Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S224 View Post
    People are voting with their feet - no game this year has had full attendance - by that I mean the stands visibly full during the game. Compare that to years 1-4.
    I know of at least three season tickets -- mine -- that won't be getting renewed next year. TFC can rebuild again if it wants to, just not on the back of my wallet. Hell, I would even stick around if not for the well documented and beaten to death gouging practices that the ownership engages in. As it is, this is it for me.

I thought CBlake's cheerleader thread was the rock bottom, but I'd say today is it.

If you take the two biggest beatings we got at home this season, DC and today, that's 9 goals allowed in two games. Nine. Just marvel at that for a second.

But it's ok, because as TFC proudly proclaims, we're getting points out of 75% of matches!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very upsetting if we lose Ecks at the end of his loan. He's by far the best defender AND two way player we've ever had. It'll take a good chunk of change to entice him to sign with this shit team this summer.
    I'll be so glad when DeGuzman gets chopped. It'll be my christmas present this year.
    Harden and Gargan must are so unbelieveably brutal you can't help but wonder if they're subsidizing their paychecks by throwing games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that if Winter thinks that Harden is his best option - and he *knows* that harden is not capable of playing at this level, and this season is supposed to be a 'rebuilding year', then WHY THE FUCK IS HE STARTING?!?!! or playing at all for that matter? you're not giving your team a chance to win, nor are you analyzing your other options for this club going forward.

By playing Harden he's treading water, learning nothing, and embarrassing himself and this club.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2mil4dero+santo View Post
    I said this back when dero was run out of town. Winter's ego is so out of whack, he doesn't want good players, he wants players that when he says jump they say how high... in the end we're gonna be left with a bunch of players who are just happy someone is paying them to play and will do anything thats asked of them. The good players who have options will not be motivated to play under this NOOB coach.

Klinsmann + Winter = Con Man + epic FAIL
    Ive been saying this for a long time now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    6-2 that was the worst home loss in a long time
    I think it was the worse ever...?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strans View Post
    The problem is that if Winter thinks that Harden is his best option...
    Suspect there has been a falling out with both Cann and Attakora because Harden is obviously no more than inexpensive cover just like Gargan. A team that starts Harden and Gargan when better paid options are available on the bench clearly has issues. Winter publicly calling out the players on his roster who are from Toronto is unlikely to have gone down well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter's post game conference was interesting. Winter's comments were a bit hard to understand because the questions he was answering could not be heard on GOLTV... But - he emphasized the fact the team is rebuilding and he does not have enough of the players he wants. Said the team will try to sign players when the transfer window opens and that he is not happy with JDG the last two games. I could not understand what he said about JDG specifically, so don't quote me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He just said in the presser the team won't win until he gets the players that fit his system, blamed this on players left over from last year.....which, while true, is not exactly a sensible motivating method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been saying this a while that Harden, Gargan and Peterson have to go ASAP! I don't care if we have to buy them out and still have their salary count on our cap space. These guys shouldn't be playing in this type of system at all.

JDG needs to go as well! He's too weak and can't pass the ball half the time.

Winter should resign as a head coach and stick to being TD.

Play the kids if we're going to rebuild this season not bums like Harden (He's the reason why Mapp scored two goals and I think it was his marked man who scored the goal from corner kick) and Gargan (First Philly goal was his fault).
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He just said in the presser the team won't win until he gets the players that fit his system, blamed this on players left over from last year.....which, while true, is not exactly a sensible motivating method.
    True - lousy motivating method. But, 'telling it like it is' is a good idea. The man is at least honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's right, but why didn't he play the kids at least instead of Harden and Gargan? JDG should just leave Toronto and find a 'gig' in Spain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Very upsetting if we lose Ecks at the end of his loan. He's by far the best defender AND two way player we've ever had. It'll take a good chunk of change to entice him to sign with this shit team this summer.
    I'll be so glad when DeGuzman gets chopped. It'll be my christmas present this year.
    Harden and Gargan must are so unbelieveably brutal you can't help but wonder if they're subsidizing their paychecks by throwing games.
    Agreed.

I hope we can buy his contract once his loan deal is over, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ecks wants to return back to England instead of playing in MLS next season.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question that should have been asked (may have been I can't get Gol TV where I am right now) is If he knows he doesn't have the players to play his system right now, why even use that system at this point? A more conservative 4-5-1 can easily be turned back into more of an Ajax style 4-3-3 further down the road when conditions are ripe for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was gross.

