Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    Perhaps the reason that we have not signed a DP has nothing to do with money. Moving to North America and especially Canada would not be regarded as a highly effective career move by most potenital DP's. Playing on a plastic pitch may also not help in a lot of potential cases.

Also, it doesn't make a ton of sense from a business perspective to greatly overpay for someone just to fill a spot unless there is a clear return on investment. Someone already mentioned jersey sales... I think the biggest potential is in TV contracts personally.

Either way, you need to find the best value for you money which takes time, if you are going to spend 3x what a guy is worth you need to make sure that something is lined up to pay off. They won't make any more money on ticket sales, so the revenue has to come from somewhere.

I Agree, it also makes a difference that the seats are full every game, and the merchandise is selling well. If these things weren't happening I think a DP would have already be signed. Not saying we don't need one, or want one, just that TFC is in a unique position!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Lombardo has really been released, why is there no press release?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    If Lombardo has really been released, why is there no press release?
    He has been released. I asked my contact today, and he confirmed the story.Lombardo wasn't happy about no getting any time in the starting 11, and was quite "vocal" about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    He has been released. I asked my contact today, and he confirmed the story.Lombardo wasn't happy about no getting any time in the starting 11, and was quite "vocal" about it.
    Yeah I definately figured he'd been released since he wasn't at the Pachuca game. I guess my complaint is why the team wouldn't atleast put out a press release. They seem to every other time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they will in good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad that Lombardo was/has been released, he did show an awful lot of effort, but having said that, if he wasn't cracking the starting XI or the bench, perhaps the coaching staff didn't think Lombardo was skilled enough.
    I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation as there always is when a player gets released.
    Good Luck Lombardo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're waiting for him to do a quick European tour and come back with his tail between his legs... Save a couple of wasted announcements...

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They normally have press releases when they sign someone, so i'm sure when they sign someone, they will have a blurb about Lombardo leaving.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye bye Lombardo you won't be missed, except by the bench players to keep company...what a waste of time this guy was, absolute shite...better days ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lombardo wasn't happy about no getting any time in the starting 11, and was quite "vocal" about it.
    wow, i dont even think he's starting 11 on some USL teams. good riddance, we dont need a primadonna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...what has he done to deserve a spot in the starting 11?? Big-headed moron.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might torontofc: You have not made one positive comment on anything to do with Toronto FC. Why do you torture yourself.

Don't you have a Harry Potter book to read, or something more appropriate for a 14-year-old like yourself to do.