in stoppage time by the young guy that just came on as a sub. That gk made a good diving save though. The Belgian had a nice shot in the second half, but right at the GK. Frei made a nice save on the ground.

No idea how they are going to do the Game in 6 minutes when there is only 30 seconds worth of highlights (and that is showing everything from three different angles).
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

These salary numbers are shocking! Who is Bouchiba..that's paid twice as much as Attakora? Stevanovic on 240k....he's crap. Yourassky ...80k! DeGuzman's a 75k$ player on this table at best...1.9 million ffs!

Even more depressing.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Post-match interviews up..

Only watched the start of Winter's interview, but he's saying we played very good lol...

Ya, sure relative to last week.. but we were playing the worst team in the league at the moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone do the banner with the noose around Buttbury's neck? No? Then discussing it further seems stupid. Take the topic to the off-topic thread please.