Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I really don't think that a roof will attract many people, or change the opinions of those who want to leave.
    ... as was noted in the final point, only a general price reduction will work. That's not to say that ML$E won't try just about anything else first.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ... as was noted in the final point, only a general price reduction will work. That's not to say that ML$E won't try just about anything else first.
    agreed completely.

We still have to see how the 'price freeze' plays out, and I honestly expect that it won't be enough for many people to stay on board.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is definitely it for me. I have five years in sec 106 and I just didnt like the packaging of so many games so early in the season. I think I will just watch a lot of games on tv and then maybe select six or seven games a year that I want to come down to and pay for them either through corporate or airmiles discounts, end of the day I am way ahead even if I spend a bit more per ticket on these games, as I am not being forced to games like Edmonton etc. This year at least though, I finally did a minor protest by refusing to buy even one beer at BMO, tired of being made a fool of. Ironically, I have found on occasions that we have been a lot more entertaining than we were under the Preki regime, that was truly god awful football to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I use to get blasted on this board a few years back for saying that if MLSE was not careful the sell out crowds woud start to fall and soon we would be looking like Crew stadium in Columbus. I would write about soccer in Toronto not being hockey were people would always go win or lose, however, people would come on these boards and say that I was crazy for writing that. However, it looks like what I was saying was true. TFC needed to put a winning product from the start like Philadelphia and Seattle have done so far. MLSE has truly fucked this up having the audacity of pushing ticket prices up in spite of the crap on the field. You know who will have the last laugh all the soccer haters in the media who predicted that pro soccer would never work in Toronto and would fail just as it has many times before. Shame on you MLSE!
    That would be misguided on their part considering it would have nothing to do with the sport itself. Also, in all honesty, pro soccer has never "failed" in Toronto. The leagues we played in failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE has no choice but to reduce prices by 20% next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since this past May school board employees been getting tfc tickets at a discount.. thats a first.. thats 22,000+ employees..

makes u wonder who is actually paying full pop for these overpriced tickets

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limani_Ole View Post
    makes u wonder who is actually paying full pop for these overpriced tickets
    Season ticket holders?

People who would rather use ticketmaster than craigslist or kijiji?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seasons and every game day on stub hub I can get tickets for around $13.00 each. at worst I can get them for $20.00. i am a season ticket holder and i am wondering why if they are reselling this low i feel like i would be an idiot to renew them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto is going to have to have a big decrease in ticket prices if they want to get fans back next season. Its a joke when you see teams like Seattle, Portland and now Montreal are selling tickets for less and with more value to there ticekts such as better friendly matches. Also teams like Portland and Seattle they realize how important the atmosphere is and are working with the supporting groups where Toronto FO seem to want to chase supporters out, banning flags and other garbage ideas. If they dont change all this by next year TFC are going to be on a fast decline to failure. Fans will have lost all interrest.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling really bad for all the STHs who renewed last fall. There was a lot of debate about renewing at that point, and I predict that this will be the last straw for MANY STHs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    I'm feeling really bad for all the STHs who renewed last fall. There was a lot of debate about renewing at that point, and I predict that this will be the last straw for MANY STHs.
    The season tickets aren't bad as long as you can attend most games.

Its when you have to miss a bunch of games and you can't move your extras that it starts to become a pain in the ass and you wonder why you still have them.

I bet next season it will be harder to get those last minute dumped ticket deals, simply because there will be less season ticket holders, translating to less people needing to move tickets last minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Season tickets are still a great deal in Light Grey and Supporters. I worked out how much I paid per game and it works out to only $20/ticket all season for light grey, regardless of premium games. Mind you I go to every game and if I was missing a lot of games I could definitely see how it would be difficult to sell those tickets on even at $20/ticket. I'll be renewing next season but I'll definitely be trying to move into the supporters.

TFC's buzz is dying down but there is still quite a big niche fanbase and I cannot stress how important it is to MLSE not to piss that fanbase off. Once you lose fans, they may never comeback. New fans will come but a lot of that is tied with success, something this team has been reluctant to have.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    The season tickets aren't bad as long as you can attend most games.

Its when you have to miss a bunch of games and you can't move your extras that it starts to become a pain in the ass and you wonder why you still have them.
    That's where I am. For me to keep my season tickets next year, the price needs to be lowered so that I no longer care if anyone picks up the tickets for the games that I miss.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create an imaginary squeeze on supply to pent up demand...this was learnt in very basic years to be a short term solution to long-term issues that will ultimately fail. Glad to see TFC have a high business accumen in their brass #slapthemwithmyballs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch ... I need to verify the $$ but that sounds like it might be lower the season seat holder rates

or at least equivalent

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    ouch ... I need to verify the $$ but that sounds like it might be lower the season seat holder rates

or at least equivalent
    Light Greys there are $8 more per ticket than a STH pays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I was not sure but knew it was getting close to the STH rate

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    yeah, I was not sure but knew it was getting close to the STH rate
    Outside the stadium on game day they are selling for cheaper than STH rates.......can someone out there think of one good reason why I should renew my tickets, I'm having a hard time?????

