Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Tbh I think the dcu shutout was worse last year.
    Naw I mean up until 5-0 at NYRB we never conceded more then that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    JDG anyway we can just let him go, he is just terrible I would rather play without him, it seems that many of the goals scored against us seem to start from one of his mistakes.
    Really, Guess the 3 goals we conceded yesterday at the second half was his fault. Same can go for the first goal and Plata's awful free kick give away that led to the 3rd goal.
    Winter also mentioned how this team still does not have balance.
    “Because it’s impossible,” he said. “One week you are playing well, and after a week later you don’t get a performance where you have one the previous week.”
    Hard to achieve this when you put up a completely different line up every week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont even care if JDG can be made personally liable for any particular goals. He is a defensive midfielder who is supposed to control the flow of the game. Looking at the organizations progress since he was signed, and considering what he was signed for (big money), and what he was signed to do (make a big POSITIVE difference), JDG is a monumental failure and a person who this organization would be better off just walking away from and pretending never happened.

When you have a guy in the dressing room making 2 millions dollars while bringing nothing tangible to the table, players are going to look around that room and ask themselves "what the fuck am I working for? I wont get compensated based on merit, so why strive to achieve?". You can call it greedy, and say you want anybody thinking about money shipped out (like our only great player ever), but youre being fucking naive to think that because these guys are playing football they shouldnt care about their pay, or the performance of their co-workers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    I dont even care if JDG can be made personally liable for any particular goals. He is a defensive midfielder who is supposed to control the flow of the game. Looking at the organizations progress since he was signed, and considering what he was signed for (big money), and what he was signed to do (make a big POSITIVE difference), JDG is a monumental failure and a person who this organization would be better off just walking away from and pretending never happened.

When you have a guy in the dressing room making 2 millions dollars while bringing nothing tangible to the table, players are going to look around that room and ask themselves "what the fuck am I working for? I wont get compensated based on merit, so why strive to achieve?". You can call it greedy, and say you want anybody thinking about money shipped out (like our only great player ever), but youre being fucking naive to think that because these guys are playing football they shouldnt care about their pay, or the performance of their co-workers.
    Careful now, this thread will explode to 100+ pages debating whether or not TFC players should want to get paid at all, because they "should" be here simply because they want to play for TFC, not because they want compensation, fair or otherwise, in any form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ TFCRegina, well spotted.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Careful now, this thread will explode to 100+ pages debating whether or not TFC players should want to get paid at all, because they "should" be here simply because they want to play for TFC, not because they want compensation, fair or otherwise, in any form.
    who would say that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    That MIGHT, might, be the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on these boards. I can't think of anything that'd come close to topping it but I hesitate to say it definitely is. Either you're totally insane or incapable of appreciating greatness.

to topic- I was going to end my TFC boycott and attend the game today with 3 people who have never seen a TFC game. But I got called in to work at the last min and cancelled. Thank god for that. I'm considering hibernating until the transfer window opens.
    Well, I don't think Man United played well like the poster he was replying to suggested. They were outclassed pretty badly. However, no fault of their own. Barcelona are just that much better in comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're only 4 points out of a playoff spot... we will be ok!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    yeah this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this league is shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to much turnover in the clubs history to be firing Winter and or Mariner. Not giving them at least two years would be stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Way to much turnover in the clubs history to be firing Winter and or Mariner. Not giving them at least two years would be stupid.
    I think some of us are thinking Winter may resign if things keep going like this...

Failing miserably in the MLS and getting fired isn't good for the resume...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think some of us are thinking Winter may resign if things keep going like this...

Carts...
    Yeah, it's not good at all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    Wow this league is shit.
    it's also not true, i mean not even a little bit, but yeah sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    Wow this league is shit.
    You're observation would only make sense if teams in this league were playing teams in other leagues and you were tracking the standings in our league. But since everyone is playing each other, how is it that this reflects on the quality of the league?

The fact we are 4 points out of a playoff spots means:

1. There is parity in the league.
    2. We have lots of games in hand on other teams in both divisions.

Right now, points aside, we are probably fighting with Vancouver and Sporting KC for the title of worst team in the league. Although I believe once KC starts to actually play some games they'll emerge as being better then us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post

Carts...
    He certainly never looks like he's a happy individual and having any fun.

Not that I expect it after these losses, but in general, he seems very down.

