Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Wull and Celt-Nick together? I think history shows when Scots get together only trouble can follow
    deadringers for Stefanovic and Eckersley these 2

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    deadringers for Stefanovic and Eckersley these 2
    Hahaha. Wull, there's gotta be a way to gain from this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by celt-nick View Post
    Hahaha. Wull, there's gotta be a way to gain from this....
    let's try it out at Joe's next weekend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    ^ yeah there were some newbies in 114 shitting on frei.

i was like PARDON?

fricking hockey fans . . .

pardon? shitting on hockey fans?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    That's hockey stuff. Where you take out a goalie so his confidence isn't shattered. Much different in this sport where you only get 3 substitutions. To use one up on a goalie in the first half is not what I would be doing.

Hocky stuff? sorry i know nothing about hocky, i was a foot ball goalie since i was 4 years old, now that iam 47, i do goalie training.
    when your goalie has a non reliable defence line, you pull him out before they out score him and make him feel bad, and thats exacley what happened on saturday, after the 3rd. goal Frei was a bit shakey, that somthing you would never want to your first choice goali
    :drum: TFC :drum: TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazinn View Post
    Hocky stuff? sorry i know nothing about hocky, i was a foot ball goalie since i was 4 years old, now that iam 47, i do goalie training.
    when your goalie has a non reliable defence line, you pull him out before they out score him and make him feel bad, and thats exacley what happened on saturday, after the 3rd. goal Frei was a bit shakey, that somthing you would never want to your first choice goali
    Never seen that happen in the 25 years I've been watching and playing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    pardon? shitting on hockey fans?
    Just insulted 90% of BMO Field.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Never seen that happen in the 25 years I've been watching and playing
    Its something that does not happen in every game, its very rare, but when it happens , there is no difference between having a disoriented goalie, and a goalie with an injured hand or a foot, you dont want an injured goalie to attend the net. what happened on saturday,any one who watched the game and saw the 3rd. goal, and for any reason thought we can still catch up in the game, is a fool
    :drum: TFC :drum: TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazinn View Post
    Its something that does not happen in every game, its very rare, but when it happens , there is no difference between having a disoriented goalie, and a goalie with an injured hand or a foot, you dont want an injured goalie to attend the net. what happened on saturday,any one who watched the game and saw the 3rd. goal, and for any reason thought we can still catch up in the game, is a fool
    We had a fighting chance at 3-2. Unfortunately it would have taken 5 subs to do what we did AND shore up the back line

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys saw the look on Frei's face during and after the game right?

Convince me he is here for the long-term and isn't looking for the escape hatch out as some other players have told me people have advised him to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Convince me he is here for the long-term and isn't looking for the escape hatch out as some other players have told me people have advised him to do?
    Yeah, his post game interview looked very sincere. He was sitting on the ground, depleted but still came across with a tone that showed he was committed to improving this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't improve, he has to go for the sake of his own development. I hope nobody here would begrudge him that.

I was more concerned about the look on Eckersley's face at half time. He was getting tore into 3 stooges he was sharing a back line with. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a clear the air session this morning or whenever they're next at training

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    Yeah, his post game interview looked very sincere. He was sitting on the ground, depleted but still came across with a tone that showed he was committed to improving this club.

Sincerity and wishing for the best for TFC is something I am sure Frei feels.

Staying here is not something I am quite so sure of. I can't find any reason to believe "tone" would indicate commitment unless you are looking for it. What I saw yesterday was a keeper who was tired of keeping his club in the games. He's called out his team several games now. Many are saying his development could be hampered if he stays here. If we don't realize the risk of Frei's leaving is real, it's going to hit us like a ton of bricks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Frei have a proper song?

If not, I think this song is a gem (if not for him, someone in the squad...but he is definitely most deserving of a song).

Its to the tune of 'Give it Up' by KC and the Sunshine band (about 1:00 in):

Its used around England quite a bit. Spurs have one for VdV, Arsenal one for Nasri, but I'm quite sure it started with Ebanks-Blake and Wolves.

Anyways, I thought it could go something like:

Super Stefan Frei, STEFAN FREI, Super Stefan Frei
    Na na na na na naaaa....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frei needs a proper song, soon ... i like it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure when the time comes for Frei to leave the clubs PR department will release some lies to make him look like a bad guy.

The fans will eat it up because they are so pro management.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I'm sure when the time comes for Frei to leave the clubs PR department will release some lies to make him look like a bad guy.

