Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cann Injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    It's not about fitness, it's about losing a step of speed, losing some explosiveness. No matter how hard you train sometimes you just can't get that back. Thats how knee injuries derail even the best athletes, not just the lazy ones. Hope Cann is able to fully recover
    exactly...with an injury like this it does not matter how much of a fitness freak you are. Even though the injury can be treated it will never be 100% as there will be permenant damage.

My mother used to be a crazy fitness health freak who jogged daily went to aerobics weekly and also enjoyed rock climbing as her hobby. One day she was turning to put groceries into the trunk of the car and for some freak reason she broke the bone below the knee in 9 different places before she even hit the ground(then dislocated her shoulder). That was 3 years ago and after 7 surgeries she still walks with a limp and a cane...Bit more then tearing the ACL though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing for Cann is that his game has never (at least not in his time with TFC) been about speed. If he can regain aerial ability, I think he will be okay...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    With Adrian Cann gone for the year I started to think about the Voyageurs Cup replay match on July 2nd and if Adrian's injury would impact that game. If I understood what the CSA stated in the press conference after the game was called off last week they said that each club would have to use the 18 man rosters that both clubs had originally used last for the replay game on July 2nd.

And now Cann being out for the season could potentially cut TFC's roster for that match to seventeen.

I contacted the club about this one. They coaches and players all have the day off today and the CSA guys are somewhat busy with the Canada Ecuador game. I was told I would get an answer to this by tomorrow at the latest.

Stay tuned.
    that was only when it looked like the game would be played the next day and the whitecaps wouldn't be able to fly out replacements, so an arbitrary judgement was made in the name of fairness that tfc should also be restricted to the same players.

Now it's a whole new time, it will go back to the original rule, that either team can play anyone on their roster. vanocuver can choose to bring anyone from their squad with them for the two game series, tfc will be able to choose anyone from their squad.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Adrian Cann gone for the year I started to think about the Voyageurs Cup replay match on July 2nd and if Adrian's injury would impact that game. If I understood what the CSA stated in the press conference after the game was called off last week they said that each club would have to use the 18 man rosters that both clubs had originally used last for the replay game on July 2nd.

And now Cann being out for the season could potentially cut TFC's roster for that match to seventeen.

I contacted the club about this one. They coaches and players all have the day off today and the CSA guys are somewhat busy with the Canada Ecuador game. I was told I would get an answer to this by tomorrow at the latest.

Stay tuned.
    Who cares? It's one spot out of 18. The impact of Cann's injury is that he can't play. Even if we still have to have a spot for him in the lineup, what's the difference?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geezus, when it rains shit, it pours.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    that was only when it looked like the game would be played the next day and the whitecaps wouldn't be able to fly out replacements, so an arbitrary judgement was made in the name of fairness that tfc should also be restricted to the same players.

Now it's a whole new time, it will go back to the original rule, that either team can play anyone on their roster. vanocuver can choose to bring anyone from their squad with them for the two game series, tfc will be able to choose anyone from their squad.
    You could be absolutely correct. But before I assume that your quite logical assessment of the situation is gospel I want to hear it from the CSA. I have a contact at he club tracking the definitive answer down tomorrow.

The CSA is not exactly the most logical and sensible group on earth... For fucks sakes they voted for Jack Warner and Sepp Blatter time after time.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now more than ever we need to sign a centre back surely paul mariner has something in the works
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tragic. hopefully he recovers well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Geezus, when it rains shit, it pours.
    and it doesn't look like we are getting a roof anytime soon...j/k had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    and it doesn't look like we are getting a roof anytime soon...j/k had to.
    A club official last week told me that a roof over the south and east stands (which is what they looked into supposedly) would cost upwards of $40 million. Take that for what it is worth... I have no reason to not believe the guy. He said it would be that pricey because of the need to put up something exceedingly strong because of the amount of wind they experience by the lake.
    Last edited by bgnewf; 06-01-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A club official last week that a roof over the south and east stands (which is what they looked into supposedly) would cost upwards of $40 million. Take that for what it is worth... I have no reason to not believe the guy. He said it would be that pricey because of the need to put up something exceedingly strong because of the amount of wind they experience by the lake.
    I've always thought the only chance for a roof would be in a new stadium.
    I expect the timeline for that would likely coincide with the end of their current 20 year lease.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I've always thought the only chance for a roof would be in a new stadium.
    I expect the timeline for that would likely coincide with the end of their current 20 year lease.
    5 down, 15 to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it continues like this(shite futbol and price increases)it wont matter....all 2000 fans can sit in secton 224 which has a bit of a roof overhanging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if it continues like this(shite futbol and price increases)it wont matter....all 2000 fans can sit in secton 224 which has a bit of a roof overhanging.
    haha no doubt about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    3-5-2.