I can only go by what I've seen in interviews though, so this is pretty much speculation on my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too many games in such a short span... I expected a loss but 6 goals? fuck.

funny I didn't get to see the game but I saw the score on the Score ticker and figured the TOR and PHI stood for Blue Jays and Phillies... Oh boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a schedule backloaded with away games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful with picking apart things game by game. The same guys on here that love everything TFC does when they win, are the same guys who pick apart everthing and everyone who had something to do with a loss. There are reasons the FO hire the coaches, managers, etc. and not guys on this forum. Support the club, that is all. No one is going to read one of your posts and think, wow, that guy knows what he's talking about, maybe we should fire Winter or Mariner, lets hire a poster! Trust that someone getting paid to do a job is putting in an effort.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suljazz View Post
    Be careful with picking apart things game by game. The same guys on here that love everything TFC does when they win, are the same guys who pick apart everthing and everyone who had something to do with a loss. There are reasons the FO hire the coaches, managers, etc. and not guys on this forum. Support the club, that is all. No one is going to read one of your posts and think, wow, that guy knows what he's talking about, maybe we should fire Winter or Mariner, lets hire a poster! Trust that someone getting paid to do a job is putting in an effort.

That is all.
    This is false.

My opinion and stance, and those of many other posters on this board has been roughly consistent. Your general assessment that we all just change our opinions on the basis of the result is basically ignorant and uninformed.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although a Ruud Gullit style early exit is a scenario that always has to be considered, I didn't see much indication of Aron Winter throwing in the towel in his latest press conference. He is much less belligerent and out of his element than John Carver was in that context and his posture was more "OK that was a bad game but it was down to a series of individual mistakes rather than the system and I still haven't been able to fully reshape the team yet". Getting in the three players he was talking about for the spine of the team is liable to involve large multiyear guaranteed contracts as well as the probable departures of some big names from the current roster so it sounded more like a statement of intent to hang in there and finish the job than anything else to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... just to summarize the first 9 pages of this thread, so nobody has to go back and read it all:

- it is agreed: very, very bad game
    - majority of "bad player" posts identify players belonging to
    Mo: Gargin, Hardin, J Fuckin Goosme - no consensus on why
    these guys are playing, most of us just hope they leave or
    ride the bench soon
    - some are having an "ah ha" moment regarding being totally fed up
    and giving up on Season's Tickets, some who already arrived
    there a year or two ago give their sympathy...
    - roogsey wants an effing miracle from the coaching staff

Three words: SUCK IT UP!

This whining about the coaching staff sounds like parents in the stands at the local hockey rink, or at a competive soccer match of 13 year olds. Winter, de Klerk, Mariner are one hell of a lot better than what we have had. Most of the players that they have added to the team, have been a noticable improvement - at least they tend to have some touch, can actually (usually) pass, and have some game awareness.

The coaching staff are not fucking miracle workers - they can't turn shit into gold overnight (I know roogsey would like them to, but it is against the laws of physics...) Anybody who has ever coached knows what a tough gig that is - just lay off - it really doesn't matter if Gargan or Hardin or Jesus Effing Christ plays - THE SEASON IS LOST. I'm not saying the team and coaches shouldn't give their all, but it is far better in the long term, psychologically, for all TFC supporters to change your mindset to next season - NOW! Beating up on the coaches, the players and fellow supporters at this point is generally not good for us. (the exception is that we can moan all we want about Mo's players, Tommy A. etc...) We all know the odds are stacked against any coaching staff:
    - 4 years of a losing Mo legacy
    - hodge podge of players, no team/organisation vision
    - a TFC Front office that has shit the bed almost every day
    - really pissed off fans (whats left of them)
    - tickets way, way too expensive
    - Tommy A.
    - MLSE
    - MLS salary cap

Lets appreciate fine play when we see it and laugh long and hard when we see the coach has started Mo's players - Gargin or Hardin or Peterson again? Don't you realize that Winter is just reminding you of the difference between his players, and Mo's players - WHICH DO YOU WANT?

Also if being a season ticket holder is aggravating you, don't renew - you can still go to as many games as you want to, without the nagging angst of being taken advantage of - ask any of us who have dropped tickets... I feel free - have much less angst - still go to games... and don't have to eat high priced tickets, when I can't make a game...

Lets take advantage of how bad it is, by pushing hard for the consolidated North end for supporters, a friggin roof and A VERY ATTRACTIVE SEASON TICKET PACKAGE. These are things we can work hard on - let the coaching staff sort out the locker room and the field of play. Soccer Moms will not save this team, but supporters working on the above issues will certainly help!

Speaking of laughing long and hard - how about a lottery on how many more total starts Hardin and Gargin will get this year? I will take 7 starts total between them (all caused by injuries and international play)

Over to the Roogsey, for an uplifting reply! ;-)
    Last edited by tiberius; 05-29-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is all.
    The hired Mo Johnston. Enough said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    yup...
    tommorrows another day......and supporting should be a long and prosperous journey, if people can't handle the lows then they definitely have zero right to the highs. Simply stop going or buying tickets, or is it just the constant complaining everyone is addicted to?..bad game yup but like the fans who were constantly foul mouthed at their heros?...today ....why go then?,..simply enjoy your Man u's Liverpools or whatever......and look for your perfect little soccer bliss,....cause real life is found in the journey
    fantastic post - wish I could be so eloquent. Having just sobered up from MCFC's first trophy since dinosaurs roamed the planet, I can attest that the sheer joy at well-earned success is worth the years of utter utter shite.