Disappointing on all fronts. Not one good performance.

It was also to see Frei have such a bad game. He's allowed to from time to time (god knows he's earned it) but that fourth goal was a back breaker.

Second goal was on him too. Very out of character for him.

Worrisome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S224 View Post
    True - lousy motivating method. But, 'telling it like it is' is a good idea. The man is at least honest.
    I call bullshit. He picked the starting 11. 5 of them played for us last season. That includes Santos and Frei. The rest are his. The subs that came in were his pick-ups too. He needs to take some fucking ownership finally. It's everyone else BUT him. Fuck that. He gets no pass from me and gets less credit for throwing the team under the bus like he has time and again!

REFUND!

Oh and figure this shit out already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats it for me as well folks no renewals
    I feel like TFC threw a piss bag on me

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jdg, ecks, plata and freight. That's all we got. We need at least 2 new defenders ASAP. We need a target man ASAP.

And Tfc need to sort out this attakora issue. Either fix the problem or get rid if him. Time's up.

I still think we're better this year than we were last year..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG can take a hike
    zero chance that boy should be making more than 200K
    criminal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad, bad game. No excuses for these guys putting in that performance.

Not much to do now but have a beer, and start forgetting about it.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback6 View Post
    Transfer window coming up... release Gargan/Harden and others, sign a third CF a LCB and maybe an CAM... and fire Anselmi... I feel bad for the more talented players who are being hung out to dry, yourass, plata, eckersley... Tchani even... they are having to do things that they aren't equipped for because this team has too much depth in some areas e.g. DM, and not enough elsewhere... I repeat... major moves have to happen in the transfer window.. or else I'm sure heads will roll... but with the major shitshow this club is/has become... what player would come here willingly?? anyhow gonna go watch some real football i.e. CL.

^^^^ this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Bad, bad game. No excuses for these guys putting in that performance.

Not much to do now but have a beer, and start forgetting about it.

- Scott
    I agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse the formatting - on a iPhone.

Frei
    Ecks - Williams - Cann - Borman
    Steva - JDG - Tchani
    Martina - Gordon - Plata

That is a starting 11 with 8 players Winter brought in. Frei gets a pass for obvious reasons. Sounds like excuses to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Big questions are why no Cann and why was JDG's head not in it today? Suspect there may be major problems in the dressing room.
    That's a huge jump you're making there. Any evidence to support it?

I'm all for giving some stick to the boys and coaches today because they were awful for 80 minutes, but give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll excuse Stef for a bad day- very rare and how many times has he saved us? Bad day at the office for sure for him.

Harden, Williamd and Gargan/Borman - total fuckin joke. No way we'd have let in 6 with CannNana in there. Winter- give your fuckin head a shake and recognise who is the best CB partnership.

JDG- don't get me going...

Total shitshow today and I truly worry for the future of this club the way the support is fading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on the way to the bus home myself and (TFCPICScom) Scotty were talking about this game and I was saying how angry I was with the effort. Scotty said something that to me that is even worse than anger... he said he was "disappointed" with the effort.

Only Eckersley and Plata get passing grades today is our consensus.

And how FOR FIVE GOD DAMN FUCKING YEARS NOW can we still not get left back/centre back straightened away??

And by the way how bad must Nana Attakora be doing in training to not rate ahead of either Gargan or Harden?

Off to the Academy game at Lamport tonight. Hopefully they can show me a team in red uniforms that is actually interested in winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strans View Post
    I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship.
    spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try so hard to force myself to understand the constant changes that go on with this team, but I just can't do it anymore.

Eckersley and Plata both showed hustle, and I'll include Frei and Soolsma in that category. Other than that, Harden, Williams Yourass, Tchani, like what the fuck do you do on the field?

Anyways, can someone explain to me the backpass situation? I'm all for building up from the back, but like honest to god they were passing back to Frei's left foot when he was under pressure. Surely it's wiser to just boot it up the field then put Frei in danger, and then force him to shank the ball away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter needs new players.. he knows it and is waiting for the transfer window... be patient guys... he knows that harden and gargan etc stink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enuff !! This team is utter crap.....been a fan since day numero uno, but ,come on, this is disgraceful........Eckersley, plata, and Frei.....that is all i'd keep.