Total Football.
    Starting back 3....Gargan, Harden, and might as well try Peterson on the LB position...why not

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awful injury. I know. Rehab, Schmehab. You can ride bikes and do yoga until the cows come home and still, it always aches and nags away like rust on iron, especially in winter or in cold wet weather like this spring. Begs for rest and relaxation instead of more stress. Makes simple, everyday movements suddenly complex. I fuckin' hate it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
    Starting back 3....Gargan, Harden, and might as well try Peterson on the LB position...why not
    In a 3 you are normally looking at three rather than two centre backs plus two wingbacks pushed forward a bit into the midfield from the normal fullback sort of role in a 4. Peterson might be somewhat cut out for the wingback role but playing him in the back 3 of a 3-5-2 would be grounds not only for instant dismissal but also being held for psychiatric assessment, in my opinion. Hopefully it will be a 4 with Eckersley, Harden, Attakora, Yourassowsky and there will be a conservative Preki like approach to what happens deep in central midfield immediately in front of them at least for the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got confirmation from TFC that the Voyageurs Cup Final 2nd Leg replay game on July 2nd can be played with different eighteen man rosters than the game that was stopped and cancelled last week.

The CSA officially confirmed to TFC today that the clubs can choose a completely different eighteen man roster if they so choose. I asked the question to them originally based on Adrian's injury and if TFC would be forced to only dress seventeen instead of eighteen for that match.

God to hear that this officially won't be a problem for either side.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out that TFC is looking for a CB within the MLS,one that can play right away,trade or just $$$ don't know.

What I do know is that NANA was put on ice becouse of his contract,and to send mesage to other players it's TFC way or reserve team.Problem is in order to send a mesage you need results and depth,we don't have aether of those too

Sorry for typos,I'm doing it from my cell.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    What I do know is that NANA was put on ice becouse of his contract,and to send mesage to other players it's TFC way or reserve team.
    Is there a 2 week-old echo in here? I was saying this weeks ago and people were making up excuses about "Nana must not be doing well in practice" blah blah blah. At least now you admit to the truth, although it still boggles me how readily you accept it as a supporter. Maybe I am that stupid but I thought putting out the best XI was the idea here and the contract stuff should be kept out of the lineup selection, but silly me, we're being held hostage by this organization while it muddles their way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do know is that NANA was put on ice becouse of his contract,and to send mesage to other players it's TFC way or reserve team.

That makes me fume....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Roogsie ---- Dude, you have turned into one serious troll.

We all know that the club is far from perfect but FFS give it a rest. If all you get (and attempt to generate) is misery from 'supporting' the club then maybe it's best you don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out that TFC is looking for a CB within the MLS,one that can play right away,trade or just $$$ don't know.

What I do know is that NANA was put on ice becouse of his contract,and to send mesage to other players it's TFC way or reserve team.Problem is in order to send a mesage you need results and depth,we don't have aether of those too

Sorry for typos,I'm doing it from my cell.
    Regardless of Nana's situation, we need another CB right now due to Cann's injury. We're down two defenders with that and Dicoy being at the Gold Cup - time will tell if Nana get's one of those spots (probably Saturday night)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy's bitterness in most of his posts is truly palpable these days, haha.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no problem to admit the truth,it is what it is.I know that's normal in this sport around the world,players 100 times better than Nana are being put on ice ,but like I said in order to do that you need depth and results if you want to prove your point.If TFC was getting better results no one here would talk about Nana,that's the life of a soccer player.

I personaly think is sad,but it's between Nana and TFC nothing we can do.I rather spend my energy on supporting the boys on the pitch than constantly fighting FO and owners.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

- Scott

Just answer me this Scott, do fans and supporters not deserve the BEST XI out there? Should we be held hostage to the contract ineptitudes of this team?

P.S. I never denied I am bitter. People just don't understand what I am bitter about or intentionally mischaracterize my bitterness.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Here's a question that would be uncomfortable for some people to answer...how often has he been wrong? For all of the attacks and insults thrown at him, I think history has proven him to be right far more times than he's been wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wrong?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Regardless of Nana's situation, we need another CB right now due to Cann's injury. We're down two defenders with that and Dicoy being at the Gold Cup - time will tell if Nana get's one of those spots (probably Saturday night)
    I was told Mariner is on the phone 24/7 since Tuesday, they are looking for CB inside the league.I'm not sure how this works since no one can sign players before July 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I've been wrong?
    About as many times as I have, which come to think of it, is never