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard the STH waiting list went up another couple of thousand. we're at 12,000+ now!! better keep those tickets boyos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    Outside the stadium on game day they are selling for cheaper than STH rates.......can someone out there think of one good reason why I should renew my tickets, I'm having a hard time?????
    Not one reason. Travelzoo have them all the time....scalpers for next to nothing, friends etc.
    Anyone who buys seasons is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I use to get blasted on this board a few years back for saying that if MLSE was not careful the sell out crowds woud start to fall and soon we would be looking like Crew stadium in Columbus. I would write about soccer in Toronto not being hockey were people would always go win or lose, however, people would come on these boards and say that I was crazy for writing that. However, it looks like what I was saying was true. TFC needed to put a winning product from the start like Philadelphia and Seattle have done so far. MLSE has truly fucked this up having the audacity of pushing ticket prices up in spite of the crap on the field. You know who will have the last laugh all the soccer haters in the media who predicted that pro soccer would never work in Toronto and would fail just as it has many times before. Shame on you MLSE!
    Top post SoccMan. Worst possible owners and they've fukced up what could have been a great thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to keep my seasons this season "just in case" - Just in case TFC actually did turn the team around, and the crowds came back. That way I wouldn't be on the outside looking in.

I highly doubt this is going to happen, so my reasons for keeping them are pretty much gone when I can get them at a 2-1 discount off scalpers. I suspect a lot of folks are in my boat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they can force people buying Marlies tickets to buy TFC tickets as well and call it a sports pack or something like that....just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now this hit my inbox this am....

Good Morning Peachy Buy Moms!
    Ever been to a Toronto FC game? If the answer is yes then we know you'll take advantage of the amazing and exclusive Peachy ticket pricing we have available for you today. If not, then we think you must experience Major League Soccer in Toronto. Don't you think the kids will love it too? We spend all summer cheering them on at the sidelines at soccer practice we think it's about time they do some cheering themselves!
    Today on Peachy Buy click the pink Buy button and we will email you a special discount code to unlock savings of up to 30% for the July 27, 2011 Toronto FC game at BMO field. After you get the voucher code please visit https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l=EN&t=tfc&o=10871350&g=2170 to order your tickets. and simply enter your code to access the savings.

Toronto FC vs Real Esteli (Nicaragua) July 27, 8:00 p.m. / Concacaf Champion's League Qualifying Match, 1st Leg

Special Pricing Available as follows:
    Medium Grey: Peachy Price $31 (regular $44.50 - 30% off)
    Dark Grey: Peachy Price $46 (regular $62.50 - 26% off)
    Light Blue: Peachy Price $42 (regular $52.50 - 20% off)
    Prices include tax and all fees. The percentage discount is based on regular game day pricing plus applicable fees and taxes.
    Perfect family night out for a Peachy Price of course!

http://www.peachybuy.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Thats a great way to reward your most loyal customers. This really pisses me off.
    They aren't screwing season ticket holders. SSH still get a lower price.

But I do think they are getting increasingly desperate in their attempts to sell tickets.
    I think menefreghista may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

It is sometimes possible for the victim to not realize that they are being repeatedly assaulted and victimized...

How many times do TFC tickets have to be on Travel Zoo's top 20 before Menfreg realizes that he is being taken for a sucker?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    How many times do TFC tickets have to be on Travel Zoo's top 20 before Menfreg realizes that he is being taken for a sucker?
    I'm still able to sell my extras at 'cost'. So I am in no way a sucker.

Not sure why you are attacking me. I'm one of the biggest proponents of the fact that TFC must lower ticket prices for the upcoming renewal.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    I think menefreghista may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

It is sometimes possible for the victim to not realize that they are being repeatedly assaulted and victimized...

LMAO

So true, paint it and disguise it any way you want a pig is a pig......they are selling tickets to general public for what $1, $2 more than what I paid as a STH and some people on this board have the nerve to say they are not being victimized....give your head a shake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still able to sell my extras at 'cost'. So I am in no way a sucker.
    The issue is that MLSE is selling tickets right now, that are essentially Season ticket pricing or below.... This devalues everyones tickets - including yours, whether you will admit it or not. There are few in BMO who can say they have broken even on their unused tickets, or even come close... Perhaps you are unaware that anything from medium grey to club seats can be typically had for $30 or less??

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fully aware of the ticketing situation. I've been following it closely since day 1.

My tickets are in the south end, so obviously it is easier for me to move them.

I truly feel sorry for the people in the expensive seats.