I spoke with one keeper in MLS from another team and he told me that Frei's development will most definitely be hindered by staying at TFC and he thinks Frei is already getting advice to start looking elsewhere for when the time comes to bolt. He said it was too bad because in his opinion, Frei is one of, if not the best keeper in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with one keeper in MLS from another team and he told me that Frei's development will most definitely be hindered by staying at TFC and he thinks Frei is already getting advice to start looking elsewhere for when the time comes to bolt. He said it was too bad because in his opinion, Frei is one of, if not the best keeper in MLS.
    How can he not be the best? He's developed so quickly. It happens when you see the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. Either through backpasses, set piece defense, distribution or saves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there is something to be said for all the extra practice he gets playing behind our squad. He gets so many reps in ridiculous situations that soon enough every play will be routine. Once whatever merciful deity he worships grants his prayers and moves him to a squad that is not such a farcical shit-show he will be completely unflappable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro-management? Really? Have you been reading these boards at all over the past five years?

Looks like BS and conjecture was on sale at RONA this weekend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Pro-management? Really? Have you been reading these boards at all over the past five years?

Looks like BS and conjecture was on sale at RONA this weekend.
    I guess you missed the threads on De Rosario, Cann, Attakora and the 3 Academy kids.

Conjecture my ass. When push comes to shove the majority of posters side with management when it comes to player disputes.

-------------------

By the way, does anyone have any idea how long we have Frei under contract?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you missed the threads on De Rosario, Cann, Attakora and the 3 Academy kids.

Conjecture my ass. When push comes to shove the majority of posters side with management when it comes to player disputes.
    Co-signed
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree that we side with management. I think most of us are more concerned with the team's image and in most of those disputes, even though they may have been aiming for the FO, it's our club's name that was getting dragged through the mud again.
    Most people outside of our support don't know who tom, paul, earl etc. are and coverage of them doesn't tend to extend beyond local outlets. The players, however do get reported on further afield so people tend to have a go at them more in the situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    I disagree that we side with management. I think most of us are more concerned with the team's image and in most of those disputes, even though they may have been aiming for the FO, it's our club's name that was getting dragged through the mud again.
    Most people outside of our support don't know who tom, paul, earl etc. are and coverage of them doesn't tend to extend beyond local outlets. The players, however do get reported on further afield so people tend to have a go at them more in the situation.
    You are splitting hairs. It comes down to the same thing, running down the players and calling them liars, while reflexively siding with the team/FO, whatever the facts may be.

I don't get this. Why does anyone think this is a religion or something, where anything that threatens the image of "Toronto FC" has to be opposed?

The way to have a better image for Toronto FC is not to reflexively side with anyone. That way eevryone knows that honourable dealings will be rewarded, dishonourable dealings won't.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero was done as soon as he signed that cheque
    Cann ditched training camp
    Nana, people are seriously wondering who he has to blow to get a start
    The Academy Kids, don't think there's really enough there to blame either side

If Frei goes, it will not be the same old. Trust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You are splitting hairs. It comes down to the same thing, running down the players and calling them liars, while reflexively siding with the team/FO, whatever the facts may be.

I don't get this. Why does anyone think this is a religion or something, where anything that threatens the image of "Toronto FC" has to be opposed?

The way to have a better image for Toronto FC is not to reflexively side with anyone. That way eevryone knows that honourable dealings will be rewarded, dishonourable dealings won't.
    That's a touch harsh don't you think? One one hand you're saying we should not reflexively side with anyone (I agree with you 100%), but on the other you readily categorize those that may not take your position as 'running down the players'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Attacking players isn't necessarily siding with the FO. I haven't had a go at Nana the way I did with DeRo and to a lesser extent Cann. I didn't like the way DeRo went about things so I said so. I didn't like Cann walking out with a week to go so I said so. I don't like the way Nana is being treated so I said so.

Ultimately that shirt means more to me than anyone wearing it or managing it. We got rid of the main issues for Cann and DeRo when we dumped Mo, the new management team tried to reach a compromise but couldn't. That was an attempt at honourable dealings by Winter and Mariner, this whole thing with Nana has me very concerned though

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when the badge didn't equate with management?

I miss those days. Carry on....
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you don't like how some of the players go about their business, doesn't mean you side with management. And if you don't like how management goes about their business, doesn't mean you side with the players.

Ultimately the team is the most important. That's who I support. It's too bad sometimes management and players can't see that. I don't know why it has to be about "picking a side". You buy a beer, you're sided with management. You protest management, you're siding with the players.

At the end of the day, everyone just tries to cover their ass. That's sports, that's life.

But those who put the team's best interests - ahead of their own - and there are some, they get my respect.

Having said that if Frei says he wants to leave to play on a winning team, I'm not going to vilify him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    But those who put the team's best interests - ahead of their own - and there are some, they get my respect.

And who are these people? Because if there are none, does that mean that none get your respect?