When that day comes (and it will) those of us who stayed til the bitter end of games like yesterday and those of us who show up week in week out will rejoice for we will have earned the glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is all.
    I don't need some manc scum telling me what I can and can't say kthxby....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two teams below us Chicago...3 games in hand...Kansas...5games in hand. At least that was true yesterday. We're in a deep crisis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the most ridiculous scheduling of a match.... It didn't actually kick off until 12:45.... What football in the world would miss that Champions League final? I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more complaining about it. I gave my tickets away for the game. Watched it on tv...that was the worst footballing display I've seen for a time.

Pissed right off.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    fantastic post - wish I could be so eloquent. Having just sobered up from MCFC's first trophy since dinosaurs roamed the planet, I can attest that the sheer joy at well-earned success is worth the years of utter utter shite.

When that day comes (and it will) those of us who stayed til the bitter end of games like yesterday and those of us who show up week in week out will rejoice for we will have earned the glory.
    I bet 80% of the real Man City fans at Wembley for the FA Cup final have probably walked out before the end of a game and I'll bet more than half have booed their team off the field as well. I know I have and I support a team whose "suffering" makes yours' look a like a walk on the beach. Yes sticking with your team makes it all worthwhile but voicing criticism or even deciding to miss games if there's no enjoyment to be had doesn't equal disloyalty in my book. It's not as if they're paying us to watch, after 5 years we owe them nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC did not show up for the game,
    Just my opinion. Winter and Mariner need at least 2 years.
    Last edited by Derko; 05-29-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    So... just to summarize the first 9 pages of this thread, so nobody has to go back and read it all:

- it is agreed: very, very bad game
    - majority of "bad player" posts identify players belonging to
    Mo: Gargin, Hardin, J Fuckin Goosme - no consensus on why
    these guys are playing, most of us just hope they leave or
    ride the bench soon
    - some are having an "ah ha" moment regarding being totally fed up
    and giving up on Season's Tickets, some who already arrived
    there a year or two ago give their sympathy...
    - roogsey wants an effing miracle from the coaching staff

Three words: SUCK IT UP!

This whining about the coaching staff sounds like parents in the stands at the local hockey rink, or at a competive soccer match of 13 year olds. Winter, de Klerk, Mariner are one hell of a lot better than what we have had. Most of the players that they have added to the team, have been a noticable improvement - at least they tend to have some touch, can actually (usually) pass, and have some game awareness.

The coaching staff are not fucking miracle workers - they can't turn shit into gold overnight (I know roogsey would like them to, but it is against the laws of physics...) Anybody who has ever coached knows what a tough gig that is - just lay off - it really doesn't matter if Gargan or Hardin or Jesus Effing Christ plays - THE SEASON IS LOST. I'm not saying the team and coaches shouldn't give their all, but it is far better in the long term, psychologically, for all TFC supporters to change your mindset to next season - NOW! Beating up on the coaches, the players and fellow supporters at this point is generally not good for us. (the exception is that we can moan all we want about Mo's players, Tommy A. etc...) We all know the odds are stacked against any coaching staff:
    - 4 years of a losing Mo legacy
    - hodge podge of players, no team/organisation vision
    - a TFC Front office that has shit the bed almost every day
    - really pissed off fans (whats left of them)
    - tickets way, way too expensive
    - Tommy A.
    - MLSE
    - MLS salary cap

Lets appreciate fine play when we see it and laugh long and hard when we see the coach has started Mo's players - Gargin or Hardin or Peterson again? Don't you realize that Winter is just reminding you of the difference between his players, and Mo's players - WHICH DO YOU WANT?

Also if being a season ticket holder is aggravating you, don't renew - you can still go to as many games as you want to, without the nagging angst of being taken advantage of - ask any of us who have dropped tickets... I feel free - have much less angst - still go to games... and don't have to eat high priced tickets, when I can't make a game...

Lets take advantage of how bad it is, by pushing hard for the consolidated North end for supporters, a friggin roof and A VERY ATTRACTIVE SEASON TICKET PACKAGE. These are things we can work hard on - let the coaching staff sort out the locker room and the field of play. Soccer Moms will not save this team, but supporters working on the above issues will certainly help!

Speaking of laughing long and hard - how about a lottery on how many more total starts Hardin and Gargin will get this year? I will take 7 starts total between them (all caused by injuries and international play)

Over to the Roogsey, for an uplifting reply! ;-)
    Roogsy and I have our differences of opinion, but dude - give it a rest. You directly bait him like three times in this post.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens